• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB '12-'13 OffSeason OT: Magic is the New Market Inefficiency

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
iJ9XGvwz42XIW.gif

ibzmau4LULxC6V.png

JABEE

Nats are going to be the reigning NL East champs.

They are the reigning Champions at the moment. With the outfield the Phillies have right now, I'm not very confident in the Phillies wresting away that title.

V9wVeh5l.jpg

This shit is weird. Can't believe the people voted for a god damn Pittsburgh Pirate.
What? He's a really good choice for the cover.

He's a very exciting player to watch who is coming off of an excellent year. He deserves more exposure than he is currently getting, and deserves a better fate than the perennial losing seasons the Pirates have faced.

Macattk15

My favorite memory of Bill Bavasi:

My favorite was trading all star Adam Jones and others for the corpse of Eric Bedard.

Oh and bankrolling Carlos Silva.

Jack Z ain't that bad. Especially when Jaso doesn't put up career high numbers like he did last season.

This is just like the rage M's fans had when Jack traded Pineda for Montero ... and then Pineda's arm fell off.

It's probably the owners that made this trade happen anyone .... but how long have M's fans been asking for them to get the boot. Not gonna happen.

We'll just flip Morse for prospects at the deadline anyway to some team (all of them) who overvalues power.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
The Cubs and the Diamondbacks recently discussed the feasibility of a trade involving right fielder Justin Upton, two major league sources told Bruce Levine of ESPNChicago.com. According to both sources, the Diamondbacks asked for two-time All-Star Starlin Castro in return for Upton and were rebuffed. Theo Epstein & Co. decided that the asking price was too high and cut off talks.

Diamondbacks GM Kevin Towers has an obvious surplus of talent in the outfield but he has made it clear that he wants quality in return for Upton, Jason Kubel, or anyone else. Meanwhile, the asking price for Upton may not be the only hurdle to overcome in a deal involving the Cubs. The Cubs are on the 25-year-old's no-trade list, along with the Blue Jays, Red Sox, and Mariners. Upton invoked his limited no trade privileges in order to block a deal to Seattle earlier this winter.

Upton has three years remaining on his deal and is owed $38MM over that span. Despite the lofty price tag that Towers has put on Upton, the club is still reportedly intent on moving him.

They are the reigning Champions at the moment. With the outfield the Phillies have right now, I'm not very confident in the Phillies wresting away that title.

They will find away. I actually have a good feeling about the Phils this year, even though they havent done much. 8th inning was their biggest problem and they seem to have fixed that.

Guess I'll pop into MLBgaf too :). Yep, I'm an Indians fan. My thoughts on the major moves:

I like the Swisher signing, even at the cost that it came. Adds a solid run producer and a much needed right handed bat. Should be a good clubhouse presence as well.

The jury's still out on the Choo trade until we see more of Bauer, but I think we made out very well, considering there was no chance Choo was going to stay. Stubbs is more of an added "bonus".

Mark Reynolds: He's going to whiff a ton (like Stubbs) but he should also add some right handed power. At least he's better than having LaPorta at 1st.

Brett Myers: As long as he doesn't incur injury stretching out to being a starter again he should be a solid, reliable innings eater. The Indians desperately need some reliability in their rotation.

Decent moves overall...at least they shouldn't be a 94 game loser again. Might even have enough for a winning season, but it depends mostly on the starting rotation, in my opinion. Which is still too full of question marks.

Yay Indians fans. :D I agree on pretty much everything. I think Francona matters too, so much better than Acta. Could be a sneaky team this year!

Top Bottom