• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT| This Year, We Put Some Mustard on It.

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Rays are hyping up a major baseball related announcement for Noon EST today.

Wil Myers extension pls

or maybe David Price just to shock the world

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Montreal!

Hey that'd be cool too.

Still think there are a lot of other cities that deserve a team before Montreal.

But theres a lot of other teams that deserve the Rays more than Tampa/St. Pete. There were like fucking 12k people at the game last night, shit is just pathetic.

Sanjuro

Hey that'd be cool too.

Still think there are a lot of other cities that deserve a team before Montreal.

But theres a lot of other teams that deserve the Rays more than Tampa/St. Pete. There were like fucking 12k people at the game last night, shit is just pathetic.

I can't think of many. Portland, Las Vegas, Seattle?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I can't think of many. Portland, Las Vegas, Seattle?

Portland is definitely the best choice. Charlotte, Vancouver, Brooklyn, and Oklahoma City.

Of course Oklahoma City will get their team when the Mariners decide to move out of Safeco in 10 years or so.

But they should move the Rays to Montreal because those fans got gutted and deserve a winner. Fuck Bud Selig.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
The big mystery is over!

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal
Sources: #Rays agree to six-year extension with RHP Chris Archer in range of $25M. Deal begins this season and includes two club options.

Wasn't the guy I was expecting but cool.

BFIB

Sitting up here at work today. Looking down at Busch Stadium and new Ballpark Village. Can't wait for the Cards home opener!

Fox318

nK491bJ.jpg

Blame Bud for that.

He has let the league slip into irrelevancy.

Branduil

Man I didn't realize so many New Yorkers moved to Virginia, North Carolina, Florida, Louisiana, New Mexico, Utah, Montana, Nebraska, Alaska, and Hawaii.

thefro

Man I didn't realize so many New Yorkers moved to Virginia, North Carolina, Florida, Louisiana, New Mexico, Utah, Montana, Nebraska, Alaska, and Hawaii.

Florida makes sense but the rest are probably a combination of NY transplants + bandwagon fans.

aFIGurANT

Sitting up here at work today. Looking down at Busch Stadium and new Ballpark Village. Can't wait for the Cards home opener!

What's your vote on who should get the two honorary HoF spots at the Village? Here's the list:
From now until April 22, fans can vote at Cardinals.com/HOF for up to two of the eight candidates -- [Matt] Morris, Keith Hernandez, Jim Edmonds, Bob Forsch, Willie McGee, Mark McGwire, Ted Simmons and Joe Torre.

I didn't follow baseball early enough to know what positions McGee, Forsch and Simmons played but I would go with Edmonds and McGwire just based on the fact they're pretty firmly associated with STL whereas some of the others aren't.

BFIB

What's your vote on who should get the two honorary HoF spots at the Village? Here's the list:

I didn't follow baseball early enough to know what positions McGee, Forsch and Simmons played but I would go with Edmonds and McGwire just based on the fact they're pretty firmly associated with STL whereas some of the others aren't.

Forsch was a pitcher, he actually passed away last year. Simmons was a catcher, and McGee was our stud CF in the 80's.

I'd probably go Torre and Edmonds. Torre because I kind of feel he gets lost the shuffle among past Cards great, and Edmonds because I doubt he makes it into the HoF, but he put up some great numbers while he was here.

And here I was happy that MLB Network was carrying the Tigers/Royals game today, so I could actually watch it.

Only it's blacked out...in Virginia. What?

Pryce

Ryan Walton ‏@RyanWaltonVBN 7m
Talking with people in and around #Dodgers organization last night and this morning, there is a belief that Kershaw could be out until June

why god.

Askani

3-0 count, runners on first a second, 1 out...hits into a double play.

First pitch swing, runner on first, 1 out...lines into an unassisted double play to first.

Billy Butler, ladies and gentleman.

EDIT:::::

And then a Detroit home run right behind it. Great.

Willie McGee was a star CF for them.

carlos

Garza and Harang both have no hitters going into the 6th....never expected myself to be saying that

edit: damnit, Cygnus

Unblock us has been a godsend for finding a way around the blackouts.

It should be like HBO where you pay and can watch.

Also, If you want to watch games in your own market maybe it could cost a little more to help offset the costs or whatever reason they have for blacking out games.

Runus

I see the Brewers have a no hitter, that's good that they have a no hitter. Maybe the no hitter will continue. No hitters are fun. No hitter, no hitter, no hitter. :)

I see the Brewers have a no hitter, that's good that they have a no hitter. Maybe the no hitter will continue. No hitters are fun. No hitter, no hitter, no hitter. :)

The Atlanta Braves SP Aaron Harang is also throwing a no-hitter. I wish him the best of luck in his endeavor, but he won't need it, as his attempt is guaranteed to succeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom