• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor |OT| One Title to rule them all

MattyG

Banned
All you guys with your amazing download speeds, I'm just sitting here struggling to maintain 1.0+mb/s. Hopefully it'll be done by unlock time tomorrow *fingers crossed*

I might drag my PC downstairs and plug it into my router for an hour or so now that I think of it. It'd probably get finished in that timeframe.

Shadow of Mordor - "Making Of" Episode 1 – Monolith Productions | PS4, PS3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arrXMw59g9c&list=UU-2Y8dQb0S6DtpxNgAKoJKA

Why is the controller blured out at the 2:51 mark?

EDIT: Pic of xrated controller
HKx8SXv.jpg

Xbox One stream going on right now:

http://www.twitch.tv/xxlobesxx

Just went down

Corpekata

Banned
Third part controller or maybe even an xbox one? Doesn't appear to have the light bar (at least on) so it's probably not a PS4 controller at least, and seems doubtful they'd be playing the PS3 version given how little press the last gen version have gotten.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Really curious what this runs at on Xbox One. I have a bunch of XBL money from that gamestop promo over the summer and I want this. If it runs significantly worse, I'll just go PS4.

VanWinkle

Man, I have to give major props to Michael de Plater. That dude put in some serious work with this game. Showed up at practically every stream the few months leading up to launch answering questions and showing off the game for hours at a time, always seeming passionate.

Other than it runs at 720p and 30FPS? I don't think anybody knows much other than that.

We don't know that either. I'd say that's very unlikely, to be honest. I know we've heard that from a couple of random people but it's nothing official or from people known to be reputable in this stuff.

Just wait another two hours for when the game is officially out.

Seems odd, I've streamed a number of games early before (watch dogs, dark souls 2, etc) and there was no punishment. Those streams had 700-1k viewers as well. And only a day before, never earlier than that, maybe their policy changed or something.

i put my ps4 in standby so it can download the rest of the game while i sleep. see you guys tomorrow. hope no one beats it by the time i wake up... lol.

because the making of isn't platform specific. you'll see it on the official site i'm sure even with blur.

This games been in development for a few years, could have been filmed prior to the reveal of the consoles so they were blurred due to (at the time of filming) they were still under NDA

Just a thought.

These seem like realistic reasons.

OR They could be laughing at the XB1 performance :(

VanWinkle

Anybody with a capture card getting the digital XB1 version? Hoping we can see some direct feed screenshots of it tonight to get a better glimpse at resolution/clarity.

Hate that there's no screenshot functionality on XB1 yet. It's my most used new feature of my PS4. I always miss it when I'm on my XB1.

Been sitting on the xbox one preorder page for several hours and cant pull the trigger. I want to know for sure what the Hell I am even buying. It is insane that they wont give out details within 5 hours till launch. I normally dont care at all, but if this supposed gap is as big as I have heard, that is inexcusable. But then again, that might be why they arent saying anything.

I want the preorder edition, but I dont want to buy it without knowing anything; which I will assume comes out after the preorder edition is gone

Spineker

Banned
So has the situation with the PSN unlock been clarified by anyone? I would like to play this on my primary account if at all possible but it still says the game is 3 days from unlocking, whereas my US account says 4 hours.

Don't seriously tell me I'll be able to play the game in 4 hours, just not on my primary account. How stupid is that

VanWinkle

Been sitting on the xbox one preorder page for several hours and cant pull the trigger. I want to know for sure what the Hell I am even buying. It is insane that they wont give out details within 5 hours till launch. I normally dont care at all, but if this supposed gap is as big as I have heard, that is inexcusable. But then again, that might be why they arent saying anything.

I want the preorder edition, but I dont want to buy it without knowing anything; which I will assume comes out after the preorder edition is gone

I'd hate to be in a situation where I couldn't pick between multiple versions for whichever one is best. I feel for you bro. I wouldn't pull the trigger on it yet, either, if the XB1 version was my only option. Wish they would just tell us what the res and framerate is. It's not like it's not set in stone, yet.

So I just watched a video and it seems if you change to the Dark Ranger skin, it doesn't show up in cutscenes, just shows Talion is his original skin.

Yeah, the big story cutscenes are prerendered.

Hawk269

I am in the same exact position. I want the preorder bonuses but if the performance gap is 1080/60 vs. 720/30 then I would be pissed.

I was in the same position. Couldn't deal with the stress so I copped the PC version ($35/Season Pass included)lol

Pavillion

I am in the same exact position. I want the preorder bonuses but if the performance gap is 1080/60 vs. 720/30 then I would be pissed.

seriously... I don't understand. If its bad news just get it out of the way so people know what their buying instead of them getting pissed when they have to find out themselves, or it's to late.

Edit: Didn't mean to quote anyone.

So excited for this game, can't wait to play it after work! Hope the SLI profile releases quickly for it.

-Shakh, the master - Uruk of Mordor

Spineker

Banned
So has the situation with the PSN unlock been clarified by anyone? I would like to play this on my primary account if at all possible but it still says the game is 3 days from unlocking, whereas my US account says 4 hours.

Don't seriously tell me I'll be able to play the game in 4 hours, just not on my primary account. How stupid is that

Anyone? I've read that it's just a visual glitch but I would love for GAF to clarify

Top Bottom