• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft PS4/Xbone |OT|

Mastperf

For the new folks, starting a fire with a flint and steel on the ground and throwing your trash in to it will instantly destroy items like lava does. It's a great portable garbage can.

Eggbok

yeah but then you pick it up again almost immediately

For this kind of thing I usually dig out a hole in the side of some stone and put some lava in it, and just throw useless stuff in it.
And it's gone forever!
izrBE7qetekvT.png

The Chef

Asking again from a few pages back:

Whats the story with online? Are you able to have a saved world with you and your friends or dedicated servers?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I was all hype for the PS4 version, but it's just made me go back to play the PC version again.
$5 easy upgrade from the ps3 version as well as local split screen and the ability to play with my friends on ps4 says I disagree with you. I have a ton of mods for Minecraft on my PC as well so it's not really an excuse for me.

Brunobi02

Neo Member
Ok this may not be the right place for this question but I'll try anyhow. Are mods or user generated maps compatible with the 360, Ps3, PS4, or Xbone? Or just PC?

Thanks GAF

Steel

Banned
Asking again from a few pages back:

Whats the story with online? Are you able to have a saved world with you and your friends or dedicated servers?

You can use any world you want with up to 7 friends simultaneously. It's a locally saved world, no dedicated servers.

Edit:

Ok this may not be the right place for this question but I'll try anyhow. Are mods or user generated maps compatible with the 360, Ps3, PS4, or Xbone? Or just PC?

Thanks GAF

Only PC. There are texture/skin packs available for 1 buck a piece though.

The Llama

$5 easy upgrade from the ps3 version as well as local split screen and the ability to play with my friends on ps4 says I disagree with you. I have a ton of mods for Minecraft on my PC as well so it's not really an excuse for me.

I shoulda explained more. I bought it on PS4, played it for an hour, and it just made me wanna play it on my computer haha.

Not meant to be some sort of PC trolling, I just wish they'd update the console version. That's really what made me wanna play it on PC.

KillGore

Has the vita version been released? If it hasn't, I wonder if they'll have cross buy from PS4 to Vita.

I believe there is PS3 to Vita?

The Llama

Has the vita version been released? If it hasn't, I wonder if they'll have cross buy from PS4 to Vita.

It hasn't been released, but there will be crossbuy from PS3 to Vita, since they use the same version of the game, but not from PS4 to Vita (just like how there's so PS3/PS4 crossbuy).

Hollycat

They wont. The PS3 and vita versions are the same, and if they did that they'd miss out on double dippers.

Not played minecraft on consoles but my kids love the ipad version. A few questions

1) does xbox support local coop without gold? My kids love to build worlds together
2) like the ipad version does this have 2 modes, just building and survival (my kids don't like the survival mode)
3) does this include all the features of the PC version ? ( I believe ipad is still abit behind in that area)

Hollycat

Not played minecraft on consoles but my kids love the ipad version. A few questions

1) does xbox support local coop without gold? My kids love to build worlds together
2) like the ipad version does this have 2 modes, just building and survival (my kids don't like the survival mode)
3) does this include all the features of the PC version ? ( I believe ipad is still abit behind in that area)

1. this thread is for the PS4 version, but since it's local, probably if that's an option.
2. Yes.
3.No, it's not as far behind as the ipad version, but its not caught up with PC.

Cess007

1. this thread is for the PS4 version, but since it's local, probably if that's an option.
2. Yes.
3.No, it's not as far behind as the ipad version, but its not caught up with PC.

Well, the thread title reads both PS4 and XBO, so i guess this thread will be for both consoles. Anyway; i'm curious, what mayor things are we missing from the latestet version from PC? I've it, but haven't boot it in ages.

Darknight

I redboxed minecraft 360 edition yesterday, and this morning the xbox one version finally showed $5. I forgot how addicting this game is, I think I put at least 4 hours in last night. I did a crap load of things and don't want to lose progress, is it hard to transfer saves from the 360 version to the xbox one version?

You got to be kidding me. WTF is this shit!!!!!!!!!!!

I did this on PS3/PS4 and it didnt work. Lame. I should of put 4+ hours too. Can anyone with a rented copy/redbox copy try to play for ~4 hours and see if they can get the store to give you the $5 price on PS3/PS4?

Hollycat

Well, the thread title reads both PS4 and XBO, so i guess this thread will be for both consoles. Anyway; i'm curious, what mayor things are we missing from the latestet version from PC? I've it, but haven't boot it in ages.

WHOOOPS! I didn't realise they fused the threads.

onken

Any way to turn off the Hunger Meter?
Change difficulty to peaceful.
You got to be kidding me. WTF is this shit!!!!!!!!!!!

I did this on PS3/PS4 and it didnt work. Lame. I should of put 4+ hours too. Can anyone with a rented copy/redbox copy try to play for ~4 hours and see if they can get the store to give you the $5 price on PS3/PS4?

Or you could just, y'know, pay the going rate for an excellent game filled with content instead of trying cheat the system.

HeeHo

pretty sure we don't have horses and all the other vegetables, horses are pretty cool. you can breed them and they have certain stats like jump height and speed. there is probably a bunch of other stuff too. i stopped watching mc youtube videos about a year ago but thats something i remember.

edit: forgot Witch huts, we don't have that yet. Particularly excited for that update, I wanna build a witch farm. They drop good stuff.

pretty sure we don't have horses and all the other vegetables, horses are pretty cool. you can breed them and they have certain stats like jump height and speed. there is probably a bunch of other stuff too. i stopped watching mc youtube videos about a year ago but thats something i remember.

Colored glass and a bunch of flower types also.
And they just got a new update with new mobs and new blocks too.

I prefer the console versions over PC though. I use splitscreen a lot and none of my friends play pc games. I used to keep up with all the PC updates more to see what the future may hold, but console updates take a long time and arent consistent to the pc updates so i no longer follow PC updates.

Oh, it really does break when you try to purchase skins from within the game. Damnit.

Why does the inventory bar appear above the two PS buttons in the bottom left corner? It's almost in the center of the screen.. there's no reason why it can't all be in the bottom row.

The save icon is also way too big, and it is an awkward icon for what it is..

I do like some additions, like seeing the player model in the top left corner when I crouch or stand, and the nice help mode.

KillGore

It hasn't been released, but there will be crossbuy from PS3 to Vita, since they use the same version of the game, but not from PS4 to Vita (just like how there's so PS3/PS4 crossbuy).

They wont. The PS3 and vita versions are the same, and if they did that they'd miss out on double dippers.

Guess I'll have to double dip, damn my interest in this game.

Edit: Though I guess I can remote play the PS4 version, but I won't be able to play outside the house.

Its years behind the PC version and that makes me sad. Its as far behind as the PS3 version was we haven't found anything in the PS4/X1 version other than draw distance that wasn't already in the creaking old PS3 version !!

the minecraft RedStone Update 1.5 came out in March 2015 and this doesn't have that, and there are two more updates on PC since that date.

HeeHo

I prefer the console versions over PC though. I use splitscreen a lot and none of my friends play pc games. I used to keep up with all the PC updates more to see what the future may hold, but console updates take a long time and arent consistent to the pc updates so i no longer follow PC updates.

In some weird way I almost like that we are a few updates behind, because I've only played the console versions, I feel like there is just so much down the pipeline. Think I'd be overwhelmed if we were on track with the PC version right out the gate. I do hope we get updates faster though.

MattyG

Banned
What building material should I use for a big house (on an island)? Stone? Cobblestone? Wood planks? Wood is by far my most pletiful resource ( I just cleared out all the trees on the island) but I feel like it may be too cheap or weak for a big house.

Top Bottom