• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Postseason Thread of More Wild Cards and Higher Champagne Budgets

Ludwick seems to be a really great hitter. Tons of fouls to stay alive.

It's all about looking toward next year. Chapman will be a starter, and if Homer continues to Beast, it will be a beautiful year.

(Not trying to be negative, just realistically the injury to Cueto has doomed this season)

see5harp

He had a bad year, especially by his standards, but he was extremely unlucky. His FIP was a full run lower than his ERA, and his xFIP was 30 points lower than that. His ERA & FIP were the worst on the staff, but his xFIP was exactly the same as Matt Cain's, only behind Bumgarner.

One of the worst pitchers in the entire league? Having watched the worst staff in MLB like 80 times this year, I can assure you, he's not even close.

I suppose I'm being hard on him because of how great the rest of the rotation did this year. I mean Bumgarner, Vogelsong, Zito, and Cain were all better than him. It was just shocking at how many teams were generating runs on him this year and his stuff just seemed really normal after seeing the new hot shit guys like Yu Darvish.

Game 5, tomorrow. Can't wait.

image.php

Jangocube

Banned
I wanted the guy to fuck off when he played for the Braves, but I'm glad to see Nate McLouth resurrecting his career with the Orioles. I was excited for that trade but it never panned out. Thankfully the biggest piece ATL gave up for him was Charlie Morton, lol.

McLouth is definitely an odd dude, but he's been fun to watch so far as an O.

Ok let me rephrase that, Holy Shit Tim what the fuck?

Edit: remember he had a 5 plus era.

One looooong con. Lincecum is a crafty motherfucker. Purposely shit up the joint and make everyone look out for Cain, Vogelsong, and (lol) Zito, then when if they're down big in the postseason BAM! Here comes Timmy outta nowhere!

Giants signed that two-year deal for a reason, guys.

Carlbeego

Yankee Stadium sounds like a regular season game in June.

They really killed the vibe of that place with those expensive ass seats.

d[-_-]b

Banned
Won't be able to catch most of the game due to my commute home, but here's to hoping for good news when I come back above ground lol.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
LOL at the TBS commentators noting how quiet the Yankee crowd is.

Old Yankee Stadium>>>>>>>>>>New Yankee Stadium.

Top Bottom