• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Playoffs 2017 OT:It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Beckx

First time in his career Kluber failed to make it 4 innings in back to back starts. Plus he only made it 5 in his final regular season start.

SRTtoZ

Definitely is a pitchers umpire but hes been consistent on both sides. Called the outside pitch against Judge and got a few high calls too.

Ramirez

Not the first game with an aggressive strike zone. I don't like it, even when it helps my team.

There's no reason humans should still be calling balls and strikes these days. I was watching the Sox/Astros the other day and the ump was giving the Stros strikes that Porcello was hitting in the same spot, but were balls. It's shit no matter what team it is or who it's helping, hate it.

mjp2417

Banned
LMFAO

Miller getting no calls that CC just got 30 seconds ago. This shit is so blatant

screen_shot_2016-06-16_at_10-41-26_pm-0.png

Beckx

There's no reason humans should still be calling balls and strikes these days. I was watching the Sox/Astros the other day and the ump was giving the Stros strikes that Porcello was hitting in the same spot, but were balls. It's shit no matter what team it is or who it's helping, hate it.

See above for the data a robot ump would see. 4 calls would be definitely overruled (two for each team). (More if you want to change the players' expected strike zone to the rule book zone.)

I think the high calls are BS but he's giving it consistently (if it's over the middle - high outside is not)

jman2050

Judge is swinging at garbage because they've been calling garbage.

Gotta credit the Indians pitchers, they've taken advantage of breaking balls and a messed up zone to really screw with Judge's ability to hit.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

I have mixed feelings on robot umps. In many ways, reading the ump has been a big part of baseball for over a century. It's not that bad when they are consistent, but it's so painful to watch balls called strikes when it's a big moment. Infuriating really.

Top Bottom