• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT2| - Derek Jeter Appreciation Thread

RGVNOE

2 big leads in 2 straight games and the Cards cough them up. Its astounding how we are still only 1.5 games back.

as bad as the team has been this year I'm still surprised we've been able to stay in the race, makes me wonder how bad the others have been as well

@RCQuakes 8m
MID 5: Urias strikes out the side for the second time tonight. He has 8 Ks, 2 BB in five scoreless. Only one hit allowed. #Quakes up 2-0.

@JaredJMassey 6m
Urias' ERA now sits at 2.51. In the Cal League. He just turned 18. He's awesome.

@RCQuakes 1m
END 5: #Quakes come up empty in the 5th, but still lead 2-0. Julio Urias back out for the 6th. Has not gone past 5 IP this year.

Edit:

@RCQuakes 2m
Final line for Urias: 5.1 IP (season-high), 2 H, 0 ER, 3 BB, 9 K. Third-straigh outing of 5 IP with 9 Ks for Urias.

RGVNOE

Hopefully Rosenthal can save it

Edit: .5 games out of first now, Rosenthal should still be removed from that role though

as bad as the team has been this year I'm still surprised we've been able to stay in the race, makes me wonder how bad the others have been as well
Offense has hit like crap, our best position player and 2nd best pitcher have been out the past month and a half, and yet we're still in the race. Things could be worse.

But we really need to get Waino and Rosenthal sorted out to make a serious run.

RGVNOE

Offense has hit like crap, our best position player and 2nd best pitcher have been out the past month and a half, and yet we're still in the race. Things could be worse.

But we really need to get Waino and Rosenthal sorted out to make a serious run.

hopefully both can get on track and hopefully Yadi and Wacha can come back soon as well, and also hopefully some of the September call ups can make an impact down the stretch

Sealion88

@RCQuakes 8m
MID 5: Urias strikes out the side for the second time tonight. He has 8 Ks, 2 BB in five scoreless. Only one hit allowed. #Quakes up 2-0.

@JaredJMassey 6m
Urias' ERA now sits at 2.51. In the Cal League. He just turned 18. He's awesome.

@RCQuakes 1m
END 5: #Quakes come up empty in the 5th, but still lead 2-0. Julio Urias back out for the 6th. Has not gone past 5 IP this year.

Edit:

@RCQuakes 2m
Final line for Urias: 5.1 IP (season-high), 2 H, 0 ER, 3 BB, 9 K. Third-straigh outing of 5 IP with 9 Ks for Urias.

the second coming of fernandomania?

jakncoke

Banned
Guess today is our turn for crazy stupid things to occur. No sweep. :/

I'm not looking forward to next season without Martin. It's going to be ugly...

To be fair it would of been ugly with Sanchez/Stewart anyways, both are are far less capable at throwing men out and painting corners.

Marte!!!!

Parch

Anyone know if I get to go back to the Jays' game if the protest is upheld or do they resell tickets? I was there.
You probably should, but it'll probably be added to an existing game and not resold as a separate game since it would be resumed in the 4th. Don't know how they can let you see a partial game unless they do a split double header.

Looks like the league hasn't made a decision yet. It's a pretty big mess up. All because the stupid umps don't know the rules.

You probably should, but it'll probably be added to an existing game and not resold as a separate game since it would be resumed in the 4th. Don't know how they can let you see a partial game unless they do a split double header.

Looks like the league hasn't made a decision yet. It's a pretty big mess up. All because the stupid umps don't know the rules.

Yeah. I imagine it would get tacked on another game. Another option is having the innings redone only if the game is important to the standings at the end of the year.

This game is crazy.

My wife is on a flight to Boston right now for work, I told her to take my M's hat and wear it there. She didn't take me up on it.

RGVNOE

Getting blown out by the Phillies, shameful. Can't believe we were actually in first place a little over a month ago. Seems like much longer than that.

I think Martinez is better than Masterson, I still don't understand the move for him when we still have a weak bench and a lineup that's not living up to its potential

Top Bottom