• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT3| - Umpires Still Suck

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
El_Presador's head gonna explode

edit: Fuck, Texas won

qx4ldd0.png

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Seriously, he should not be used whatsoever the rest of the year.

Eastbound and Down is coming back. He's a suitable teammate of Kenny Powers.

Oozer3993

Dear Rangers and Devil Rays,

Could you please lose the rest of your games? It would make things so much easier for me.

Sincerely,

Oozer

Could you please lose the rest of your games? It would make things so much easier for me.

Sincerely,

Oozer

It's insane the Indians have had to win 11 of their past 13 games just to stay in a one game lead of a wild card spot.

Give the Rays credit too, they forgot how to lose too. Although I could blame them for not sweeping the Rangers in that four game series.

Branduil

It's insane the Indians have had to win 11 of their past 13 games just to stay in a one game lead of a wild card spot.

Give the Rays credit too, they forgot how to lose too. Although I could blame them for not sweeping the Rangers in that four game series.

The Rangers should have won 3 of 4 from the Rays but Ron Washington is an idiot who uses his closer in a 6-run game.

Zee-Row

Banned
Rays have 6 straight winning seasons now which is the best winning streak compared to all the other Tampa Bay Teams. They just need to win the World Series so that Tampa has a title in every professional sport they play in.

The Dodgers are now officially the #3 seed in the NL and will start the NLDS on the road. If the Braves and Cardinals finish tied, the Braves are the #1 seed by virtue of beating the Cardinals 4-3 in the season series.

Code:
MLB standings at the end of play on September 26, 2013

AL EAST

2013 AL EAST CHAMPIONS: Red Sox

2013 AL CENTRAL CHAMPIONS: Tigers

2013 AL WEST CHAMPIONS: Athletics

AL WILD CARD
              W    L    GB    E#
Rays          90   69  +1.0   --
Indians       89   70   ---   --
Rangers       88   71   1.0   3

AL HOME-FIELD ADVANTAGE
              W    L    GB    E#
Red Sox       96   63   ---   --
Athletics     94   65   2.0   2
Tigers        93   66   3.0   1   

2013 NL EAST CHAMPIONS: Braves

NL CENTRAL
              W    L    GB    E#
Cardinals     94   65   ---   --
Pirates       91   68   3.0   1

2013 NL WEST CHAMPIONS: Dodgers

NL WILD CARD
              W    L    GB    E#
Pirates       91   68  +1.0   --
Reds          90   69   ---   --

NL HOME-FIELD ADVANTAGE
              W    L    GB    E#
Braves        94   65   ---   --
Cardinals     94   65   ---   --
Dodgers       91   68    E    E

If by some miracle the Indians make the playoffs, Chris Perez can not be on the post season roster.

My vote is for Justin Masterson (maybe Joe Smith or Cody Allen). Tito would be out of his mind to let CP anywhere near the pitching mound the rest of the year. I'd leave him off of the postseason roster to boot.

I was actually at the Twins and Indians game tonight, it was a lot of fun. Got pretty exciting there at the end.

And I nearly punched a hole through my TV in the 9th :/.

Sincerely,

Oozer

There's no way the Rays are losing another game this regular season. Have you seen the line-ups the Jays are running out there now? They're on third- and fourth-stringers in some cases. The whole opening day outfield is gone. Their catcher is having a historically bad season. Thanks to Mark Buerhle getting hurt yesterday, the only starter who went through the season without getting hurt is RA Dickey. They just had to sign Ryan Langerhans out of independent ball to be able to field a first baseman. I'd say the Rays are playing a triple-A team for the next few games, but that's being generous to most triple-A teams.

The Dodgers are now officially the #3 seed in the NL and will start the NLDS on the road. If the Braves and Cardinals finish tied, the Braves are the #1 seed by virtue of beating the Cardinals 4-3 in the season series.
Pretty sure the Dodgers own the tiebreaker over the Cards and they can still tie if LA goes 3-0 while STL goes 0-3.

Pretty sure the Dodgers own the tiebreaker over the Cards and they can still tie if LA goes 3-0 while STL goes 0-3.

Yep, you're correct. I thought the Cardinals had the tiebreaker, but you're right. Dodgers have the season series 4-3.

Also, the Dodgers can still tie the Braves, but the Braves have the season series against the Dodgers 5-2.

Is there a difference between the wildcard #1 and wildcard #2? Say the Reds pass the Pirates record, does that make a difference? Homefield advantage for whichever team has the better record or what? I still haven't learned the wildcard rules since the 2nd wildcard was added.

Is there a difference between the wildcard #1 and wildcard #2? Say the Reds pass the Pirates record, does that make a difference? Homefield advantage for whichever team has the better record or what? I still haven't learned the wildcard rules since the 2nd wildcard was added.

WC game is played in the stadium with the better record.

ToxicAdam

Yes, wildcard #1 automatically gets home field. If there is a tie for that spot, then it comes down to the season record (between those two teams) to decide who gets home field.

Unbelievable stats on B.J. Upton's first year with the Braves:

-- His .184 batting average is the second-lowest in the entire league among those with a minimum of 400 plate appearances. The lowest? Why, that would be his teammate Dan Uggla, who is hitting .181.

-- He owns a .289 slugging percentage. For comparison, here's a list of players with higher slugging percentages: Ben Revere (.352), Juan Pierre (.307), and Adeiny Hecchavarria (.303).

-- Whenever a runner is standing on third base while he's at the plate, Upton is hitting an unfathomable .000. In those situations, he's 0-for-28 with 18 strikeouts.

-- Upton's line against left-handed pitching: .157/.227/.222.

-- With runners in scoring position, he's hitting a mind-boggling .108 (10-for-93 with an incredible 42 strikeouts).

-- Even more maddening, with runners in scoring position and two outs, Upton's hitting .074 (4-for-54 with 27 strikeouts)

-- Upton's hottest month of the year is typically September, so the Braves were hoping he'd finally show some signs of life. Much to their disappointment, in his first September with the Braves, he's hitting .106, including a current stretch where he's 1-for-36 with with 19 strikeouts.

Unbelievable stats on B.J. Upton's first year with the Braves:

-- His .184 batting average is the second-lowest in the entire league among those with a minimum of 400 plate appearances. The lowest? Why, that would be his teammate Dan Uggla, who is hitting .181.

-- He owns a .289 slugging percentage. For comparison, here's a list of players with higher slugging percentages: Ben Revere (.352), Juan Pierre (.307), and Adeiny Hecchavarria (.303).

-- Whenever a runner is standing on third base while he's at the plate, Upton is hitting an unfathomable .000. In those situations, he's 0-for-28 with 18 strikeouts.

-- Upton's line against left-handed pitching: .157/.227/.222.

-- With runners in scoring position, he's hitting a mind-boggling .108 (10-for-93 with an incredible 42 strikeouts).

-- Even more maddening, with runners in scoring position and two outs, Upton's hitting .074 (4-for-54 with 27 strikeouts)

-- Upton's hottest month of the year is typically September, so the Braves were hoping he'd finally show some signs of life. Much to their disappointment, in his first September with the Braves, he's hitting .106, including a current stretch where he's 1-for-36 with with 19 strikeouts.

muxSuFG.gif

The Braves were better off paying Bourne or waiting him out until his price came down. I don't know why they were so eager to sign B.J. It's like they never saw him play in Tampa.

Fredi should win NL Manager of the Year by virtue of absolutely pillaging the NL East despite Dan Uggla and B.J. Upton totally shitting it up.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Larry Beinfest has been fired from his position as President of whatever with the Marlins. Hope he writes a memoir of his experiences.

Top Bottom