• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB '12-'13 OffSeason OT: Magic is the New Market Inefficiency

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
6 games better last season?

Yes. Marginally better.

Obviously better offense ... but their record doesn't show it.

With the Lastros coming in ... maybe that will equal the feeding that Arizona manages off the Rockies and Padres.

2012 records aside, based on the current 2013 rosters, I just don't see it. Arizona has way more talent and upside in place right now.

rekameohs

Banned
6 games better last season?

Yes. Marginally better.

Obviously better offense ... but their record doesn't show it.

With the Lastros coming in ... maybe that will equal the feeding that Arizona manages off the Rockies and Padres.
You sure seem emotionally invested in this.

aFIGurANT

Any Indians fans on here? What's everyone's thoughts on the moves they made this offseason?

I'm no Indian fan but you gained an elite defensive center fielder from the Reds who while not being able to hit, is at least fun to watch run around a big outfield. I'd take that kind of player over Choo in terms of entertainment value (although listening to visiting announcers stumble over Shin-Soo's name was/will be fun) since you guys are probably a fourth place team this year.

Friggz

Barring 2011 ... the Diamondbacks haven't been very amazing.

Do you see them surpassing the Dodgers or Giants?

Gotta do something in January.

dodgers are 1 or 2 injuries away from being a 3rd place team. Same thing applies to the angels. I prefer a team be deep than top heavy.

CygnusXS

Yeah if anything that seems like they got a good deal.

It's low compared to his $/WAR value, even after applying a 60% discount for it being his first arb year. It's just, that's still quite high for a first year arb contract, and imagine how much he'll be getting in his next couple years.

Macattk15

It's low compared to his $/WAR value, even after applying a 60% discount for it being his first arb year. It's just, that's still quite high for a first year arb contract, and imagine how much he'll be getting in his next couple years.

I know one thing. I wish I was him.

Any Indians fans on here? What's everyone's thoughts on the moves they made this offseason?

Guess I'll pop into MLBgaf too :). Yep, I'm an Indians fan. My thoughts on the major moves:

I like the Swisher signing, even at the cost that it came. Adds a solid run producer and a much needed right handed bat. Should be a good clubhouse presence as well.

The jury's still out on the Choo trade until we see more of Bauer, but I think we made out very well, considering there was no chance Choo was going to stay. Stubbs is more of an added "bonus".

Mark Reynolds: He's going to whiff a ton (like Stubbs) but he should also add some right handed power. At least he's better than having LaPorta at 1st.

Brett Myers: As long as he doesn't incur injury stretching out to being a starter again he should be a solid, reliable innings eater. The Indians desperately need some reliability in their rotation.

Decent moves overall...at least they shouldn't be a 94 game loser again. Might even have enough for a winning season, but it depends mostly on the starting rotation, in my opinion. Which is still too full of question marks.

how did posey win ROY over Heyward?

A lot of voters REALLY take playoff status into consideration. The Giants won the division in 2010 while the Braves only won the Wild Card. I bet had the Braves won the NL East and the Giants won the WC, the roles would be flipped.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Corey Hart out 3-4 months.

This fucking sucks. Brewers will still finish ahead of Pittsburgh.
would suck for the brewers if he isn't back by the all star break. That is assuming that are planning on trading him.

eznark

Banned
would sick for the brewers if he isn't back by the all star break. That is assuming that are planning on trading him.

Well, 3-4 months is like 6-8 weeks of the season so he should be back in plenty of time. Hopefully Gamel is awesome. LOL

I don't know why that hillbilly cocksucker waited until the middle of fucking January to have the surgery.

Cause them Dbacks are going anywhere soon? They are marginally better than the Mariners.

Here take Trevor Bauer .... give us this Didi guy! Yeah!

I can't defend the DBacks but I can say that I'd rather be in a division with the Dodgers/Giants than with the Angels/Rangers/A's. That and there isn't a hitter in the league that would rather play for the M's than the DBacks. It would be a bonehead move for a position player to accept a trade to from one of the best hitters parks in the MLB to one of the worst when both teams have microscopic playoff chances. Especially when he hasn't signed a mega contract yet. He needs that thin Arizona air to pad those stats.

CygnusXS

less than I was estimating. I had him at around 7.7.

I'm really pretty sure that they're still working on a multi-year extension. We know the FO was pushing for it already, and those submitted numbers are already pretty close to each other. Both sides are likely just trying to buy more time to get an extension finished.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
V9wVeh5l.jpg

This shit is weird. Can't believe the people voted for a god damn Pittsburgh Pirate.

Top Bottom