• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016-2017 Offseason |OT| At Least Next Year is an Odd Numbered Year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malvingt2

Mark Bowman ‏@mlbbowman
Acquisition of Garcia does not necessarily end the Braves' search for a potential ace. So the Sale/Archer/Gray rumors will continue to

Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeyman
Cards got 3 prospects from braves for jaime

3? the hell?

Mark Bowman ‏@mlbbowman
Acquisition of Garcia does not necessarily end the Braves' search for a potential ace. So the Sale/Archer/Gray rumors will continue to

Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeyman
Cards got 3 prospects from braves for jaime

3? the hell?

If Jaime plays to the best of his ability the Braves could easily flip him at the trade deadline. That's a big If, though

Malvingt2

Joel Sherman ‏@Joelsherman1
Can confirm Garcia to #Braves #stlcards get Luke Dykstra
Chris Ellis

It seems is 2..

wait it is 3

There is a 3d prospect #Braves are moving to #stlcards besides Dykstra and Ellis

Chris Ellis

It seems is 2..

wait it is 3

There is a 3d prospect #Braves are moving to #stlcards besides Dykstra and Ellis
John Gant also going.

maxresdefault.jpg

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Known sexual predator Jung Ho Kang has been arrested for leaving the scene of an accident and a DUI.

His career should be done soon.

Malvingt2

‏@mlbbowman
Now a possibility Wisler and Blair start w/ Gwinnett. But if ATL deals for a top SP, good chance Folty, Blair or Wisler would be included

RBH

Chris Ellis

It seems is 2..

wait it is 3

John Gant also going.

I'm ok with this.

Worth it to see if Garcia rebounds. Didn't really give up too much.

TalkingChop seems kinda meh on the trade, but I don't have an issue with it.

BFIB

I'm ok with this.

Worth it to see if Garcia rebounds. Didn't really give up too much.

TalkingChop seems kinda meh on the trade, but I don't have an issue with it.
When Garcia is on, he's almost a top rotation type starter. Injuries and issues between the ears creep in though. It's a good move, gives the Braves another year to develop and those three starters can net some gains at the deadline.

When Garcia is on, he's almost a top rotation type starter. Injuries and issues between the ears creep in though. It's a good move, gives the Braves another year to develop and those three starters can net some gains at the deadline.
Last year makes me wonder if he's already in steady decline. Unless there was an injury we don't know about...

Still, being able to bounce back from 3 different pitching injuries to be a serviceable MLB starter is impressive.

Mortemis

Banned
so it only applies to true free agents?

posted players are not actually free agents, right? so i wonder if they are really swept up into this?

Yeah I'm interested too. I remember reading that if Otani was posted this year he'd be only eligible for a minor league contract, (per Baseball America). I would assume it'd still be the same when they do increase the age limit.

Beckx

Reading multiple sources on Twitter that say posted players are subject to the cap too.

The funny thing is these guys realizing they created an "Ohtani problem" - they clearly intended to expand the rules so they don't have to pay as much for talent but then realized it affected this player in particular. Screwing others? No problem!

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Reading multiple sources on Twitter that say posted players are subject to the cap too.
I highly doubt that.
So apparently Omar Vizquel has been replaced as Venezuela's skipper for the WBC. And the Venezuela team is about to revolt.

http://www.thescore.com/news/1171677
Sucks to be eddie perez I guess.

edit:
@DOBrienAJC A press conference has been scheduled for today. Perez said he doesn't know anything and he's Vizquel's bench coach.
https://twitter.com/ceuyoyi/status/804663941326577664

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom