• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Playoffs 2017 OT:It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

dickroach

the best they can offer is 1000 runs

but Verlander is shakey in the playoffs, and their closer is gassed... that's why they shouldn't feel too confident for game 2

Desperado

I don't think you know anything about the Yankees.

Dude the Yankees are a great team, of course... but you're really selling the Astros short. Keuchel and Altuve were huge tonight, but they're hardly the only players who can make an impact, and winning a 2-1 pitcher's duel is hardly the only way the Astros win games. They went 5-2 against NYY in the regular season BTW.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
I wouldn't feel confident going into game two. That was the best the Astros can offer, and it felt like they just barely got by.
I'm not really sure I follow. Tanaka has been terrible against the Astros. If someone said Tanaka holds them to two almost everyone would be saying astros lose that.

Keuchel is just too good. Going from him to Verlander might wake up Doyers East bats.

On the other hand Severino can't look like he did in the Wild Card game or else it's going to be ugly. One off-pitch and Altuve will destroy him.

Sanjuro

I'm not really sure I follow. Tanaka has been terrible against the Astros. If someone said Tanaka holds them to two almost everyone would be saying astros lose that.

That's kind of the point. It's not going to get easier for them, and they come away with a win largely due to Yankee mistakes. I'm not doubting their bat. That's insane.

Tanaka deserved better. He’s been great this postseason. That was a very winnable game. At least Giles is burnt out. Gotta take game 2 but I feel like we can.

bebop242

How deflating would it be for the Dodger fans if the Cubs win tonight (especially if they hit well off Kershaw)? Tonights game feels much more of a must win for the Dodgers.

I believe they have never faced Q before so that might help the Cubs.

I'm oddly optimistic this morning which probably is bad since I thought the Nats where going to win game 5.

gamz

How deflating would it be for the Dodger fans if the Cubs win tonight (especially if they hit well off Kershaw)? Tonights game feels much more of a must win for the Dodgers.

I believe they have never faced Q before so that might help the Cubs.

I'm oddly optimistic this morning which probably is bad since I thought the Nats where going to win game 5.

I'm optimistic about this first game. We have no business winning this series, but crazy shit happens with this team, so who knows.

Mrbob

Happy to see Joe isn't conceding game one by throwing Lackey out to pitch.

Cubs may not win this series but they seem to be a tough team to take out in the playoffs. That's what I'm relying on for the Cubs to have a chance to move on. Perhaps the bullpen could, I dunno, not suck. But this might be too much to ask for.

shwimpy

Already nervous for today's game. Kersh better bring his A game.

Lefty on the mound guarantees Barnes and Kike so we literally have everything going for us... just need to deliver.

Mrbob

So Seager is out the entire series? Wow.

Battle of the best record in the NL versus the team who had the best second half record in the NL.

Top Bottom