• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB '12-'13 OffSeason OT: Magic is the New Market Inefficiency

JABEE

Honestly, I'll take Kershaw/Greinke/Bills in a playoff series against anyone. If Ryu Hyun-Jin works out, we've got four solid starters, and anything Beckett can give beyond being a serviceable #5 is just a bonus.

Halladay(Healthy)/Lee/Hamels is pretty damn good.

I know Doc was hurt last season and his velocity was down, but Roy Halladay is a cyborg. I still think those three can help the Phillies win a lot of games if they can get solid middle relief and an offense that scores more than 2.5 runs per game.

I think the Nationals rotation will be really good next season too.

Strasburg/Gio/Haren

McNei1y

Honestly, I'll take Kershaw/Greinke/Bills in a playoff series against anyone. If Ryu Hyun-Jin works out, we've got four solid starters, and anything Beckett can give beyond being a serviceable #5 is just a bonus.

Strasburg/Gio/Zimmermann/Haren says hello

Puddles

Banned
Strasburg/Gio/Zimmermann/Haren says hello

Cool, they can say hi, and they might even win, but the point is that I wouldn't feel the Dodgers were definitively outmatched in such a scenario, whereas I certainly would have felt that way before.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Medlen/Beachy/Minor/Delgado/Teheran shits on all other rotations.

I'll just be over in the corner...

cashman

Banned
Read this: The Dodgers are currently on the hook for approximately $811,000,000 in salary obligations between now and 2018.

rando14

Read this: The Dodgers are currently on the hook for approximately $811,000,000 in salary obligations between now and 2018.

Dodgers need to hook me up with just a couple hundred K's so I can actually afford med school. Take it out of Carl Crawfords contract :^)

Blearth

Banned
Lincecum/Cain/Bumgarner/Vogelsong/Zito

No need to speculate on how good they can be. They've already reached the mountaintop. Twice.

Fox318

Because you have more money than a Saudi prince. You know, like the Dodgers.

VRUlG.jpg

Hampton 2.0

Fox318

I didn't know the NHLPA had Donald Fehr as their leader. MLB GAF should support NHL GAF. it's the only other sports GAF I like actually.

NHL won't change until Bettman is out. There needs to be new leadership for the owners and the NHL. Can't really trust a guy who canceled a season because things needed to be changes only to cancel it again because the changes he made sucked.

Already got a breakdown on Greinke's 6-year, $147 million deal with the Dodgers.

-- No no-trade clause, although he will have 5-10 protection in 2018

-- Due to the new CBA, since Greinke was traded mid-season, the Dodgers do not have to surrender a draft pick to the Angels

-- $12 million signing bonus

-- No player/club options; straight-up six-year deal

2013: $17 million
2014: $24 million
2015: $23 million
2016: $24 million
2017: $23 million
2018: $24 million

Link

The Autumn Wind
Not too excited about that one... I'm reading Olt and maybe a pitching prospect.

Meh. This team needs real OF, not another experiment convert.
The Mets are looking for outfield and catching prospects, not a third baseman and pitching, so I doubt that deal would happen. They already have enough OF converts of their own.

RBH

Braves-GAF, what would you think about trading for Emilio Bonifacio (if he's available)?

Seems like DOB is pushing hard for the Braves to do it.

Enron

Banned
Already got a breakdown on Greinke's 6-year, $147 million deal with the Dodgers.

-- No no-trade clause, although he will have 5-10 protection in 2018

-- Due to the new CBA, since Greinke was traded mid-season, the Dodgers do not have to surrender a draft pick to the Angels

-- $12 million signing bonus

-- No player/club options; straight-up six-year deal

2013: $17 million
2014: $24 million
2015: $23 million
2016: $24 million
2017: $23 million
2018: $24 million

Player can opt out after year 3 - if he's traded, then he can opt out THAT year.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Nope nope nope.

Arencibia and his career .275 OBP can stay his ass right in Toronto.

Gose has speed but apparently not much else.

If that's the best Sandy can do, he failed. Miserably.
Which is probably why the deal wasn't made.

Top Bottom