• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor |OT| One Title to rule them all

Levyne

Banned
Is there a bonus content for preorder?

q3mib4j.png

(Just quoting the image because it's easier than retyping it, not to be snarky or anything)

Patroclos

Banned
framerate and resolution don't make a game good. But it sure make it play better
Isn't last year game of the year a corridor 24 fps at 720p "all jaggies" version (no AA) ?

most of the consmmers don't care...most of those who want the info are more "brand evangelist" who need it to feed their agenda
And if you are really in need of good framerate/resolution an opt for multiple support why not include the one where you can tweak games ? if you play a lot it surrely won't cost more than playing elsewhere

Narnûlubat, the severed hand - Uruk of Mordor

Game quality is not related to either FR or Res. I agree. Your point in bold has been proven false, though. It's obvious consumers have the desire to know. My contention is that consumers are entitled to know. I understand the console warriors love this info but as an owner of both consoles it is quite relevant to me and I would assume many enthusiasts here. Should we keep it a secret just to hold off the console wars for a few days? The info always comes out and leaves both the dev and the publisher looking shady when in reality the blame may belong to only one of them. Why not be forthcoming and honest, it seems like it worked just fine for Kojima?

As far as playing on PC, it just doesn't fit my life. I'm not PC savvy, only mac. Past PC gaming experiences have been disheartening, constant driver updates, updating cards, viruses. It's way to time intensive and the time investment is too much for me. I want to spend all gaming time gaming. I do however admit to being jealous of the PC master race. It's just not my cup of tea. I'm a savage. lol.

xBladeM6x

God I'm so hyped. Watched all three LotR extended edtions this weekend, and Desolation of Smaugh just now.

Just one more day of work and then it's on. Gonna hunt me some Orcs!

I love GAF. I literally I'm doing the same thing right now. I'm on Return of the King. Extended editions are 2gud.

martino

I'm having difficulty parsing the question....the "Legion Edition" is the PS4 (and PS3, maybe?) version with two extra little missions.

image says season pass and preorder bonus but nothing is listed for season pass or i misread something.

So does it means season pass include all bonuses in this list ?

Corpekata

Banned
I'd disagree that basic consumers don't care about FPS or resolution. They might not know how to articulate it, but they still notice it. It's not by chance that Call of Duty has maintained high frame rates. People notice.

RCSI

Welp, my pre-order quota (I generally pre-order 1 game per year) has been fulfilled for this year. Now for the wait, which will be easy.

SJRB

Gold Member
I love GAF. I literally I'm doing the same thing right now. I'm on Return of the King. Extended editions are 2gud.

I've watched the regular versions many times but I'd never seen the extended versions before, I was quite surprised at how little "filler" there was. The movies were insanely long, but never felt like a drag. Some of the "new" scenes were actually pretty crucial for the overall plot, I don't understand how some of it got cut [the Boromir/Faramir stuff, and Gandalf vs. Witch King most noticably].

I really enjoyed it.

martino

Your point in bold has been proven false, though.

Can you prove that .

It's obvious consumers have the desire to know.
Again based on what ? this :
as an owner of both consoles it is quite relevant to me and I would assume many enthusiasts here.
is surely not most of the consumers.

Magic of the internet is people with same interest can gather. wrong side is they feel far more numerous in the mass market than they really are

jim2011

Agree with others in that I am not even sure how true the "unlocked 60fps" is in the PS4 version. No professional review I have read has mentioned anything about the framerate being 60fps. Anyone got sources?

I'm going to spam this thread with screenshots once it unlocks. This is definitely a game I'm going to take my time with and try to see (and snap screenshots of) everything.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Sigh, I keep doing this to myself and ordering from GMG knowing full well I won't have the game come launch because they are terrible with key output. So annoying yet I can't say no to $37 compared to our ridiculous $89 price tag at EB.

How have they not bothered to fix this problem yet? Especially with games becoming so much larger in size, having a chance to download it early really helps.

Top Bottom