• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor |OT| One Title to rule them all

Buburibon

Any idea when GMG is supposed to be sending out their keys?

I just bought this on there, and I haven't received my key yet and I know sometimes they are late I was just hoping to get a key so I could preload the 35+ gigs of data.

Man, I hope this runs good on my 580.

One key site said that WB aren't allowing keys to be given out until very close to release time (which is stupid since what difference does it make).

GMG was supposed to begin delivering keys about one hour ago, but apparently the rumor about WB not wanting/allowing keys to be sent out until a couple hours before release might turn out to be true.

PC 6PM tomorrow

Gs3Dwpl.gif

Was expecting tonight at midnight

JAYSIMPLE

Banned
You know what hilarious about all of this. No one can actually tell what the res or framerate is. Everyone is asking in streams etc but no one knows. No one streaming knows fir certain if it's under 1080p or 60fps. If that doesn't mean anything I don't know what does

martino

You know what hilarious about all of this. No one can actually tell what the res or framerate is. Everyone is asking in streams etc but no one knows. No one streaming knows fir certain if it's under 1080p or 60fps. If that doesn't mean anything I don't know what does

Knowing improve the eyes !

Probably most people do not care at what frame rate or resolution it runs.

Due to 30fps capped steams/videos and video compression.

fedexpeon

Banned
Ive put about 6 hours in, half done main missions
Its a well made and fun game. Excellent combat, good music and interestig open world. The problem is there isnt much to do besides engaging in combat. At least with AC there is town exploring, platforming etc. dont get me wrong, the combat and story here destroy AC but thats all there is...

That is good news.
Town exploring, platforming around towns, and collecting stupid crap are the worst in AC since they are just padding stuff for no good reason but to delay you.

Shin-Ra

Does no-one speak to their Kinect any more? I remember when that was a frequent reason for buying the Xbone version of a multiplat that performs better on PS4.

It's not Silly. I play my multi-plats on Xbox One because Suspend/Resume and the OS. It's also a big deal on Sundays to be able to snap the NFL app. The resolution differences are neglible to me.

That being said, if it were only 720p on X1 that would be a much more significant difference than I'm used to. And would be slightly concerning. I just hope it isn't true.

I'm also someone who doesn't Care about the performance differences and just prefers using the xb1 controller, achievements, and the OS however after the noticeable differences between copies of CoD: Ghosts I draw the line when the difference is massive like it was there or when there is ridiculous screen tearing like sniper. I can wait till the digital foundry review comes out but this is really annoying that they can't just tell us so I can preorder now and play it tonight and recieve the useless preorder bonus

GMG was supposed to begin delivering keys about one hour ago, but apparently the rumor about WB not wanting/allowing keys to be sent out until a couple hours before release might turn out to be true.

Fuck.

I hate that shit, it's going to take me like....3 or 4 hours on my 30MBit connection. :(

I really hope they start sending out keys so I can preload.

Patroclos

Banned
I was just taken aback seeing your post in here after I've just finished addressing your post in the other thread.

I'm not trying to shit on this game. I think they did a lot of stuff right when it comes to debuting and pre-release footage so this is YouTube brand deal stuff seems very out of character.
To me this is not about Monolith or this specific game, as based on the reviews if you think Assassin's Creed or Batman is alright you will probably think this is alright.
It's about Warner Bros and the future of games coverage. (Think BF at launch and how brand deals mislead customers about the quality of the experience.)

Agreed. I never took anything you said as shitting on the game. Honestly, you have made me reconsider and rethink. I may have just been starting to just accept the viewpoint that "well this is how they do it" and that is a slippery slope to tread. It's better to be an agent for positive change rather than to accept a flawed system without scrutinizing it.

Special C

Does no-one speak to their Kinect any more? I remember when that was a frequent reason for buying the Xbone version of a multiplat that performs better on PS4.

Kinect is a big reason I like the Xbox OS better, but not the only reason. Probably not even the main reason.

But to stay on Topic if the gap for this game is as bad as some are claiming, I may end up regretting my platform choice for this one.

Kssio_Aug

I'm also someone who doesn't Care about the performance differences and just prefers using the xb1 controller, achievements, and the OS however after the noticeable differences between copies of CoD: Ghosts I draw the line when the difference is massive like it was there or when there is ridiculous screen tearing like sniper. I can wait till the digital foundry review comes out but this is really annoying that they can't just tell us so I can preorder now and play it tonight and recieve the useless preorder bonus

That makes one more, cause I am on the same boat.
If it is 720/30 vs 1080/60 the disparity is way too big, so I may take the PS4 version, if the XB1 version gets the 60fps treatment, even on 720p resolution I may get it there. If its 900p/60 then Im sure thats gonna be XB1 here again.

So, Im waiting for DF to decide!

UrokeJoe

This streamer hitbox.tv/kayesquetv is saying that Xbone version is 900p/30fps

and this is the guy that started the 720p rumor as well I think. I heard him say it and then it get repeated yesterday all over. He didn't say it as fact either, but as a guess...

Now here we are. crazy.

Can someone give me a bit of context as to how certain sellers (here on neogaf and elsewhere) are able to sell the PC standard/premium edition of this game at nearly half the price? It seems to be related to selling prices elsewhere in the world but I don't quite get how the difference is so large.

Is there any risk to this? I see there's plenty of successful buyers but wondering if there's ever a chance of the key being revoked or anything like that?

Looking to jump on this but just wanted to get a bit more information.

Thanks!

No. Advertising isn't free which is basically why it's like they're buying ad space with an early copy of the game. It's strange and kind of ridiculous.

If streamers are willing to accept a copy of the game instead of money, then whatever. If they're demanding positive impressions or high review scores then we have a problem. But ad space? Who cares if they got straight cash or game access for it?

Jira

Can someone give me a bit of context as to how certain sellers (here on neogaf and elsewhere) are able to sell the PC standard/premium edition of this game at nearly half the price? It seems to be related to selling prices elsewhere in the world but I don't quite get how the difference is so large.

Is there any risk to this? I see there's plenty of successful buyers but wondering if there's ever a chance of the key being revoked or anything like that?

Looking to jump on this but just wanted to get a bit more information.

Thanks!

The most reputable site is GreenManGaming @ $37, Nuuvem is a Brazilian site that you can get it for $30 (I don't personally trust it but I've never seen anyone say anything bad about it, and finally you have Russian key sites for $26 I think? With those I absolutely would not trust them with my CC info.

Jesus Christ my Orc name is Thagûrz, the thirsty - Uruk of Mordor, it's sad that my name IRL translates to the thirstiest Uruk in Mordor.

It's like real life. :(

hawk2025

It doesn't mean anything.

Anyways, c'moooon GMG!

Patroclos

Banned

Hiding info like Fps/Resolution, is becoming a real story for me. This is basic info about the product. They used to put it on the box, not even sure if they still do. The fact that devs and publishers are being disingenuous or not answering these questions troubles me. It also troubles me that the games media do not hold their feet to the fire, so to speak, and demand these relevant facts.

If they are not given why not make it a point in your coverage that said developer or publisher would not answer these questions regarding whichever version? Why are you publishing reviews of these games without providing the info in the review? Is SoM still a 9.5 if it is 720/30 fps? How about 900/30fps? There is NO consistency and it is abundantly clear that consumers want the info. This is the real info I want to make a purchasing decision as an owner of both systems, it should be mandatory review protocol.

Raven77

How are there still so many questions about the following when we have so many reviews out there? (I can't read any, work blocks them).

Do the reviews really not mention:

- Collectibles / things to find in the game world
- Variety of environments
- Quality of the story
- Quality and variety of the missions

Can anyone that's played the game a decent amount comment on any of this? I plan to read through the reviews later once i'm able to. It just seems odd to me that there are so many questions still about these things when we seem to have lots of full reviews out there.

Patroclos

Banned
and this is the guy that started the 720p rumor as well I think. I heard him say it and then it get repeated yesterday all over. He didn't say it as fact either, but as a guess...

Now here we are. crazy.

Any rumors regarding FPS and resolution are the direct fault of either the publisher or the developer. They should be required to present the info to the consumer. If they are not, they are the problem. Not Joe Schmo trying to determine the info on his own because disingenuous parties will not provide it.

martino

Is SoM still a 9.5 if it is 720/30 fps? How about 900/30fps? There is NO consistency and it is abundantly clear that consumers want the info. This is the real info I want to make a purchasing decision as an owner of both systems, it should be mandatory review protocol.

framerate and resolution don't make a game good. But it sure make it play better
Isn't last year game of the year a corridor 24 fps at 720p "all jaggies" version (no AA) ?

most of the consmmers don't care...most of those who want the info are more "brand evangelist" who need it to feed their agenda
And if you are really in need of good framerate/resolution an opt for multiple support why not include the one where you can tweak games ? if you play a lot it surrely won't cost more than playing elsewhere

Narnûlubat, the severed hand - Uruk of Mordor

UrokeJoe

Any rumors regarding FPS and resolution are the direct fault of either the publisher or the developer. They should be required to present the info to the consumer. If they are not, they are the problem. Not Joe Schmo trying to determine the info on his own because disingenuous parties will not provide it.

I agree. I'm just saying this guy said something he had no idea about. He even said as much and asked what people thought it looked like. It's not his fault.

You're lucky. Thanks to my crummy up-to-8MBit connection I won't be playing it until October!

Eh, my connection speed is pretty temperamental but the other option in the area is pretty lackluster.

I get up 30mbit, and my usual download speed is around 1.5 mb/sec sometimes a little higher.

Fucking Comcast.

EDIT: Lol, it's only 1:25pm here in Colorado, USA for all you international people.

Top Bottom