• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016-2017 Offseason |OT| At Least Next Year is an Odd Numbered Year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BFIB

That is one strange move by the Brewers. Carter wasn't great but I still think he's a much better bet than giving Thames 3 yrs and buying into his KBO numbers.

Only reason I see them doing this is that Thames fared better defensively and can steal a base or two. I'm assuming Carter would also command a higher AAV, so the Brewers freed up some cash also.

Other than that, I agree, Thames will likely revert back to his .250/300 slash line he had prior.

EDIT: Just read that the Cards are interested in Turner? Can he play CF?

How much was the mlb tv last year? I believe they have an option to watch just one team?

There is a 1 team package that allows you to follow your team for 84.99

But the caveat is you can only watch the road broadcast.

If you are in Canada it is probably cheaper and better to grab SN Now considering for 24.99 CDN, you get all the Jays games alongside other SN programming.

BFIB

How much was the mlb tv last year? I believe they have an option to watch just one team?

What team do you normally watch? If its regional blackout, then MLB.TV won't be much help. I went to PSVue or Sling for that option.

Only reason I see them doing this is that Thames fared better defensively and can steal a base or two. I'm assuming Carter would also command a higher AAV, so the Brewers freed up some cash also.

Other than that, I agree, Thames will likely revert back to his .250/300 slash line he had prior.

EDIT: Just read that the Cards are interested in Turner? Can he play CF?

Our current 3B is a Gyorko/Peralta "platoon." If Turner doesn't cost a lot, I'm fine with him. And look to the trade market for a CF (possibly trading Gyorko while his value is highest).

Hey bro, i see you keeping up with the WBC news also!

I'm starting to get excited. With the success the Jays have been having, Baseball Canada would be insane not to capitalize on the nationalistic fervor going over Canadian baseball.

But knowing the Pool we're in, chances are we get bounced pretty early.

Choomp

Banned
I'm kind of intrigued too because it looks like Team USA might be somewhat serious. Hopefully some more big names come on board, I saw Stanton was considering it

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Astros were reportedly in on Cespedes. Now looks like they are going after EE.

Who needs starting pitching? :p

giphy.gif

GOD IS GOOD Y'ALL!!!!!!!!!!!

BFIB

I feel like I need to save these Mets posts. For when the revert to Mest and the heel turn on Cespedes takes place.

Agent for Encarnacion saying Jays are showing 'the most love'

Paul Kinzer told TSN in an interview Tuesday that three teams have told him that they’re waiting for Major League Baseball to sign a new collective labour agreement before making Encarnacion a contract offer. Baseball's CBA expires on Thursday. It's unclear whether MLB would lock out players if the deal expires before a new deal is reached.

Kinzer noted the $27.5-million-per-year deal reached Tuesday between the New York Mets and outfielder Yoenis Cespedes, calling it a good comparable.

“[Cespedes] is a great player,” Kinzer said. “Edwin is the biggest offensive force on the market, so it doesn’t look like we were out of line with our expectations.”

Kinzer previously told TSN that he hoped to secure a five-year contract with Encarnacion worth at least $125 million.

Gleaner Torres named best prospect in the AFL by Baseball America.

Heavy price the Cubs paid for Chapman, but certainly turned out to be worth it.

Damn the Yanks are going to be scary in the next few years. Rebooting that dynasty.

gamz

Gleaner Torres named best prospect in the AFL by Baseball America.

Heavy price the Cubs paid for Chapman, but certainly turned out to be worth it.

Damn the Yanks are going to be scary in the next few years. Rebooting that dynasty.

I'd do the trade again today. Worth 108 years.

Still glad we held on to jimenez over Torres.

Eloy will be a fucking monster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom