• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor |OT| One Title to rule them all

Did we ever get a clear answer as to whether or not the Playstation Legion missions were exclusive to PSN downloads or if retailer buyers also got them?

I'm pretty sure both copies come with it, I think someone posted a picture of the PS4 retail copy earlier in the thread with a sticker on it that talks about the Legion missions.

UnrealEck

Would like to buy it but after watch dogs im not quite sure if my i7 920 is going to cut it anymore. Its oced to 3.6 but I may just end up getting this on ps4.

Going to wait till i hear some performance reviews. Which sucks cause that deal on GMG is going to be over by then.

I've yet to see a game fully utilise an i7 920 at 3.8GHz.
Crysis 3 comes closest but there's still a good bit of room. Maybe with more than one GPU it might have to pull more weight.

Is there a way to get the Xbone version cheaper, and preferably digitally? I know there's a way to get it for 33 USD for PC version, but couldn't find any xbone pre-order deals. It's the full $60 on the Xbox store..

Still running an OG i7 920 @ 3.9GHz here, runs Watch Dogs great with a GTX 970, but it ran like ass for me on my old 2GB GTX 770, so the CPU is still fine.

Watch Dogs isn't a good indication of performance for any system IMO.

8FxIj.gif

Hah, don't worry surely you will get the Shadows of Mordor.

tiCLOGj.gif

Don't make me send you to Jelly School, M'kay? M'kay.

Still running an OG i7 920 @ 3.9GHz here, runs Watch Dogs great with a GTX 970, but it ran like ass for me on my old 2GB GTX 770, so the CPU is still fine.

Watch Dogs isn't a good indication of performance for any system IMO.

8FxIj.gif

I fucking adore the i7-920. It was the first major CPU I bought(Over 6 years ago now) when I decided to start my first PC build. It overclocks so well. So damn well. That thing lasted the entire time I had it at 4Ghz. I upgraded to an i7-4770k and it sat in a closet and my wife asked me to build her a PC. Cleaned off the ol' 920 and sure enough, still working. It's been in my wife's PC for 7 mos. now coupled with a GTX 680 and it still runs everything she plays maxed out. I adore that damn processor. Great great great hardware.

I fucking adore the i7-920. It was the first major CPU I bought(Over 6 years ago now) when I decided to start my first PC build. It overclocks so well. So damn well. That thing lasted the entire time I had it at 4Ghz. I upgraded to an i7-4770k and it sat in a closet and my wife asked me to build her a PC. Cleaned off the ol' 920 and sure enough, still working. It's been in my wife's PC for 7 mos. now coupled with a GTX 680 and it still runs everything she plays maxed out. I adore that damn processor. Great great great hardware.

Nehelem the godlike boss of CPUs, only outdone by the core i5 2500k series CPUs.

I love the 2500k, such an amazing processor and mine OC'd to 4.5 ghz on AIR no less.

It's glorious in the sense that there's no judder/stutter! Although I haven't done extensive testing on it yet.

It's the AoC 1080p G-sync monitor. Forgot the model number but there's only one so it shouldn't be hard to find.

Oh man, I almost made a purchase on that one earlier today! (Microcenter?) But, I had a tough time finding much consumer feedback, so decided to exercise some self restraint. Now I'm reconsidering. Haha

Erban1

I'm hype enough that I'm going to stay up until this unlocks at 1:45 just to get at least 45 minutes in tonight. I'll be sure to hate myself when it's time to get up for work, but DAMN if this doesn't look like one hell of a reason to miss out on sleep.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Nehelem the godlike boss of CPUs, only outdone by the core i5 2500k series CPUs.

I love the 2500k, such an amazing processor and mine OC'd to 4.5 ghz on AIR no less.

To be fair, only reason these cpu still play everything is everything after that has sucked. There hasn't been any major tech since the 4 core cpu's. 20 years ago if your pc was 6 months old it was a relic... how times have changed!

Gaz_RB

I'm hype enough that I'm going to stay up until this unlocks at 1:45 just to get at least 45 minutes in tonight. I'll be sure to hate myself when it's time to get up for work, but DAMN if this doesn't look like one hell of a reason to miss out on sleep.

Wait so it unlocks at 1:45 on PSN?

SeanR1221

What are the odds that like Wal-Mart will have this around/after midnight? I hadn't been following this game at all and then all the good buzz/reviews came out of nowhere and I'm insanely hyped, especially after the disappointment that was Destiny. The best part is since I haven't been following the game (which didn't appear to have the same hype cycle as most games) which means I have zero expectations. I love games that sell on word of mouth alone. Games like those usually ended up in my GOTY lists.

I'm in the same boat. I literally know nothing about this game. But all the positive word of mouth had me pre order at best buy tonight

Oh man, I almost made a purchase on that one earlier today! (Microcenter?) But, I had a tough time finding much consumer feedback, so decided to exercise some self restraint. Now I'm reconsidering. Haha

Colours and stuff are comparable to my last monitor, which was some random ASUS one that I bought 3 years ago for a couple hundred bucks. Nothing stunning. G-sync aspect works fine though. The only reviews I could find basically said "it's a decent monitor, with G-sync." And I'm fine with that.

Gaz_RB

ChawlieTheFair

pip pip cheerio you slags!
No Ultra textures yet, only need 3 for high

Dat min 41 doe...

Damn, looks like it's gonna be medium/high mix to maintain the 60.

Edit: Noticed in the video that the user immediately had a 41 min despite the demo just starting, but stayed above 60 the rest of the way. So more than likely just a loading in stutter that a lot of benchmarks have that completely fuck the average.

Gaz_RB

I wouldn't. Steam timer is extremely unreliable.

Fact is, the unlock can be pushed through the database at any moment.

Yeah I know, but my hierarchy of trust goes as such:

>Gaben
>
>
>Steam timer
>
>
>
>Community Manager, especially when he says check the steam page for more info.

Top Bottom