• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016-2017 Offseason |OT| At Least Next Year is an Odd Numbered Year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BFIB

Cards release Bryan Pena. What a terrible signing that was.

The Twins have hired Torii Hunter as a special assistant. He'll be providing guidance to the players. Someone get Lambtron off the ledge.

Buster Olney ‏@Buster_ESPN 17m17 minutes ago
Sources: Club officials understand that if sufficient progress isn't made this week in CBA talks, teams won't participate in winter meetings

Buckle in boys and gals.

What's going to happen is the players association is going to blink, and we're going to end up with thousands of LA kids being screwed over by an international draft.

But hey those 20 some odd players who get QO'ed every year will be able to earn slightly more money on the market.

Malo

Banned
What's going to happen is the players association is going to blink, and we're going to end up with thousands of LA kids being screwed over by an international draft.

But hey those 20 some odd players who get QO'ed every year will be able to earn slightly more money on the market.
Where's the avatar...

Where's the avatar...

My PS license expired, I just got it back and have been working on it.

aredmic.jpg

It's this with some... flourishes.

Mortemis

Banned

Sadly this will happen.

Let's hope that an international draft doesn't happen, or at least worst case doesn't happen where the international talent pool gets much smaller.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day

Frozenprince'd

rando14

Good trade IMO. Jackson is obv a 1st round pick so he has potential but iirc he hasn't made it past lo-A

Why did Seattle do that?

We need pitching depth, and Dipoto is basically cleaning house of picks from the Jack Z era. I like both guys we got, hopefully this works out for both teams

Jackson has a contact tool of around 30 so, it's basically just betting that they can fix him.

At this point, he's worth pretty much what they got for him.

Between his postseason broadcasting and the totes adorbs tweets of his family, Alex Rodriguez has become one of my favorite people in baseball.

2016 is a weird timeline to be on.

CygnusXS

You know what, Jackson hasn't been as bad as I thought. Add him to the stable.

Edit:
John ManuelVerified account
‏@johnmanuelba
Max Povse was slated to rank No. 20 on BA top 30 for very deep #Braves system. Mariners Top 10 comes Wednesday; I'd expect him in it

Christopher CrawfordVerified account
‏@Crawford_MILB
Povse MIGHT be the best starting pitching prospect in Seattle's system now. Plus fastball, plus change, pounds the strike zone.

RBH

Makes sense from the Braves perspective.......trade from an area of strength for an area of weakness (power), but looking at Alex Jackson's stat line makes me think that he's Travis Demeritte 2.0.........that K rate is a little higher than I'd like. Hopefully a change of scenery will help him.

CygnusXS

Makes sense from the Braves perspective.......trade from an area of strength for an area of weakness (power), but looking at Alex Jackson's stat line makes me think that he's Travis Demeritte 2.0.........that K rate is a little higher than I'd like. Hopefully a change of scenery will help him.

Demeritte at least gives you plus defense up the middle and good speed, plus walks and demonstrated in-game power. Big difference in present value between them.

Mortemis

Banned
Jackson has struggled with contact even back in high school iirc, never been too high on him. The power is great though. Edit: may be a lil too harsh. He improved a lot from the first half of the season, and that first half is what brings down his overall line. He's only 20 too so it's good.

This trade seems ok right now, but I'm not too knowledgeable about other team's prospects so it's not that much to me.

You know what, Jackson hasn't been as bad as I thought. Add him to the stable.

Edit:

Yeah... our starting pitching aspect of our farm is abysmal, and that's not saying the position player part is any good either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom