• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016-2017 Offseason |OT| At Least Next Year is an Odd Numbered Year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
So I decided to check out Naruto for the first time in years...almost a decade actually now that I think about it.

What.....what is this...

UrCUaI8.gif

1wdUlEB.gif

Mortemis

Banned
It's just a bit in the ending credits sequence unfortunately.

I'd totally watch a sports spinoff involving crazy super ninja powers though.

We need something like a Kuroko's Baseball. The fastball that's like a light beam, the bat that always makes contact, etc.

Shit would be hype

They are right to ask for the moon for Sale, but I could see why teams are balking. Cheap, solid prospects are already valuable, but with teams potentially going to have to scale back payroll they become even more valuable, especially for a team like the Dodgers. Being able to replace Adrian Gonzalez $20 million salary in a year or two with Cody Bellinger making pennies in comparison while possibly not losing much in terms of production will make things easier to budget for them.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Moletran is back after all my hate lol figures

I wanted Encarnacion, wonder if that can still happen.

edit: nm, Crane basically said only looking for pitching now and happy not having to toss a ton of money for a longer deal.

Encarnacion gonna be a Yankee imo

Joey Votto maintains that he wants to say in Cincy, so please stop with the Toronto rumors

Reds first baseman Joey Votto, who has a full no-trade clause and $179MM remaining on his contract, maintains that he would prefer to remain in Cincinnati, as MLB.com’s Mark Sheldon writes. Votto produced an outstanding .326/.434/.550 line in 677 plate appearances last season, and it sounds like he wants to remain a Red as long as the team can still find a use for him. The Reds, of course, are rebuilding, and have traded a long string of veterans in the past couple years, including Todd Frazier, Johnny Cueto, Jay Bruce, Mike Leake and Aroldis Chapman. It sounds, however, like neither Votto nor the Reds have any desire to add Votto to that list, at least not right now.

“I’ve worked really hard to not look [bad] in my career and I’ve worked really hard to be a loyal worker, and I’d like to keep that going,” says Votto. “Until I feel like I’m being shuffled out, you saw [that] last year with Brandon [Phillips], you saw it in Philadelphia with Chase Utley. Until I start feeling like the broom is on my heels, I’ll be a really nice guy. If I feel the broom on my heels, I’ll be a bit of [a jerk]. I’m not going to be a nice guy.”

Votto adds that he looks up to stars in other sports who have been able to play their entire careers with one team. “I admire [the NBA’s] Tim Duncan in San Antonio,” he says. “Never once did you hear about him going anywhere. Or [the NFL’s] Tom Brady in New England. Never once do you hear about him going anywhere, because they hold up to their end of the bargain by performing at a certain level and teams are excited to keep them.”

Reds GM Dick Williams repeats that he has made no efforts to trade Votto this offseason. Two weeks ago, he said he had not spoken with Votto about the possibility of waiving his no-trade clause.

that kind of makes it sound like he wants to stay, but he'll ultimately agree to go if he feels they don't respect his ability anymore

Beckx

We need something like a Kuroko's Baseball. The fastball that's like a light beam, the bat that always makes contact, etc.

Shit would be hype

Kuroko's is one of my favorite things of the last 5+ years so I think about that a lot with baseball. Ace of the Diamond kind of did that with Raichi, Furuya, and Narumiya, but it was still all grounded in reality.

three+ months til Kuroko Final Game movie.

zulux21

They are right to ask for the moon for Sale, but I could see why teams are balking. Cheap, solid prospects are already valuable, but with teams potentially going to have to scale back payroll they become even more valuable, especially for a team like the Dodgers. Being able to replace Adrian Gonzalez $20 million salary in a year or two with Cody Bellinger making pennies in comparison while possibly not losing much in terms of production will make things easier to budget for them.

to be fair the white sox should be asking for the moon and settle for nothing less. Sale's value isn't going to go down in any meaningful way between now and next year unless he has a really bad season.
Will Sale get denied for yet another year?

How many jerseys will he cut up in anger?
if he is denied a move he will be fine with it. He love chicago just has some issues with their choices over uniforms rather than focusing on winning.

It's just a bit in the ending credits sequence unfortunately.

I'd totally watch a sports spinoff involving crazy super ninja powers though.

how about a sports spinoff with crazy pirate powers? if so I think one piece has most sports covered :p

he'll be 37 on opening day and his 110.1 IP 2016 was the first time he's thrown 100 innings since 2007. 3/40 kind of sounded like a lot to me, but who knows. pitchers are weird, and i guess 40 total isn't that huge of a risk.

he'll be 37 on opening day and his 110.1 IP 2016 was the first time he's thrown 100 innings since 2007. 3/40 kind of sounded like a lot to me, but who knows. pitchers are weird, and i guess 40 total isn't that huge of a risk.

He's the only good SP on the market, and the ones available via trade are going to go for a king's ransom. I'd be shocked if he settled for 3/$40 million. I always thought he'd get 3/$60 million (with maybe a buyout for the 3rd year) at a minimum.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Can the Nationals realistically trade for both McCutchen and Sale? Would the play be to trade Robles, Lopez, and Fedde for Cutch, and then Trea Turner, Joe Ross, and Giolito for Sale?

Malo

Banned
Can the Nationals realistically trade for both McCutchen and Sale? Would the play be to trade Robles, Lopez, and Fedde for Cutch, and then Trea Turner, Joe Ross, and Giolito for Sale?
If they include Turner and Ross? They could definitely get both. Don't see them trading either (Turner/Ross) though.

RBH

30578749384_87f27a22a0_z.jpg

MLB The Show 17

Introducing, “Retro Mode,” a retro gameplay experience that pays homage to the classic baseball games many of us grew up playing. Retro Mode allows you to move the pitcher across the pitcher’s rubber and move around the batter’s box with ease, classic on-screen displays, an old school soundtrack, unique sound effects, a throwback pause menu and more.

Retro Mode is entirely separate to the popular Road To The Show, Diamond Dynasty and Franchise game modes. This new way to play MLB The Show is designed to be a fun, throwback game mode that instigates battles on the couch with friends. .
https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...ffey-inspired-retro-mode-for-mlb-the-show-17/

Malo

Banned
I'm not sure how else they do both.
I could see a way that they keep Ross (Robles and Lopez for McCutchen), but Turner would definitely have to be in a trade for Sale ( Turner, Giolito, Freede could get a Sale deal done).

As a braves fan, what would you prefer? The nats trading away their farm plus young cost controlled players like Turner/Ross for McCutchen and Sale, or for them to hold on to their prospects?

Malvingt2

Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeyman
rival execs saying braves won't make dansby swanson available, but team remains interested in chris sale

The Braves continue to talk to the White Sox about star left-hander Chris Sale, and while several big Braves prospects’ names have been exchanged, rival executives have noted that top prospect Dansby Swanson is not being made available in trade talks.

Braves general manager John Coppolella declined comment, per team policy.

The Washington Nationals are believed to have the same stance about their great young outfielder/shortstop Trea Turner, which is no surprise in that case.

The two NL East teams continue to talk to the White Sox nonetheless, as Chicago seems willing to consider young prospects, so long as they have big potential. The Chisox are said to like the Braves’ group of prospects.

Beyond the untouchable Swanson, Atlanta has MLB Pipelines’s #12 (Ozzie Albies), #46 (Sean Newcomb), #60 (Kolby Allard), #77 (Ian Anderson), #89 (Kevin Maiten), and #90 (Mike Soroka) overall prospects.

http://www.fanragsports.com/mlb/heyman-dansby-swanson-not-sale-even-sale/

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
I could see a way that they keep Ross (Robles and Lopez for McCutchen), but Turner would definitely have to be in a trade for Sale ( Turner, Giolito, Freede could get a Sale deal done).

As a braves fan, what would you prefer? The nats trading away their farm plus young cost controlled players like Turner/Ross for McCutchen and Sale, or for them to hold on to their prospects?
Well, I just am not sure that the Pirates would accept a Robles and Lopez deal, but I'm also down in Lopez so who knows.

I'd rather they go all-in and shorten their current window while the Braves are still rebuilding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom