• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Playoffs 2017 OT:It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Chase17

Those pitches were close, seems worse since it was back to back. Probably not a good call to get thrown out there, but I guess Ferrall was falling on the sword for Pedroia.

Was hoping the could at least score one there though lol.

ZeoVGM

Banned
I'm not sure what's more frustrating: some of these calls or the fact that the Sox can't do shit when the bases are loaded.

ZeoVGM

Banned
None of those calls was worth getting yourself thrown out in the second inning of an elimination game.

They were pretty rough calls to have happen multiple times. But I overall agree.

Problem is, he needed to protect Pedroia from being thrown out.

TS-08

They were pretty rough calls to have happen multiple times. But I overall agree.

Problem is, he needed to protect Pedroia from being thrown out.

You can get in between the umpire and the player and cool things down without getting yourself thrown out. The ump gave both of them a lot of leeway considering it was balls and strikes.

Electronic assisted strikezones.

Coming to a theater near you 2020.

Bad calls in the postseason in high leverage situations against popular teams....

The Red Sox made the sacrifice for the greater good of baseball.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Shocking. Absolutely shocking, I say, to see Boston fans pulling the victim card.

It truly is shocking that a fan of a baseball team would be upset at a series of close/questionable calls.

Surely, this is just a Boston thing and you certainly never see this happen with other teams!

Sending Moreland there... well that was dumb.

Was he actually sent by the third base coach or did he blow through a stop sign? Either way one of them should be fired.

Caja 117

So here's a question about the possibility of an automated strikezone future. You obviously can't have the same zone for every player because of heights, (look at altuve and judge) so how do you account for that with automated zones.

Electronic assisted strikezones.

Coming to a theater near you 2020.

Bad calls in the postseason in high leverage situations against popular teams....

The Red Sox made the sacrifice for the greater good of baseball.
Hope this never happens.

JambiBum

So here's a question about the possibility of an automated strikezone future. You obviously can't have the same zone for every player because of heights, (look at altuve and judge) so how do you account for that with automated zones.

spyder_ur

I'm not sure I like the idea of Sale here. I'd rather try to get Porcello through a couple more innings (seemed to be hitting his stride and was finally getting some of the edge calls the Astros were) and have Sale for game 5. Especially given the uncertainty around him in this spot.

Tall4Life

I'm not sure I like the idea of Sale here. I'd rather try to get Porcello through a couple more innings (seemed to be hitting his stride and was finally getting some of the edge calls the Astros were) and have Sale for game 5. Especially given the uncertainty around him in this spot.

I'm guessing they see this as a do or die game so they're throwing everything they can

Sanjuro

Hire a fat man to recalibrate the lasers after every inning.

Top Bottom