• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Playoffs 2017 OT:It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

zulux21

oh well there is still a bottom of the 9th where it will either be davis in a situation that isn't ideal for a guy that hasn't pitched this much in a long time or someone else.

it's far from over.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
You couldn’t see clearly if the glove was still on him, I’m fucking amazed they overturned that.

Mrbob

Dusty gif needs to be the one thing remembered from this series. Wade get your head out of your ass and get these last three outs.

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
RT @wmata: Update for #Nationals fans: Last train times now 1:00AM from Navy Yard Sta, both directions. (That’s the latest we can go.) Go Nats! #wmata

Insult to injury
KuGsj.gif

jman2050

Once you establish contact with the base, you are allowed to have any part of your body over top of the base, or something to that effect

Or maybe once you establish contact you must make a clear motion away from the base to count as being off it. So stuff like sliding past the bag would still be correctly called.

dickroach

the chokiest bunch of chokers that ever choked... down by 1. bottom of the 9th. elimination game
...I just can't see it happening

thefro

There needs to be a rule stating that momentary pops off the bag don't count as being off the base.

If you can't slide back to the bag without popping off the base your lead is too big.

Lots of players have no problem sliding over the bag with their body and maintaining contact with the base through the tag.

Velcro Fly

It's a cheap, gimmicky thing that is not in the spirit of how baseball has ever been played and has no discernible benefit to the game. Really has nothing to do with sliding better.

Been saying this all along. This shit is terrible. It has happened to the Cubs a few times this year and never feels good.

Top Bottom