• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016-2017 Offseason |OT| At Least Next Year is an Odd Numbered Year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
jJv0fvC.png
I knew it was coming.

Malvingt2

Sounds like a name from that Key and Peele skit.

Of course, in baseball there's the ever popular, Dick Pole and Rusty Kuntz (but it's pronounced Koontz, but just LOOKING at it yeah)

The Nationals, Astros, Red Sox, Rangers and Braves are at the forefront of the Chris Sale market,

hmm

The Braves have made their love for Sale well know. They are well-stocked with pitching in the minors, but word is the White Sox prefer players closer to the big leagues, if not already in them. By far the Braves’ most valuable young piece is shortstop Dansby Swanson, but he’s a local kid who they’re building around. While the Braves would be a geographic plus for Sale (who lives in Naples, Fla, which may be where the Braves wind up training, or near it) one Sale friend wondered if the team is close enough to contention to make such a move now for a player with only three years to go on his contract.

so maybe not?

Malo

Banned
So the Players are the ones arming themselves for labor war in 2021?
Yes, even though they allowed themselves to get fucked.
Random Twitter Source, but I wish it was true: https://twitter.com/DeckTheCards/status/804803780969721857

SOURCE: #Pirates trade is complete. McCutchen and cash considerations to #Nationals for Gonzalez, Giolito, and Lopez. Heard it hear first.
No way that's true. That'd be an absolute fleecing by the Pirates.

The Padre's non-tendered Tyson Ross.

Wow.

That's... really really stupid.

Should they have paid him $10m+ on the off chance that he's healthy enough to pitch? And even if he did pitch, probably not well since he hasn't seriously pitched since 2015?

All this tells me is that the medicals on Ross probably look very bad.

Should they have paid him $10m+ on the off chance that he's healthy enough to pitch? And even if he did pitch, probably not well since he hasn't seriously pitched since 2015?

All this tells me is that the medicals on Ross probably look very bad.

Yeah cutting ties with Ross was probably the sensible thing to do. He will ptobably get an incentive based contract somewhere.

The surgery he underwent doesn't have a high success rate in terms of regainig velocity. John Danks was one of the best young pitchers in the American League and lost almost 5mph on his fastball.

That's #1 on my bucket list. I just need a council member to let a Cards fan airbnb on their couch.

Would any Upstate NY Yanks fan be interested in a Jays fan as well?

don't know if we have any in upstate.

Not baseball, but the Packers have a guy who goes by Ha Ha Clinton-Dix. Whom I can't help read in Phil Ken Sebben's voice from Harvey Birdman.

HA HA..... Dix.

The Padre's non-tendered Tyson Ross.

Wow.

That's... really really stupid.

his medicals must be terrible then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom