• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Playoffs 2017 OT:It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

nnex

Neo Member
Regarding the play at the plate, Maddon challenged a similar play on August 18th in the bottom of the 2nd inning against the Blue Jays, but the out call stood. He also challenged another home plate collision on April 15th in the bottom of the 3rd against the Pirates, and the out call stood again. If we go back to August 29th, 2016, he asked for an umpire review for another home plate collision in the bottom of the 12th against the Pirates, which also stood. Javier Baez was the out on all three plays, by the way.

Maddon is just salty that the rule never goes his way.

RC0101

Losing Seager hurts but what makes this Dodgers team so tough is that they really haven't relied on just one guy to carry them this year. Plus having Puig hot really helps.

A lot of people forget that the reason Posey's ankle got destroyed isn't directly because of the hit but because he didn't have his foot planted. He had his foot flopped over where the top of his foot was on the ground. Posey wouldn't have been injured to that degree if his foot was planted to the ground.

tr4nce 26

Banned
I really don't understand what Maddon is so upset about. He clearly puts his leg in a position to block the plate.

Something tells me that if he was on the other side of this call, he would be okay with it.

Mrbob

That play at home plate is trying to overshadow the fact the bullpen was garbage again. If the pen can't do a 180 this series is probably over unless the Cubs starters all go 8 inning shut out ball to set up Wade in the 9th.

Don't care a about the run at home plate, rather have the bullpen suck less.

dickroach

jump in a fucking fire. kys.
i dont wanna hear shit about shi

. ....
kys
no remorse
kys

whoever hqd to work with that, ggg..... im pissed

edit: ok its clear
fuck you.
yeah its a little slow drip.
you know what you did , and even if you didnt
FUuuuuuck you

J2 Cool

That play at home plate is trying to overshadow the fact the bullpen was garbage again. If the pen can't do a 180 this series is probably over unless the Cubs starters all go 8 inning shut out ball to set up Wade in the 9th.

The question is, who do you trust? I could do

Duensing
Montgomery?
Strop?
Lackey
Wade

That's abooout it. Zero faith Carl comes around, really don't want to see him in anywhere past the 6th inning.

gamz

This.

Not much you can do if the pen can't do shit.

Choomp

Banned

. ....
kys
no remorse
kys

fuck you.
FUuuuuuck you

......?

tr4nce 26

Banned

. ....
kys
no remorse
kys

fuck you.
FUuuuuuck you
bpW6Xkd.gif

https://twitter.com/YasielPuig/status/919441044818739200

Yasiel Puig tonight:

(1) Called his shot and then bat flipped a double because yolo
(2) Homered and then called his own curtain call
(3) Fabricated out of thin air a playoff home run years ago against the Cardinals because wouldn't you
(4) Trolled Keith (Eminem is the first rapper with something to say) Olbermann on Twitter

🐐

Incomplete. He forgot to lick the bat

Sanjuro

Coin toss, but Chapman. Seems like he would be able to throw multiple innings more often. /shrug.

Wow. You would have been on the receiving end of a knuckle-sandwich.

I conceded that Kimbel was better. But this season, I'd go with Giles over Chapman. Otherwise, Chapman with the career for sure.

Top Bottom