• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB '12-'13 OffSeason OT: Magic is the New Market Inefficiency

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
delgado is going to be a 3-4 win type pitcher going foward so i think the dbacks are getting good value. Interesting to see what the other pieces are. I assume gattis and ahmed which the braves have no room for. Probably another pitcher, hopefully not graham.

All in all i do think its an overpay but the pieces don't hurt too much because of depth.

Jon

So now that the Phillies are the third-best team in their own division, I might as well start getting excited for the Eagles season. That's only ~7 months away...not too bad.

Talon

Prado too.

Actually makes sense. Don't have room for him between BJ taking LF and Francisco at 3rd.

So...we won't have anybody in the lineup hitting .300.

So now that the Phillies are the third-best team in their own division, I might as well start getting excited for the Eagles season. That's only ~7 months away...not too bad.

3 teams from one division can make the playoffs, plus there is absolutely no way anyone can say who will be the best teams this early in the year. Plenty of times teams that are expected to suck wind up being way better then expected.

Edit: Holy fuck at the Braves giving up Prado. Man Ruben would get killed for doing something like that.

JABEE

The Phillies have had two terrible off seasons in a row. It has everything to do with poor personell choices by Reuben Amaro. He had a great team, but his latest moves have all been little boom or bust moves that cost very little. All of his big money moves have been lateral.

The Phillies are a lot worse than their competition right now. They better hope the rotation reverts back to 2011 levels of dominance. Even the Nationals starting rotation is even or better than what the Phillies have right now in their older big three.

Windu

Rosenthal said Delgado not the biggest piece goin to D-backs. Maybe Prado or another pitching prospect?
No way its Prado. Honestly who would be bigger than Delgado that the Braves would trade?

Edit: oh god damn it. Prado?

Talon

Shortstop Nick Ahmed and RHP Zeke Spruill included?

We weren't going to pay Prado to play at 3rd, I don't think. Damnit, Uggla. DAMN YOU!!!

Kingbrave

Mark Bowman ‏@mlbbowman

Source: Braves get Justin Upton and Chris Johnson from D-backs for Prado, Delgado, Ahmed and Spruill.

Windu

Why the fuck would you do the trade anyway. Now its not a upgrade since we lost Prado.

Runus

Exciting, but Prado? :(

I guess Chris Johnson is our new 3b. Is he any good?

Johnson doesn't hit for Prado's average, but he is a decent player. I like the trade for the most part, just hate losing Prado because he was just such a versatile player that could do anything for you.

I'd give Chris Johnson a chance. He wasn't exactly playing in a great lineup in Houston which is where he was before going to Arizona last year.

Talon

That's a pretty righteous OF though...for the first time in a long ass time.

-----BJ Upton - Justin Upton - Jason Heyward

Johnson/Francisco - Simmons - Uggly - Freeman

-------------McCann/Betancourt

Windu

Heyward I think. But I believe the Braves had the money for those guys but could only have enough money to resign either mccann or Prado. Guess they chose their man.
That's a pretty righteous OF though...for the first time in a long ass time.
Last year's outfield was one of the best in baseball.

RBH

Prado was a favorite of mine, but if he was going to probably walk after next season, then I guess it makes this a little easier to swallow.

Talon

We'll miss him in the clubhouse, though. Don't know who's going to lead this squad. McCann has always seemed like a backseat kind of guy.

Top Bottom