• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor |OT| One Title to rule them all

HowZatOZ

Banned
Download faster!

f120017e7f.png

I hope in a couple years we look back to days like these and say "what were they thinking 12:01am PST"?

I mean, think that now too, but imagine it with less hurt.

Question regarding the Legion Edition bonuses: are they already part of download/install file, or will there be an additional download pushed out once the game unlocks?

Cheers, Gaf.

VanWinkle

Question regarding the Legion Edition bonuses: are they already part of download/install file, or will there be an additional download pushed out once the game unlocks?

Cheers, Gaf.

That's what I was wondering. I don't recall anybody who has played the game mention those.

I hopped back in here to say, the unpacking process is going to be a nightmare come release. With such a huge filesize it will probably take an hour.

Think the Season Pass story missions will be large enough to warrant achievements/trophies? Expansion-style content, I mean. Like Dishonored's Witches DLC, or something like that.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Is that your max speed? Mine is maxing out at 8.2MB/s which is my max internet speed. Estimated time is 1hr.

Downloading at work and usually speeds have gone far higher, might try a closer server. I think we have at the very least NBN speeds here, can't quite remember.

Randdalf

I hopped back in here to say, the unpacking process is going to be a nightmare come release. With such a huge filesize it will probably take an hour.

Yeah I will probably wait until the game comes out before downloading, because I can likely download it faster than I can decrypt the files. Pre-loading only really benefits people whose download time is significantly more than the decryption time.

okay i have a friend bothering me over steam chat whether he's going to be able to run it and i dont want to tell him he can and have him buy it

GeForce GTX 555 is what he has

thoughts?

he doesnt care about textures or anything just as long as it doesnt explode his computer

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Oh shit, if it unlocks at midnight, I might have to work from home tomorrow....
5df3cd96dcae3aa7476a7217d53ec83a.jpg

Andy Salisbury ‏@asalisbury 1m1 minute ago

@ChromeAndroid It *should* get updated on Steam's side soon. But, that's the latest info I've heard.
Andy Salisbury @asalisbury · 1m 1 minute ago

@forallthesin666 That's the latest info I have, and I trust it. Steam's side just might need to be updated still!

I hope it's true. PLEASE

My game shipped! I'm freaking excited I tell you, a well made LOTR game? Honestly I don't even know anything about the game and that has me even more hyped.

Gaz_RB

I hope it comes out at midnight for people getting it on Steam! I can't take that chance though haha. 5 more hours for PSN!

Damn this game is awesome. Animation and combat are awesome.

Graphics are a mixed bag. Some times it looks great sometimes not so much. Some awesome looking mud though and lots of enemies on screen.

Top Bottom