• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor |OT| One Title to rule them all

DieH@rd

Banned
For anyone who is tasked for creating PC Performance Thread for this game... I made something for you. :D Put it in that OP.

invqzz.gif

xBladeM6x

For anyone who is tasked for creating PC Performance Thread for this game... I made something for you. :D Put it in that OP.

invqzz.gif

As absolutley great as this is, we still don't know what the texture equivalent is on PS4 to PC. Also, it seems people forget that the 6GB thing is only Ultra textures, not the game as a whole.

bigkrev

Is there -any- idea when GMG will give out codes?
Like, will I be able to start the download before I leave for work tomorrow morning?

Kaversmed

For anyone wondering about the world of Mordor - a pretty cool quote from the digitalchumps review (they gave it a 9 btw.)

As for the presentation side of things, Shadow of Mordor is so damn gorgeous. The moment Talion steps into the environment, you see such detailed depth and scale with everything. From a large statue harking back to the beginning of the second age to broken down castles and Uruk built environments, there’s enough pretty to go around in this game.

full review

Yeah, just looked at the pre-order page, that sucks. Is it that hard to unlock games at 12 am for their respective timezone? Maybe I'll just pick it up at Gamestop now.

If you do that then everyone wants to use a VPN to unlock the game earlier than noon in their own time zone.

Damned if you do....

DieH@rd

Banned
About the resolutiongate, both One and PS4 versions are 26 GBytes, right? Shouldn't it be a hint that they use more or less the same assets?

Size of the game does not have effect on performance, especially in open world games.

Random Xbone game can have same textures, same object complexity, same effect density, same resolution, same framerate as PS4 version... but LOD distances can be different, and that can heavily influence processing requirement.

GMG's advertisements for SoM should read "preorder now, start downloading on release!" Because it doesn't seem like we're getting keys early.

invqzz.gif

Very nice.

Typomancer

Neo Member
...and it's gone :panicbasket:

Yep. ):

Well things I did get from it are:

- The sounds, from ambience in the menus, to voice acting, are all amazing
- Looks excellent in the graphics department as all the videos have already shown
- I can’t fucking wait to play this game

UnrealEck

As absolutley great as this is, we still don't know what the texture equivalent is on PS4 to PC. Also, it seems people forget that the 6GB thing is only Ultra textures, not the game as a whole.

It's also believed (and rightly so) that it's including some sort of downsampling. I also don't think it's actually asking for 6GB of VRAM but a graphics card with 6GB of VRAM. It's just shorter and easier to word it how they have because you don't get 4.5GB cards or 5GB cards.

1337Sauce

Warner Bros doesn't allow video until launch day.

Is there somewhere I can find this information for other games? Or is it usually WB that does this? Asking because I have had this game all weekend, but have decided to stream it tonight. If it is going to get shut down, I'll just literally wait for 12AM haha

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Is there somewhere I can find this information for other games? Or is it usually WB that does this? Asking because I have had this game all weekend, but have decided to stream it tonight. If it is going to get shut down, I'll just literally wait for 12AM haha
As a rule of tumb on Twitch you should always wait until the official launch of a game, because they match the game you're playing to their internal database where that information is stored. The system doesn't seem automated like the audio tagging but I think your stream will be flagged for review if it gets popular enough.

But there is no place to look this up, it's all based on posts on social media from people that share aspects of the Embargo.

1337Sauce

As a rule of tumb on Twitch you should always wait until the official launch of a game, because they match the game you're playing to their internal database where that information is stored. The system doesn't seem automated like the audio tagging but I think your stream will be flagged for review if it gets popular enough.

But there is no place to look this up, it's all based on posts on social media from people that share aspects of the Embargo.

Weird, I was streaming Forza Horizon 2 all weekend and was never flagged. I'm sure if I email twitch on a game to game basis I would get the answer. Hopefully I can stream Alien: Isolation on Friday when the embargo ends.

...and it's gone :panicbasket:
Lol damn, I saw other people streaming so I thought it would be fine, but I guess by posting mine here it got too popular and they noticed? idk.
What is you impression about framerate on PS4?

It seems really smooth, no complaints.

Idk if its just me, but moving talion is a bit awkward sometimes and unless I'm missing something I didn't see any form of lock on option

Bought this on PS4 with my US account but apparently, I won't be able to play it on US release with my EU account, will I?
When I switch to my EU account, the clock moves to 3 days from now.

Edit: that VRAM GIF is amazing.

I probably won't replace my 560Ti until the GPU market has moved on a bit, and use PS4 as a stopgap in the meantime, but damn is it nice to see games going all out on PC.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Weird, I was streaming Forza Horizon 2 all weekend and was never flagged. I'm sure if I email twitch on a game to game basis I would get the answer. Hopefully I can stream Alien: Isolation on Friday when the embargo ends.
Maybe it's depending on publisher or per game after all. Forza Horizon 2 is not story driven the same way a Alien or Shadow of Mordor is where they want to protect things for a little while.

Top Bottom