• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor |OT| One Title to rule them all

BouncyFrag

Love that Gandalf laughing pic. He's just straight up happy. I bet that day he was bored and was like 'fuck it, I'm going to that party in Hobbiton' and off he went.

AndyD

aka andydumi
So do we know how significant these various Warband missions are? Like the PS exclusive ones, the season pass one and so forth? Are we looking at just another "tribe/boss" in the world?

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
The wonders of the limited budget and CGI studio that was just formed for this film.

Weta Digital was started to make Heavenly Creatures, which came out in 1994. Then they expanded and brought in US talent for The Frighteners.

DieH@rd

Banned
Weta Digital was started to make Heavenly Creatures, which came out in 1994. Then they expanded and brought in US talent for The Frighteners.

Heh, I forgot about The Frighteners. Reaper in that film was very well done for that time.

Patroclos

Banned
Can you prove that .

Again based on what ? this : is surely not most of the consumers.

Magic of the internet is people with same interest can gather. wrong side is they feel far more numerous in the mass market than they really are

I think that consumers have made their voices heard. It is pretty evident, otherwise we would not have Digital Foundry. Have you not heard uproar after uproar over FPS and Resolution from site after site and on forum after forum? Have you not heard friends and other people talk about it irl? It has certainly been a heavily discussed topic all across the entire game industry since the new consoles launched, it's a bit disingenuous for you to imply I am some sort of statistical outlier for wanting info which was readily available before current gen.

Are you arguing that we should not have access to the info before release? If so, in god's name, for what reason? I find it strange that the info was right there on the box before this gen.

I get your point about the internet, and agree, but I think consumers have shown themselves to be far more discerning and savvy than you give them credit for, I also feel people have made it pretty clear they want the info.

For anyone who is tasked for creating PC Performance Thread for this game... I made something for you. :D Put it in that OP.

invqzz.gif

hahaha I was thinking of making one. If I do, will use this!

Decided I'm gonna pick this up tomorrow. I was thinking I'd wait for a price drop or get it used in a few weeks to save a bit of money, but I decided I'd rather spend a little more and know that I'm supporting the devs in this case. This still feels like an underdog game to me so I hope it does well enough to encourage even more innovation from Monolith.

If you do that then everyone wants to use a VPN to unlock the game earlier than noon in their own time zone.

Damned if you do....

That's true, ended up pre-ordering on PSN cause of the Dark Ranger skin, I know it's offered everywhere, but I couldn't get out to a store today to do so. I'll be up at 3 am regardless so I can probably get an hour in tonight.

Dammit!

You guys that have the game are too freaking quiet!! Talk!!! Tell us about the game!! Sheesh! We need more interaction from peeps who are playing it.. :(

If this doesn't live up to expectations I will write a very stern letter to each and every single one of you for phunking with my heart.

No no no no, don't phunk with my heart GAF

OraleeWey

Gamestop is doing a midnight launch. I could pick it up on my way home from work but I don't know if I should bite. I'm still a level 10 on Destiny and I don't want any more backlog. If I wait I'll get it cheaper too... I just don't know.

Grief.exe

I might have work off tomorrow, which would work out perfectly for this release.

Should just request November 4th off for Binding of Isaac.

Nuuvem just posted this:

Unfortunately, Warner Games and Steam have set an agreement which grant exclusivity of preload only for purchases made on Steam Store. Other retailers, including Nuuvem, are out of this exclusivity.

So, there you go. GG Warner.

Calcium

Banned
I'm really looking forward to this after reading a few reviews. I probably won't be able to sit down with it until Wednesday or Thursday so I'll just be looking at GAF impressions until then.

HowZatOZ

Banned

Whelp that pretty much confirms my suspicions with my GTX 770 4GB. Might get a second one thanks to 900 series pushing price down, but I think I'll be set for another year at the very least.

Nuuvem just posted this:

So, there you go. GG Warner.

Wait a minute, GMG have been lambasting ever since pre-orders came up that we'd get the Dark Ranger items. What the actual fuck. I'm an idiot, ignore me.

Evo X

That puts some of my performance concerns to rest, but I'm assuming the texture pack isn't installed there. And I'm curious to see how my 780 Ti with a puny 3GBs will fair.

Textures were on Ultra in the video, which means he actually did have the texture pack installed. If you don't have it, it only lets you go to High.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Wait a minute, GMG have been lambasting ever since pre-orders came up that we'd get the Dark Ranger items. What the actual fuck.
That statement only talks about pre-load exclusivity. You still pre-ordered on GMG. (Pre-order being defined as ordering a game before release.)

HowZatOZ

Banned
Oh also the unlock date is stupid. Says on Steam it will unlock September 30th, but in actual fact it will unlock October 1st. So stupid.

Patroclos

Banned
WB really screwing the pooch all over the place on this one.

Agreed. They are fast becoming one of the main offenders for shitty industry practices. Tons of average to crap DLC, skin after skin after skin for every single retailer. Fuck they even had a skin for Batman in Nos energy drink. I'm specifically thinking Arkham games and Injustice, here btw. I am reaching the point where I will no longer be buying from them day 1. Used only for me now. I preordered this one but I will exercise better impulse control in the future (nothing against Monolith or the game, I am stoked for it). The underhanded way they are dealing with the XB1 version is my personal last straw.

Smidget

Agreed. They are fast becoming one of the main offenders for shitty industry practices. Tons of average to crap DLC, skin after skin after skin for every single retailer. Fuck they even had a skin for Batman in Nos energy drink. I'm specifically thinking Arkham games and Injustice, here btw. I am reaching the point where I will no longer be buying from them day 1. Used only for me now. I preordered this one but I will exercise better impulse control in the future (nothing against Monolith or the game, I am stoked for it). The underhanded way they are dealing with the XB1 version is my personal last straw.

I can't believe we still don't have solid XB1 info :/

Top Bottom