• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT3| - Umpires Still Suck

Silkworm

Dodgers already up with 4 runs with Kershaw pitching should mean an easy victory. Hopefully Kershaw can find his groove and coast through this game.

Indians were 5-1 this season against the Rangers.

A three way tie-breaker between the Indians, Rangers and Rays works like this:

Indians have best record against common opponents, so two games would be played.

It'd be Rays @ Indians. With the loser of this game living to fight another day with a game @ Texas.

C4Lukins

A three way tie-breaker between the Indians, Rangers and Rays works like this:

Indians have best record against common opponents, so two games would be played.

It'd be Rays @ Indians. With the loser of this game living to fight another day with a game @ Texas.

That would be crazy stressful and fun to watch.

That would be crazy stressful and fun to watch.

Yeah, it'd be kinda cool to see out of the Wild Card spot rather than the just "One and Done" nature of the Wild Card Game, which as a whole is still pretty lame.

and to the bottom of the 7th we go. Will we see Masterson?

His slider is a little extra nasty tonight.

The Indians telecast was talking about that. How he doesn't have to "save" those pitches for later in the game as he's coming out of the bullpen.

Gives them lots of flexibility having him in the pen, unless they want him to start again should they make a long post-season run.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
This is kind of random, but when you sort the Southern League for catchers with minimum 50 PAs, Christian Bethancourt has the 3rd highest ISO in the list, despite being the youngest catcher in the league.

If only he could draw a walk.

Meier

100 Ribbies for Gonzalez. I don't feel like we have had many of those in recent years.. Kemp is probably the only guy in the past 3 years or so (2 seasons ago).

What's shocking to me, is out of the playoff hungry Orioles and Yankees, it's the Blue Jays that finally upset the Rays a game.

Anything could happen in these final two. I'm still not sleeping on the Twins, and I'd be surprised if the Angels don't win at least 1 of that 4 game series.

StUnNeR H2K

The Indians telecast was talking about that. How he doesn't have to "save" those pitches for later in the game as he's coming out of the bullpen.

Gives them lots of flexibility having him in the pen, unless they want him to start again should they make a long post-season run.

Not sure what they plan to do with him. He would work out of the bullpen with the stuff he has, but if he can start in any capacity he is the most reliable guy they have. Hopefully they can bring him back into the rotation for the playoffs if they make it. Masterson, McAllister, Jimenez & Salazar is a good rotation for the playoffs, and that still leaves Kazmir & Kluber available...

Whatever happens this year, Cleveland may have one of the best rotations in years to come. I can see Masterson, Jimenez & Salazar being a 1, 2, 3 next year with McAllister & Kluber as a solid 4 - 5. Not sure if they plan to bring Kazmir back, but it would be nice to have a lefty in the rotation. Tomlin will be back next year and I still think he could compete for a spot in the rotation. Trevor Bauer is still a future option for the rotation if he can show some improvement with his control. Definitely don't see Cleveland worrying about starting pitching in the off season...

Macattk15

The Mariners are a complete gong show. After Wedge said he heard nothing from the upper management/ownership, he quit because he didn't want to be a lame duck next year, and then later today the GM says they wanted to bring him back. Jesus Christ Chuck and Howard, sell the fucking team to Mark Cuban and get it over with.

Who cares. Fuck Eric Wedge.

I could manage better than he can.

C4Lukins

I have not been a big participant in sports GAF, because of the negativity and such. But MLB GAF is easily the best sports GAF . Good for all of you.

Meier

I still don't trust either of them as far as I can throw em, but neither Marmol or Volquez has been that bad for us. Wilson has been great too. A lot of decent moves by Ned this year.

Code:
MLB standings at the end of play on September 27, 2013

2013 AL EAST CHAMPIONS: Red Sox

2013 AL CENTRAL CHAMPIONS: Tigers

2013 AL WEST CHAMPIONS: Athletics

AL WILD CARD
              W    L    GB    E#
Indians       90   70   ---   --
Rays	      90   70   ---   --
Rangers       89   71   1.0   2

AL HOME-FIELD ADVANTAGE
              W    L    GB    E#