• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Willy105 said:
Which server is that? The Minecraft Community thread lists two, don't know which is which.
i was looking for it on exano but then i started jumping off of high buildings and planting flowers everywhere.

>_>

im easily distracted.

Minecraft can look amazing:

HelHq.jpg

pirata

Willy105 said:
Which server is that? The Minecraft Community thread lists two, don't know which is which.

We really need to have that thread closed and have someone who'll actually update the OP start another one specifically for the GAF server.

Xun said:
15nqgt1.gif

Ok guys the tunnel is nearly finished, although the track isn't quite ready yet.

But who's up for partaking in this massive task?

Sorry, but I seem to have my mind in the gutter, because when I saw this image I thought of a penis. :(

But if I didn't lag so much on exano's server, I would TOTALLY help build Rapture.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
pirata said:
We really need to have that thread closed and have someone who'll actually update the OP start another one specifically for the GAF server.
I'll start a new one tomorrow and actually put useful stuff (like mods and other things) in the OP.

Hey guys, I've been looking around on the Minecraft forums, but can't really find the answer.. maybe you guys know: I've got severe FPS problems with my Macbook Pro, to the point the game just straight up freezes sometimes, with the fps otherwise being around 15-20 with normal view distance. I'm the MBP with the 330m (I think) graphics card, so I guess it should be able to run this normally?

Thanks!

kennah

Banzaiaap said:
Hey guys, I've been looking around on the Minecraft forums, but can't really find the answer.. maybe you guys know: I've got severe FPS problems with my Macbook Pro, to the point the game just straight up freezes sometimes, with the fps otherwise being around 15-20 with normal view distance. I'm the MBP with the 330m (I think) graphics card, so I guess it should be able to run this normally?

Thanks!
Is it the 13"? That one uses DDR3 RAM shared with the OS. So the video card might not be able to push enough juice for maxed out Minecraft.

Eccocid

I was never in to Minecraft too much. Bought the game last year but never spent more than few hours.

Few days ago i gave it another chance..Damn very addictive. I started in a snowy world and built my house near spawn point. Most of the area is covered by water and frozen lakes so for mining i have to walk to some other island which had big hills. So i had been mining down there for 2 days and found a huge cave after a huge cave with tons of metarials TILL I GOT BACKSTABBED BY A ZOMBIE(more like backpoked) and fell in to lava and died.
LOL it felt like Demon's Souls..i had lost all my goods i had been caryying with me, tons of diamonds, gold, iron, full diamond armor set and weapons :(

And worse thing is i dont have anything useful in chests at home..tons of useless cobblestones lol. Feels like starting over from beginning but hey i still have the house and happy cows, pigs and chickens around it.

Falt

Very cool documentary posted on Gametrailers today. It's only a proof of concept so it's not the full documentry but it clocks in at 21 minutes.

SD version

HD version

Great watch, really interesting seeing behind the scenes at Mojang.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
2P Productions is trying to raise the funds to create a full-length documentary, via Kickstarter:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2pp/minecraft-the-story-of-mojang?ref=discover_rec

$30 pledged gets you a physical two-disk DVD set when if gets finished. From there, the pledges get a little nuts. Creeper wind-up toy, box-pig piggy bank, signed MC landscape poster, etc.

I tossed in $30 myself. All I'm really after is a copy of the docu.

Leunam

Xun said:
15nqgt1.gif

Ok guys the tunnel is nearly finished, although the track isn't quite ready yet.

But who's up for partaking in this massive task?

It would be awesome if you could clear off the landbridge to the west. I'd volunteer but I'm scared of the water. :(

Articalys

Falt said:
Very cool documentary posted on Gametrailers today. It's only a proof of concept so it's not the full documentry but it clocks in at 21 minutes.

SD version

HD version

Great watch, really interesting seeing behind the scenes at Mojang.
GDJustin said:
2P Productions is trying to raise the funds to create a full-length documentary, via Kickstarter:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2pp/minecraft-the-story-of-mojang?ref=discover_rec

$30 pledged gets you a physical two-disk DVD set when if gets finished. From there, the pledges get a little nuts. Creeper wind-up toy, box-pig piggy bank, signed MC landscape poster, etc.

I tossed in $30 myself. All I'm really after is a copy of the docu.
Just had a chance to watch the trailer, as it were -- probably going to put down enough for the DVD as well; I really enjoyed 2PP's work on the Penny Arcade series. Amusingly, all they need is for a little more than ten percent of the people who bought the game to chip in a dollar each.

ZZMitch

Minecraft is also coming to Android and Notch is going to add some sort of food system (I am guessing hunger or something?) According to twitter.

pirata

Chinner said:
whats the i.p of the gaf server :(

Go here, quote to see.

One of the myriad reasons why we need a dedicated GAF server thread. We could easily hide the IP in the OP, and the OP could also be updated to list currant projects, info on the mods we're using, screenshots of the server, etc.

Maybe I should stop nagging and do it myself. Would everyone we alright with switching GAF-specific posts over to another thread? Or would people prefer to keep the GAFland discussion here with all the other Minecraft stuff?

L00P

What do I do if I stumble upon a natural forest fire?

158r3m.jpg

Post a screenshot in this thread, that's what!

That small pool of lava really did some damage alright

ZZMitch

pirata said:
Go here, quote to see.

One of the myriad reasons why we need a dedicated GAF server thread. We could easily hide the IP in the OP, and the OP could also be updated to list currant projects, info on the mods we're using, screenshots of the server, etc.

Maybe I should stop nagging and do it myself. Would everyone we alright with switching GAF-specific posts over to another thread? Or would people prefer to keep the GAFland discussion here with all the other Minecraft stuff?

It sounds ok, I just feel like neither thread would be active enough by themselves.

And is there no way to back the Mojang Doc through paypal? :(

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
L00P said:

158r3m.jpg

Heh, the reminds me, I found what seemed like a trap to instantly cause a fire if Exano ever turned fire back on, there were trees directly over 1 tile pools of lava.

Vlad

ZZMitch said:
I just assumed Artist had a gaf account lol.

Well, welcome!

Nope, I know a few of the regulars didn't/don't have accounts. ArtistDude didn't, and Jhriad doesn't as far as I know. Can't really call Jhriad a regular any more, though.

ZZMitch

Vlad said:
Nope, I know a few of the regulars didn't/don't have accounts. ArtistDude didn't, and Jhriad doesn't as far as I know. Can't really call Jhriad a regular any more, though.

I am trying to stay regular as well... but I have been away for a while! It is tough, man :(

Hopefully this is some sort of false positive.

Any Ideas?

iYmaT.jpg

EDIT: I deleted .minecraft in roaming and downloaded the new launcher and I still get the same thing.

EDIT EDIT: It looks as if AVG is reporting this as a false positive, move along folks. Everything is fine.

So, kinda unrelated, but hopefully you're reading this, wwm0nkey.

Anyway, do you know when Fortress Craft is supposed to be released? Been looking forward to a console version of Minecraft from some time, and it actually looks to be a good solution.

Anybody here heard of Oreoville?

That's where I've done all my Mining/Crafting for the last forever.

I wonder however if this GAFland can compete in awesome level?

I'm also interested in that one all underground server I've seen online.

Streeeam

Neo Member
L00P said:

158r3m.jpg

Ah, yes! I remember that happening to me on my server. I had to run around with friends to extinguish the fire. :(

Jira

I have to wonder how the mobile versions will perform and if Mojang is going to scale anything down to run on the devices?

L00P said:

158r3m.jpg

happened to me, I had a torch in my house which lit a spider on fire which lit a tree on fire I believe...

Grinchy

Banned
Sorry for the picture dump, but I'm a new guy and wanted to jump in on the Minecraft thread. So here are some pictures of my living area.

fz0vvq.jpg

2uylzrb.jpg

29oinp4.jpg

25ujh8i.jpg

9pyn8g.jpg

Still working on it, of course. Since no one ever really finishes anything, do they?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom