• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Miniature Gaming-Age (WH40k, Warmachine, Etc.)

My first miniature in 15 years, painted and ready for battle! I feel like a proud daddy ;)

mymearahys3y.jpg
I really like those colors and your style is different, in a good way.

I hope for surprises on the final day of bones. I assume lot of folks are holding back their pledges. My GF on add ons alone so far has almost $200 worth she plans on getting, but hasn't pledged it yet since shes waiting to see what all gets unlocked.

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
ya i really think having 2 core expansions open simultaneously was a really bad idea.
it just feels like forever before you even find out what the next price point for the next unlock is..they should have focused on one at a time till before moving onto the next

embalm

A non-junior really should create a new thread about the KS in Off-Topic. I'm a big RPGer and don't come into this thread. Gotta get some more nerd eyes on the KS.

I don't mind the expansions, but I've already decided to buy 1 and 2. I can see how those wanting big individual figures might get annoyed.

Love that Minotaur demon lord, no idea how I'm going to use it yet.

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
so the last 24hrs of the reaper kickstarter has started.
from the reveals. core expansion 3 is not for me..2 i'm debating..some cool stuff but it doesn't feel like enough vs expansion 1 which feels like a great deal.

next big reveal..really cool fig that really won't see much gametime..but its got that cool factor
Not Tarrasque
555e66b00abc4fd0bce1189060dad62b_large.jpg

Yea I got the core, kraken, and the "not tarasque". My GF is basically getting all the rest of the adds on she wants, so shes getting both expansion 1, 2 and ton of other stuff. We both have no interest at all in the expansion 3 :p

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
Ok 6 hrs to go and the newest reveal is amazing..don't know if it can hit the 3millon mark but heres hoping.
Best 35 dollar combo deal ever!

8bf187f3af7bcd4229bac9d148115a42_large.jpg

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
A non-junior really should create a new thread about the KS in Off-Topic. I'm a big RPGer and don't come into this thread. Gotta get some more nerd eyes on the KS.

I don't mind the expansions, but I've already decided to buy 1 and 2. I can see how those wanting big individual figures might get annoyed.

Love that Minotaur demon lord, no idea how I'm going to use it yet.

Ok I made a simple news thread in OT about it..better then nothing and hope it helps :)

Yea interest in sedition wars tanked hardcore. I sold my ks package as soon as I got it and flipped it for twice what I paid though.

Bones 2 has some cool stuff, but feel it fell short. Lot less backers and made less than the originals. The focus on the expansion crap.... and severe lack of core goals. Huge gaps in pledge amounts with not a single core addition? And near the end it was all purchase options? Thank you gift.... pay for it!......

Risible

Well, to be fair, those are some insanely good prices. $35 for the ruins set is a fucking steal, as is $25 for Khanjira. I do agree that the expansion set concept needs some work. The first one seemed much better than the following two.

So anyone else looking forward to the Aliens Vs. Predator miniature game going up on kickstarter soon? I really don't want to invest in more kickstarters right now, but damn it could be awesome. Sounds like its going to be a Space Hulk like game.

And it's up: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/513277403/alien-vs-predator-the-miniatures-game

Pretty expensive game, supposedly because this is for a limited resin hand casted version of the game with multipose minis. They hope to do a hard plastic cheaper version with one piece versions of the figs for the future that will be cheaper and for regular retail. Includes rules for a full miniature skirmish game as well.

With stretch goals the KS could end up being worth it, but the base set is overpriced as is. Already they unlocked free face huggers and a free add on of a players choice, so some more freebie unlocks could make this one to pick up. Going to wait and see whats unlocked

Leunam

Those are some good looking models. True scale, too, which is a nice departure from heroic. Going to watch this one.

Yea the prices are real high, along with shipping for those of us in the US especially. It's basically a wait and see with this one to see if enough of the freebies make it worth it. The next highest tier beyond the base game gets you several add ons worth but you save only like $20 off from buying the models individually.

Jarate

Banned
I recently got some books for Warhammer Historical andnwas wondering if any of you guys would inow of some good miniatures for Han Chinese or at least older chinese models

I can only find Boxer Rebellion models

Dropping 3 major armies from Fantasy is just going to hurt them even more. Fans flipped when they dropped armies in the past.

I can see them secretly dropping them by still supporting the armies via articles and such to toss a bone, but basically never release any new content or updated books for these armies.

Ledsen

So I haven't finished painting many models, but I thought I'd post my two 40k Eldar Wave Serpents (the only other models I've finished so far are a few Guardians). The first one is finished and the second one is very nearly finished. Please tell me what you think and how I could improve.

p102075427aw8.jpg

p1020753qax51.jpg

Ledsen

Sure thing, here's a group shot:

p1020755idk69.jpg

The left model has an unpainted canopy and lacks turret weapons and varnish (most notable on the gems, they're glossy and shiny on the right guy). I'm not completely satisfied with the edge highlighting on the blue parts, the contrast is a bit stark (only two colors used for the edges) and the placement of the final highlight looks out of place in a few cases. It's my first go at it though and unfortunately I don't have the patience to sit there blending highlights for hours! Thanks for the encouraging words though, I've only a Falcon left and then my tanks will be done :)

If I were to give extra close combat weapons to Tactical Marines (Carcharodons chapter tactics) and were to represent it with chainsaw bayonets on their bolters as shown here, would that be widely accepted as WYSIWYG?

Ledsen

Anyone play Deadzone? Just bought the box + Marauders (orks) starter set, crates and markers. After watching a few youtube videos it looks like a great Necromunda-style campaign skirmish game with fast but deep rules, good minis, awesome terrain and great prices.

boardgamenewsdeadzone9edx8.jpg

3219.1.600.600.fffffqbdid.jpeg

Sure thing, here's a group shot:

The left model has an unpainted canopy and lacks turret weapons and varnish (most notable on the gems, they're glossy and shiny on the right guy). I'm not completely satisfied with the edge highlighting on the blue parts, the contrast is a bit stark (only two colors used for the edges) and the placement of the final highlight looks out of place in a few cases. It's my first go at it though and unfortunately I don't have the patience to sit there blending highlights for hours! Thanks for the encouraging words though, I've only a Falcon left and then my tanks will be done :)

Gah, you're so much better at this than I am. I only notice the differences after you pick 'em out, but that's what I get for being a novice. I think at that zoom level the edge highlighting looks totally awesome, though.

Great colour scheme too.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Finishing up a Venerable Space Wolves Dreadnought. Have had to do a bit of kitbashing, but it's working well. Am also working on my Skaven Army as well.

If you guys don't mind, I'd like to run this list by some of you 40k players. I'm a complete noob at this point, just trying to get a shopping list together.

Okay, so I'm doing Carcharodons Space Marines. Their chapter tactics and chapter master's rules are up for download on Forgeworld's site, but here's what matters here: Tactical Marines can be given extra CCW without giving up their pistol or boltgun, and units with chapter tactics gain Rage for the rest of the game after winning a close combat. When Tyberos gets Rage in this way, all units with Rage get +1 Strength for the rest of the game. So that's 4 Str 5 attacks from a Tactical Marine on the charge.

Tyberos the Red Wake (placed with Honor Guard) - 190pts

5 Honor Guard (1 relic blade, drop pod w/ deathwind missile launcher) - 195pts

5 Sternguard Veterans (3 combi-plasma, drop pod) - 185pts

5 Sternguard Veterans (3 Combi-melta, drop pod w/ locator beacon) - 195pts

10 Tactical Marines (8x extra CCW, combi-flamer, flamer, heavy bolter, drop pod w/ locator beacon) - 218pts

10 Tactical Marines (8x extra CCW, combi-flamer, flamer, heavy bolter, drop pod) - 208pts

10 Tactical Marines (8x extra CCW, combi-melta, meltagun, multi-melta, drop pod w/ deathwind missile launcher) - 228pts

5 Devastators (4 Missile Launchers, drop pod w/ deathwind missile launcher) - 180pts

1 Stormtalon (skyhammer missile System) - 125pts

1 Stormtalon (skyhammer missile System) - 125pts

TOTAL: 1849pts

I might need to make another tactical squad all-melta instead of flamer/heavy bolter, but I don't know what other problems the list might have.

Leunam

I haven't built many lists for this edition, but I dig that. Not sure how useful the Deathwind launchers are. Also, with combi-flamers and flamers in one squad, I would put something similarly ranged for the heavy weapon, like a Multi-Melta. But then again that's more anti-armor than anything. Try posting it on Warseer, you might get a better answer.

STAND BACK GONNA PUKE

Order Date: 07/02/2014 05:50:16

Product Code: 99510101126
Description: CARCHARODONS TRANSFER SHEET
Quantity: 2
Price: £12.00

Product Code: 99550101194
Description: TYBEROS THE RED WAKE
Quantity: 1
Price: £16.50

Product Code: 99550101186
Description: SPACE MARINE CHARACTER CONVERSION SET
Price: £11.00

Product Code: 99550101184
Description: SPACE MARINE BOLTER - UMBRA FERROX X10

Product Code: 99550101185
Description: SPACE MARINE SPECIAL WEAPONS PACK

Product Code: 99550101273
Description: PHOBOS PATTERN BOLT PISTOLS AND PACKS
Quantity: 5

Product Code: 99550101291
Description: LEGION MkIV POWER WEAPON SET
Price: £20.00

Product Code: 99550101302
Description: LEGION PHOBOS CHAINAXE SET
Price: £12.00

Product Code: 99590101341
Description: LEGION MK II DESPOILER SQUAD
Price: £32.00

Product Code: 99590101180
Description: MK V HERESY ARMOUR
Quantity: 4
Price: £23.00

Product Code: 99590101181
Description: MK VI CORVUS ARMOUR
Quantity: 3

Product Code: 99550101182
Description: SPACE MARINE BOLTER - UMBRA PATTERN X10
Quantity: 3

Product Code: 99550101206
Description: SPACE MARINE HEAVY WEAPONS SET

Product Code: 99590101179
Description: MK IV MAXIMUS ARMOUR

Product Code: 99590101277
Description: LEGION MKIV MAXIMUS ARMOUR

Shipping Method: FW - GBP - Free UPS

Shipping Cost: £0.00

Total Amount Paid: £497.50

Risible

I just started painting, and recently posted shots of the Space Hulk set I decided on for my first project. I slacked off for a few months and then finally got back on the project and have painted the whole set. Here are a few of the minis from it.

After I finished that about a week ago, I started on the Warhammer 40K Dark Vengeance set. Below the Space Hulk minis is a shot of the first squad of Deathwing Tactical Marines.

Picked up the 2 new HQ Dwarf models today. Have them primed and will get them painted tonight while I work on the 3 Skaven I've got started.

I just started painting, and recently posted shots of the Space Hulk set I decided on for my first project. I slacked off for a few months and then finally got back on the project and have painted the whole set. Here are a few of the minis from it.

After I finished that about a week ago, I started on the Warhammer 40K Dark Vengeance set. Below the Space Hulk minis is a shot of the first squad of Deathwing Tactical Marines.

For someone starting recently, those look amazing.

Top Bottom