• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016-2017 Offseason |OT| At Least Next Year is an Odd Numbered Year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malo

Banned
Gleaner Torres named best prospect in the AFL by Baseball America.

Heavy price the Cubs paid for Chapman, but certainly turned out to be worth it.

Damn the Yanks are going to be scary in the next few years. Rebooting that dynasty.
Empire strikes back coming 2019.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Jerry CrasnickVerified account
‏@jcrasnick

The #Blue Jays are among the teams making a push for Jay Bruce, sources say. They're in serious need of corner OF help.

Desperate times?

bebop242

350 career OBP against Righties and Lefties and can play all over the outfield. Fits rights into the Maddon mold.

They are gonna ease in Almora in center.

Yeah I see that too. I was foolish and holding out hope that Fowler would resign. With Ross gone as well I hope that doesn't change the clubhouse too much. I believe Jay is a freind of Heyward as well so maybe that will help Heyward.

gamz

Yeah I see that too. I was foolish and holding out hope that Fowler would resign. With Ross gone as well I hope that doesn't change the clubhouse too much. I believe Jay is a freind of Heyward as well so maybe that will help Heyward.

They've pegged and talked with Jay quite a bit before signing him. Good clubhouse guys and more depth.

Why do I feel like Fowler is going to the Cards? argh!

BFIB

They've pegged and talked with Jay quite a bit before signing him. Good clubhouse guys and more depth.

Why do I feel like Fowler is going to the Cards? argh!

I'm not so sure. Fowler defensively isn't much better than what we have in Grichuk. Unless they are wanting to ensure Carp moves down in the order?

Seems like a lot of round robin going on if the Cards do sign Fowler w/ the Cards and Cubs.

Im thinking Heyward might be getting a lot more time in CF too so they can get Zobrist's bat in RF and Schwarber in Lf. I think Soler gets moved if we can get a pitcher for him.

if he performs like he did last year then i will gladly take that. 8 mil is worth around 1 win, and he was at 1.1 in 90 games last season.

It's definitely a perfectly fine signing and is the amount hes probably worth. I do worry about his multiple injuries and BABIP-heavy play style, but $8m is chump change in baseball.

I'll enjoy seeing Cardinals run on his arm, though.
and still get out, because Cardinals suck at baserunning

gamz

Im thinking Heyward might be getting a lot more time in CF too so they can get Zobrist's bat in RF and Schwarber in Lf. I think Soler gets moved if we can get a pitcher for him.

His value is crap right now. Not sure if you'd get much unless it's a package.

The rest of your post is assuming no injuries and Zob is more of a 110-120 games guy now.

JoseDFrog

Banned
Can someone help find Hal's wallet? He lost it at this time last year and he's going to need it this winter before all the sales are gone.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Source: Edwin Encarnacion to sign with #Astros tomorrow.

Tomorrow meaning today. Take with a massive grain of salt, I don't know why a White Sox blogger would be reporting on this.

Another White Sox guy said the same thing.

He has decent sources within the White Sox org, maybe those teams are talking Sale/Quintana. I don't know.

I can't remember, but Quintana would be the cheaper deal, so to speak. As in no Springer/Bregman required, yes?

I wonder if the Jays don't look at Fowler, and instead maybe gun for McCutchen, especially if the Pirates have said they are open to fielding offers from him.

Then again, I don't know what the starting point for that hypothetical trade is. Stroman I think is a no go.

If that happens I expect a Fowler announcement shortly after. And much gloating from Cosmic.

Well yeah, that's a given, like the sun rising from the east.

BFIB

Let's be honest. Beane has been a trash GM since the rest of the league took what he built and improved on it.

Let's be honest. Beane has been a trash GM since the rest of the league took what he built and improved on it.

Well, it's David Forst. But Beane is still in as VP of baseball ops.

But yes, Beane has gotten worse. As much as Queso likes to say otherwise, the Donaldson trade was basically premeditated on Beane getting scared after losing to the Royals in 2014, and starting a hasty rebuild.

He is not the sabermetric god that he was in the early 2000's. In fact, I'd say he is coasting on past glories.

BFIB

Well, it's David Forst. But Beane is still in as VP of baseball ops.

But yes, Beane has gotten worse. As much as Queso likes to say otherwise, the Donaldson trade was basically premeditated on Beane getting scared after losing to the Royals in 2014, and starting a hasty rebuild.

He is not the sabermetric god that he was in the early 2000's. In fact, I'd say he is coasting on past glories.
That's right, he's not the GM. Good call. But, I'm still pretty sure he's calling the shots on the moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom