• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT2| - Derek Jeter Appreciation Thread

eznark

Banned
Brewers lit him up in his first start as a Cardinal if I recall, but yeah he did seem like an acquisition meant solely for the Brewers.

Fox318

Guy I radio is complaining that baseball games are too short. Days he gets more baseball for money in a 5 hour game than a 2 hour game

BFIB

To be fair, he was starting a game against seven lefties and he has pretty ridiculous splits.

He's been awful so far but that didn't help. Would have rather see him go against the Brewers or maybe the Pirates.

At this point, why not call up Lyons? Get a lefty in the rotation. Can't do any worse.

jakncoke

Banned
So we sent Polanco down for the last week of AAA to help protect us against Super 2, I know he struggling lately and against lefties as a whole this season, but goddamn penny pinching shit ownership.

At this point, why not call up Lyons? Get a lefty in the rotation. Can't do any worse.

I think he probably gets one more start before expanded rosters at which point it doesn't really matter. He may not even get that because his next start is a double header so they can call up Lyons anyway.

I think that he could potentially be a good ROOGY down the stretch and maybe in the playoffs. That's probably his future in the majors anyway.

jakncoke

Banned
Why even do that? I'm sure he'll remember that once he gets to FA.

I dunno tbh, He already turned down a deal rumored to be in the 65 million range if all options were exercised.

John Lackey throws 62.7 percent of his fastballs outside or on the outside part of the strike zone, which is the highest percent among qualified pitchers. Josh Harrison has a .369 batting average against fastballs in that zone, which is sixth among qualified hitters this year.

Anyone know the top 5?

aFIGurANT

Molina and Wacha headed to Springfield to begin their rehab assignments.

Wacha! I really hope he avoids the nickel-and-dime injury treatment that McCarthy went through when his stress reaction hit. The last couple of months have shown that this injury isn't a career-ender in terms of the latter's success in NY. I'm really just praying he's the same pitcher. And even if Yadi hits .200 just having him there to stop the running game will be huge in and of itself.

cashman

Banned
AggressiveShimmeringBushsqueaker.gif

Difference is Sheffield only struck out 10% of the time for his career and walked more than he struck out. You can't be a free swinger and not make contact at a high clip.

Yeah but Baez is only 21. I'd give him some time. Rizzo had some of the same troubles when he was coming up.
Worst comes to worst he's a 35 HR 2B.

jakncoke

Banned
I've lost count of the amount of leads our bullpen has blown.

That's the difference between this season and the last.

Yep, We surpassed last years number in like early June.Its just like fuck. And here Justin Wilson just pitched a 8 ft fall fastball

he's been very hittable and lacking command, dont know how much more Matheny needs to see him struggle to realize he should remove him from this role
Losing command and velocity simultaneously is never good. I just hope he isn't hurt and is fixable. Even if he gets removed from the closer role, we still need him as an integral part of the bullpen. Especially if C-Mart knocks Masterson out of the rotation.

aFIGurANT

he's been very hittable and lacking command, dont know how much more Matheny needs to see him struggle to realize he should remove him from this role
If he keeps getting that changeup over for strikes let him do his thing. I would hate to see the Boggs thing happen to Neshek, too. That kind of weird shit happens just often enough to make you think is my perspective.

RGVNOE

Losing command and velocity simultaneously is never good. I just hope he isn't hurt and is fixable. Even if he gets removed from the closer role, we still need him as an integral part of the bullpen. Especially if C-Mart knocks Masterson out of the rotation.

yea I know we need him, it's just frustrating to watch at times, and have never felt the lead is secure with him coming in this year, reminds me of Izzy's last days here, he always made it interesting at the end

Top Bottom