• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor |OT| One Title to rule them all

xBladeM6x

So it looks my my 780 should be able to run most everything max (and average 60) except the ultra textures, good enough for me.

This will be basically everyone who doesn't have a Titan. In this case you'll be in the 99.999999999999999991 percentile of people.

Including me. :3

addyb

Grrr I have to wait til Thursday. It's dragging already. I can't watch anymore footage as its just a tease. Getting bored of Destiny so fifa will have to pull me through.

Sweet looks like we'll get to preload tonight at some point afterall!

Now the wait for the key.

myfacewhilewaitingforittoload_97763284cc024193ded2f45d572c0e98.jpg

Patroclos

Banned
Sony needs to get on that 12AM EST unlock time.

Where is Monolith based? Somebody told me the release coincides with Midnight in the devs timezone. Probably bullshit but it was true for both Diablo and Destiny on PSN, that is when I started paying attention. They were both 3am EST releases.

Oh, Tomb Raider also does that, but the Tomb Raider benchmark is pretty useless anyway. The actual game is much more demanding.
Still, one drop to 55 in a short clip would be enough for GAF to call a game "not 60fps" if it happened in a console game despite games that GAF had no problem calling 60fps like MGS2 on PS2 dipping much worse and more often.

A lot of people on GAF say a lot of really stupid things. The obsession with the idea of a 60fps target being a binding contract and if you drop even one frame you've violated it is one of these things. At any rate, brief dips to 55 are laughed at by my G-sync monitor.

knitoe

Want my GMG key which I ordered on 7/02/14. On their website, the order is listed complete, but no key. Today, I also ordered the season pass and got the key already.

antitrop

Where is Monolith based? Somebody told me the release coincides with Midnight in the devs timezone. Probably bullshit but it was true for both Diablo and Destiny on PSN, that is when I started paying attention. They were both 3am EST releases.

Washington state.

Loxley

Washington

Tahnit

Banned
Would like to buy it but after watch dogs im not quite sure if my i7 920 is going to cut it anymore. Its oced to 3.6 but I may just end up getting this on ps4.

Going to wait till i hear some performance reviews. Which sucks cause that deal on GMG is going to be over by then.

A lot of people on GAF say a lot of really stupid things. The obsession with the idea of a 60fps target being a binding contract and if you drop even one frame you've violated it is one of these things. At any rate, brief dips to 55 are laughed at by my G-sync monitor.

Which one do you have? Is g-sync as glorious as I like to imagine it is?? :3

(My all-time biggest peeve is judder/stutter caused by an unsteady framerate.)

Patroclos

Banned
Someone is streaming this on PS4. Reminds me of AC: LotR edition so I'll probably pass on it.

I'm not a fan of AC. I had the same concerns but do some research on the Nemesis system before you dismiss it so cavalierly. Combat looks to be better than that series as well.

Krakn3Dfx

Would like to buy it but after watch dogs im not quite sure if my i7 920 is going to cut it anymore. Its oced to 3.6 but I may just end up getting this on ps4.

Going to wait till i hear some performance reviews. Which sucks cause that deal on GMG is going to be over by then.

Still running an OG i7 920 @ 3.9GHz here, runs Watch Dogs great with a GTX 970, but it ran like ass for me on my old 2GB GTX 770, so the CPU is still fine.

Watch Dogs isn't a good indication of performance for any system IMO.

It's Happening you guys!

tzo1AVS.gif

8FxIj.gif

What are the odds that like Wal-Mart will have this around/after midnight? I hadn't been following this game at all and then all the good buzz/reviews came out of nowhere and I'm insanely hyped, especially after the disappointment that was Destiny. The best part is since I haven't been following the game (which didn't appear to have the same hype cycle as most games) which means I have zero expectations. I love games that sell on word of mouth alone. Games like those usually ended up in my GOTY lists.

dcassell

Banned
Nuuvem states that we will be able to redeem their keys at 10 am CEST, which is 1 am Pacific time. Any truth to that statement?

What are the odds that like Wal-Mart will have this around/after midnight? I hadn't been following this game at all and then all the good buzz/reviews came out of nowhere and I'm insanely hyped, especially after the disappointment that was Destiny. The best part is since I haven't been following the game (which didn't appear to have the same hype cycle as most games) which means I have zero expectations. I love games that sell on word of mouth alone. Games like those usually ended up in my GOTY lists.

Is your walmart a 24 hour store? They will have it at midnight if so. I usually go to the one by me that is 24 hours for most games that gamestop doesnt do a midnight launch for

Tahnit

Banned
Still running an OG i7 920 @ 3.9GHz here, runs Watch Dogs great with a GTX 970, but it ran like ass for me on my old 2GB GTX 770, so the CPU is still fine.

Watch Dogs isn't a good indication of performance for any system IMO.

Yeah I gave up trying to play the game. Waste of $60. I have a gtx 770 4gb so im hoping it will be enough.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.

The Walmarts around me are open 24 hours but never, ever sell new games until the morning shift comes in.

Krakn3Dfx

Yeah I gave up trying to play the game. Waste of $60. I have a gtx 770 4gb so im hoping it will be enough.

They've actually patched it quite a bit, if you still have it installed, you might update to the latest Nvidia drivers and fire it up on UPlay. I actually downsampled it to 3840x2160 and even with The Worse mod installed, I'm getting a solid 30fps during gameplay.

On a 2GB card, it's still rubbish tho IMO.

Which one do you have? Is g-sync as glorious as I like to imagine it is?? :3

(My all-time biggest peeve is judder/stutter caused by an unsteady framerate.)

It's glorious in the sense that there's no judder/stutter! Although I haven't done extensive testing on it yet.

It's the AoC 1080p G-sync monitor. Forgot the model number but there's only one so it shouldn't be hard to find.

Q8D3vil

fuck still no gmg key for me, with 3 mb download speed (370 kb per second) i need to dedicate my internet to dowload in the next 48 hours.
FML

Top Bottom