• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor |OT| One Title to rule them all

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I've deployed a new avatar for this occasion.
image.php

tumblr_mxcf9xw54B1rzik3go1_500.gif

Jtrizzy

I guess I'll just wait till there are some impressions. I can't decide between PS4 vs. a 1.5 gb 580. Money isn't the issue, I just hate getting pc games day one when they run poorly or need driver updates, especially if the PS4 version is 1080p60. If it unlocks at midnight I'll cave though lol.

Trace

Banned
What if the only console I have is a PS3?

Also whoops, saw that there's a PC performance thread. My bad.

I think I can deal with low-med.

I'd say hold off until it releases to see what the PC performance is like. If it's solid enough for your liking, PC. Otherwise PS3.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I'd say hold off until it releases to see what the PC performance is like. If it's solid enough for your liking, PC. Otherwise PS3.

Yeah, that's probably what I would do. Too busy now to play it on release anyway.

Thanks for the advice.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital

LOL. That is generally the reaction I get when I use that avatar but it wasn't exactly why I used it. The only problem is when I eventually remove it I tend to get people asking me to show them my ass, and that conflicts heavily with my machismo.

demolitio

Well, looks like I can get this game afterall thanks to a $40 reward certificate so I guess I can be hyped again instead of trying to ignore it.

I'm still really thinking about trading in Destiny since I don't think I'll dedicate enough time to loot-farming and my friends have given up on it. It's worth 40 bucks which is only 5 less than what I paid so it's pretty tempting too.

The delay in Australia is straight up BS and will probably be why i wont end up buying the game. Too close to other high profile releases now. If it came out now i would buy it without hesitation.

Ill admit the game wasn't even on my radar until the reviews came out , but i would buy it today if it was not for the delay.

Why is it delayed anyway ? Nearly every other AAA release comes out same day as everywhere else.

TheRed

Well, looks like I can get this game afterall thanks to a $40 reward certificate so I guess I can be hyped again instead of trying to ignore it.

I'm still really thinking about trading in Destiny since I don't think I'll dedicate enough time to loot-farming and my friends have given up on it. It's worth 40 bucks which is only 5 less than what I paid so it's pretty tempting too.
Do it, and get Alien or Evil Within!

Thyralax

Banned
It's on a publisher basis. Since most companies are on the West Coast it unlocks midnight for them. Though EA has been good about unlocking at 12 AM EST.
I realize that but it still irritates me that the majority of US players have to wait, not to mention the midnight unlock on Steam. Oh well I have my red bulls ready haha.

I'm just sitting here impatiently waiting for it to unlock in 3 hours. Well at least the whole game is preloaded and I will watch The Desolation of Smaug on HBO while I wait.

demolitio

Do it, and get Alien or Evil Within!

I might but I most likely want to start saving credit up for the onslaught that is to come and wait for Alien to drop in price. Afterall, I've bought every other Creative Assembly game at launch and told myself "NEVER AGAIN" after Rome 2 even if they're different teams...lol.

Definitely thinking about 2K15 as well after being used to playing as a shitty Cavs team and still doing well. I can't imagine what it will be like playing as them this year. I'm just worried about all the other issues with that game as well.

For a long time, Shadow of Mordor was on my "cautiously hyped" list and didn't know if I could get it right away, but all these videos and reviews made me jump over the edge since I've missed the LOTR universe for a while now. I still wish LOTR: Conquest turned out... :(

You, sir, have phenomonal taste. Every corner of that desktop is covered in amazing games, hats off to the underrated classic Undying.

Why thank you Grief, I just play what I like and what I grew up with.

I'm not sure if you can see it but System Shock 2 is also installed alongside Thief:The Dark Project Gold and Thief II: The Metal Age.

Undying is so fucking underrated, it has deadly combat, an amazing story and atmosphere that is still scary even today. The graphics are a bit dated but I think they still have a charm, and of course the moment to moment gameplay is a wonderful blend of Shooter and survival horror, and some light puzzling.

Hell, even some of the bosses are puzzles themselves in the sense of figuring out which Magick, weapons, and how not to die while fighting them.

It's a beautiful and underrated game that sadly, Jericho didn't really touch in heights but I still find Jericho pretty interesting.

meh i still have to wait like 7 hours :C

and for some reason i can't find the season pass for teh game (first time i bought one) in the inventory, is that normal?

Come on Neogaf! BELIEVE IN WHAT THE MONOLITH COMMUNITY MANAGER SAID!

Believe in the you, that believes in the me that believes in you!

Surely we will all get the Shadows of Mordor at midnight.

Top Bottom