• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT2| - Derek Jeter Appreciation Thread

Just watched the video. Wtf 1st base ump ejecting Kersh..
Laz Diaz thinks because he's wearing an umpire uniform that he can throw his weight around the place. I doubt anything Kershaw said was bad enough to be ejected for. These days you can't even breathe the same air near an umpire or else be tossed out.

But just think: all those people who bought a ticket just to see Laz Diaz got to see their hero in action.

Seriously, though: I'm pretty pro-labour in general, but umpires make me want to support union-busting.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Is baseball still going on? Somebody forgot to tell the Reds this critical information.

We'll be dead last before this fucking awful season is over.

eznark

Banned
Brewers need to play .420 to finish above .500 this year.

It's almost (almost!) unbelievable that this seems like an insurmountable task.

Brewers are the new Braves.

thefro

Yesterday was Cubs rookie hazing day

Jorge Soler got Superman
488Yagi.jpg

The rest of the Justice League
1yrwoqe.jpg

Next year's schedule is out. Every team will play the Monday after Sunday's opening game. I think that's awesome. Before some team played two days after. Also seems like Mets and Yanks will only play three games at Yankee Stadium.

Aweosme, that Opening Day National Holiday thing is never going to happen, but just on the off chance it does, this is the right move... make every team play on the same day and have it be a Monday.

Fox318

Next year's schedule is out. Every team will play the Monday after Sunday's opening game. I think that's awesome. Before some team played two days after. Also seems like Mets and Yanks will only play three games at Yankee Stadium.

Wilbons have to be upset about that.

Those are 3 games at citi that will cell out

BFIB

Cards promote Pham for outfield depth.

It is just astounding how deep our outfield is. Not even counting Piscotty.

jakncoke

Banned
Man I thought that was going

Ball is carrying tonight

Obviously hit in front the plate. How is that play not reviewable though?

MARTAY PARTAY!!!

Locke pitched really well tonight, now to get some insurance runs

Go Pirates!

Goins is really good on defense. Hopefully he can finally hit.

He never really has, so he's not going to now. Considering how terrible the defense is otherwise, though...I don't know, I think if they're going to go all out on offense for the other positions, I think they could stand to have one all-glove, no-bat guy surrounded by eight no-glove, good-hit guys.

aFIGurANT

Oh lawd Matt Adams gets Ondrusek's game so hard. Murder-urdered.

Also: It seems like somehow Shelby was channeling that start he had in Cincy back before the playoff's in '12. His ceiling is still as high now as it was then imo.

RGVNOE

Also: It seems like somehow Shelby was channeling that start he had in Cincy back before the playoff's in '12. His ceiling is still as high now as it was then imo.

yeah I agree with you about Shelby, he's only 23 and still developing

jakncoke

Banned
Raise. Using this stretch to leap frog us into WC2 with the help of the Brewers collapse.

Edit: wow Pirates havent had a winning streak above 4 games yet this season.

Definitely. Think a lot of people wanted to give up on him (myself included at times) because of the rough year he's been having, but he's still so young. Last few starts have been promising.

If Miller keeps going at it like this the Cardinals playoff rotation would be pretty incredible at this point

aFIGurANT

If Miller keeps going at it like this the Cardinals playoff rotation would be pretty incredible at this point

It all really comes down to Wacha when looking at a five game October set. Wainwright, Lynn, Wacha, Miller could be deadly. Or it could be a question mark. Thank the baseball gods no one has to make a decision today though because that would be tough to put either of the last two ahead of the grizzled Lackey and his "bulldog" makeup, etc.

Top Bottom