• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT2| - Derek Jeter Appreciation Thread

harSon

Banned
That's all on Hurdle. Don't get leaving Cole in; the no-hitter was already broken up anyway and he was at like 105 ish pitches. Not to mention he come to bat with Marte on 1st.

He's known for leaving pitchers in 8429084209384290348324782937392874892374923874343 outs to many. Although I don't blame him considering our bullpen is horse shit.

rando14

Seattle Mariners ‏@Mariners now
#Mariners extend Executive VP & GM of Baseball Operations Jack Zduriencik to a multi-year contract.

Mariners gonna Mariner.

iy8t8NAPoKomm.gif

Couldn't even wait until the season's over? -_-

BFIB

I don't think Maness got a single ground ball that inning. I think the guy's great but with two baserunners on that should've been a sign.

You knew Hurdle was going to pinch hit with Davis there. I knew it. Everyone knew it, except Matheny. Dude has made some really terrible managing decisions this year.

RGVNOE

where the hell was Neshek that innning? I know he wasn't saving him for the 9th he still has full confidence in Rosenthal

You knew Hurdle was going to pinch hit with Davis there. I knew it. Everyone knew it, except Matheny. Dude has made some really terrible managing decisions this year.
You're telling me hiring a guy with zero professional coaching experience might not have been the best move? His bunting fetish has tapered off some but his bullpen management is awful.

BFIB

where the hell was Neshek that innning? I know he wasn't saving him for the 9th he still has full confidence in Rosenthal
I guess he figured if its not Davis, it's Mercer in. Either way, you force Hurdle to bring in his PH, then bring in the reliever.

Matheny cost us there.

RGVNOE

You're telling me hiring a guy with zero professional coaching experience might not have been the best move? His bunting fetish has tapered off some but his bullpen management is awful.

Never understood why Dewitt, and the front office chose him, I truly thought Oquendo would take over, or Francona when they interviewed him

It's not even so much that Maness was going up against a lefty. He just clearly wasn't right. When your ground ball guy doesn't give up a single ground ball in four batters you should know that there's a problem.

RGVNOE

It's not even so much that Maness was going up against a lefty. He just clearly wasn't right. When your ground ball guy doesn't give up a single ground ball in four batters you should know that there's a problem.

he's struggled to get the ground ball this year like last, his fly ball % has gone up this year and has been getting hit hard more often

Knowing Matheny's dumb ass he'll put Maness right back in if the same situation arises tomorrow

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
About to lose the season series to the Cubs for the first time since 1901.
Feels bad, man.

Where's that hanging frog? Can we give him a reds cap?

Top Bottom