• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT| This Year, We Put Some Mustard on It.

Status
Not open for further replies.

McNei1y

I really hate the removal of collisions at the plate. Seems like a potential flood gate to remove other aspects of the game.

Course, it's entirely his fault that this mess started in the first place.

And I guess Ziegler for Brandon Allen was an absolute steal but hey, broken clock analogy right?
That's what I mean though, I have no clue how he is still employed. He has devoided this team of talent. They are fucked for years now because of him. He was trading good players and prospects for "grit" guys and little complimentary pieces.

rekameohs

Banned
That's what I mean though, I have no clue how he is still employed. He has devoided this team of talent. They are fucked for years now because of him. He was trading good players and prospects for "grit" guys and little complimentary pieces.

There's a lot of incompetents at the top of the food chain, Kendrick being one of the worst. I would've fired Towers a long time ago, but since they decided to let him shit things up this year, it's probably best to let him go after the season instead of during the middle. Like it or not, his team had the most info for this year's draft and trade deadline, so it's better if he (with TLR breathing down his neck of course) handled it instead of some greenhorn interim guy.

iori9999

Banned
Has anyone been able to confirm that Willy Adames is a real person?

He could be good in 2016 :O

Actually looking back at the trade, I think Dombrowski wanted to find a replacement for Scherzer for next year more than win now.. There probably were no left handed bats or left side of the infield players available to trade for and David Price probably allows for less usage for our fecal bullpen the rest of the season.. That's the way I see it anyways.. He wanted to extend our chances by 1 year..

Billy must've want the Shark more than Price. I can't comprehend how getting Smyly and Nick Franklin is a good return. I guess when you've never had any success with middle infield prospects its good. Hak Ju Lee future.

Malvingt2

Jerry Crasnick ‏@jcrasnick
MLB statement defends controversial #marlins #reds call because Mathis didn't provide a lane for Cozart.

Man... WHAT A FUCKING JOKE.

iori9999

Banned
Billy must've want the Shark more than Price. I can't comprehend how getting Smyly and Nick Franklin is a good return. I guess when you've never had any success with middle infield prospects its good. Hak Ju Lee future.

The Rays are like the Tigers in that fashion.. Never really having an infield prospect pan out.. But they did luck out with Longoria.. Hopefully Castellanos turns into something decent..

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
MLB statement defends controversial #marlins #reds call because Mathis didn't provide a lane for Cozart.

lol why should it be the catcher's job to provide a clear path for the baserunner? fuck this rule.

as soon as the runner rounds third i guess the catcher should just wave him in and congratulate him.

eznark

Banned
So since MLB has apparently eliminated any logic from the rule and it doesn't matter how far away from home you are when the catcher catches the ball, you should never stop at third. Basically you should always be trying to get in a pickle. As soon as the catcher has the ball walk toward him. You just scored a major league baseball run.

rekameohs

Banned
So since MLB has apparently eliminated any logic from the rule and it doesn't matter how far away from home you are when the catcher catches the ball, you should never stop at third. Basically you should always be trying to get in a pickle. As soon as the catcher has the ball walk toward him. You just scored a major league baseball run.

God damn.

I can't wait until someone tries this and the shitstorm that will follow.

The rule, in it's exact, unaltered wording, state that the Catcher WITHOUT THE BALL must provide a lane.

Mathis had the freaking ball and three steps until Cozart got to home, it's undefendable, MLB is just trying to save face and circle the wagons. Because again, the rules, the rules they wrote in no ambiguous, uncertain wording, say that if the Catcher has the ball, he's free to obstruct to tag the runner.

eznark

Banned
Goddamn.

I can't wait until someone tries this and the shitstorm that will follow.

I proposed it on twitter and the solution was the catcher standing behind home plate (like, dugout side since to the side of the plate is clearly notenough) and making the tag. This would result in a hilarious situation where the catcher would have to catch the ball then turn around and sprint AWAY from the runner to cross the plate first then reach back and tag.

I now love this rule.

Malvingt2

I wonder who will be the first person to stop, take a phone call, and walk past the ump signaling for his free run.

atlmilfight2.gif

He is the one... he better do it.

Malvingt2

Alex Pavlovic ‏@AlexPavlovic 2m
It's official: Matt Duffy, Jarrett Parker called up from Double-A Richmond. Uggla, Colvin designated for assignment.

jakncoke

Banned
The catcher rule is a fucking joke and I hope the next commish throws it out or severely changes the wording of it. Pirates have literally had it called on them this season, but in the same game opposing catchers doing the same not called on them. Hell iirc we even had NY screw us over on it like twice. Its like the ump and ny choose when and where they feel like enforcing it.

lol between his average and uggla you guys must of been pulling your hair out

Schafer never played ever. He was a literal non-factor. All he did was pinch-run really. He was probably de-motivated as fuck when he did hit. He was great last year hitting .300 and did everything to win the job from B.J.Upton until that ankle injury fucked up his season.

jakncoke

Banned
Schafer never played ever. He was a literal non-factor. All he did was pinch-run really. He was probably de-motivated as fuck when he did hit. He was great last year hitting .300 and did everything to win the job from B.J.Upton until that ankle injury fucked up his season.

Ah, I just noticed his .163 average

Guess i should of looked at his PA/AB as well :p

yah other then the money im not sure why he didnt get more time to split with BJ again this year. too bad his last effort as a brave was getting picked off at second

Malvingt2

Ben Cafardo ‏@Ben_ESPN 3m
ESPN has selected 2 @Athletics games for Sunday Night Baseball in August. 8/17 at @Braves and 8/24 hosting @Angels. 1st SNB in Oak since '05

Malo

Banned
Was told today #Phillies wanted either Aaron Judge or Luis Severino for Marlon Byrd. #Yankees fans should be glad that didn't happen.

— Dan Pfeiffer (@danpfeiffer74) August 1, 2014
lol fuck off amaro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom