• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT| This Year, We Put Some Mustard on It.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macattk15

The one thing that excites me about Smoak is he usually SUCKS from one side of the plate or the other.

Hit a double and that BOMB last night lefty .... single and a double tonight righty.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/04/01/4033577/marlins-president-david-samson.html

"I really do not like long lines at concessions, but any time you have 30,000 people all trying to eat at once, there will be lines," Samson said.

"We're never going to have 35,000 people in here and not have complaints. For soccer, concerts, whatever; it won't happen. I'm sorry for the fans. I want every fan to have a perfect experience."

Callers to WQAM's Joe Rose show on Tuesday morning ripped Samson and the Marlins for ruining their Opening Day experience. Some said they waited in line for food for three to four innings. Others said their food was cold, and concessions ran out of ice. Samson said the Marlins did not run out of food or ice, and that long lines were the result of a late-arriving crowd.

"Was there someone who didn't get ice? Was there someone who spent a few minutes with an incompetent cashier? Was there pizza or a hamburger that came out cold? Guaranteed. Were those the people that call in to those talk-radio shows? Guaranteed. But out of 35,000 people in house, how many people had good service and good food? Why would they call in for that?"

Samson said the Marlins had double the usual staffing at all concession stands, as well as extra police to help direct traffic. Samson said an accident near the stadium slowed traffic down before the game, and then multiple lane closures on I-95 along with the conclusion of the Heat game — at the same time as the Monday’s Marlins game — made leaving the park and area tough.

"One of the things we talk to our fans about is don't just take 836 [the Dolphin Expressway] to 12th Avenue," Samson said. "We tell people there are so many different ways to get to this ballpark. But everyone was taking the same way. So there was so much more load into the area from two choke points.

"I got a complaint from a guy who said he left his house at 6:30. I said, 'Sir, I'm so sorry, but I've got to tell you it's Opening Day. You know there's going to be a crowd— it's going to be big. He said, 'Well, I just figured I was going to be able to do it.’ ”

This fucking guy.

Only person who could ruin a 2-0 start

That would be his 3rd. No coming back from that one.
This along with the news of Kershaw out for this month. Not a great day for Dodger fans.

Godspeed Wilson.

y3083HZ.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom