• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT3| - Umpires Still Suck

jbug617

Banned
Hope Ortiz's comments don't hurt the Red Sox clubhouse. I know Ortiz is good friends with ARod (people got upset that Ortiz and ARod had dinner together last weekend).

Kershaw is still a young dude (25-26), you can afford to give those guys long term contracts. Giving sluggers that are already into their 30's long contracts is just stupidity.
Giving long contracts to players who play an injury-prone position isn't much smarter. Unless the AAV is a bargain (not likely lol), that's still a lot of risk for the team.

Los Angeles Dodgers ‏@Dodgers 21s
A 9.5 game lead in the #NLWest. #Dodgers

PBCt7Uf.gif

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Would if I could. Also, would love to trade ya Scherzer for some of your prospects at the end of the season.

It's looking like you guys are going to flip spots with us in a few years again. Royals-Twins AL Central future.

I'm gonna hop on that Oriole bandwagon in 2016 while my Tigers go through another lost decade.

Unless Illitch lives forever. I think he's already dead.
I'm definitely excited for the Twins future, but I have no idea how they're going to assemble a rotation. Meyer should be good. May might pan out. Berrios & Stewart have a good chance to be good but they're several years away yet. Gibson looked horrible. They've got nothing. I'd like to see them move some prospects for a pitcher. I could see them moving Dozier or Rosario this offseason maybe? But they have almost zero talent between AAA & the big league club so they can't afford to trade too much. Ugh.

Put me into cryosleep until 2015.

I guess Pujols has competition for worse contract. If I were The Dodgers, I'd give a Kershaw a short term, front loaded contract. But seeing as how they're new to giving exorbitant contracts, I don't think they would.

They could give Kershaw 10 years/$300 million and it wouldn't even be a top 5 worst contact on the Dodgers, let alone all of base all. Nowhere near as bad as the contracts given to guys like Pujols, ARod, Hamilton, Crawful, Prince, Ethier, Hamilton, Votto and (if he keeps up his current pace) Kemp just to name a few. I'd bank on Kershaw to be good for a majority of the next 10 years. Can't say the same about those other guys.

Kershaw is a still pitcher and he faces the same risks as every other pitcher, no matter how good he is.

Every player is susceptible to freak injuries. You can't really prepare for those. You can prepare for a players decline, and anybody could see a decline for guys like Pujols, Ryan Howard, ARod and Prince coming from a mile away. I wouldn't say the same for a 25 year old.

The Mets have signed Daisuke Matsuzaka, according to Jon Heyman of CBS Sports.

Matsuzaka was released by the Cleveland Indians earlier this week, where he posted a 5-8 record, with a 3.92 ERA and 1.277 WHIP for their Triple-A affiliate.

Update – 12:58 p.m.: It’s a major-league deal for Matsuzaka. (Carig, Newsday)

Dice-K hasn’t pitched in the majors since 2012, where he made only 11 starts for Boston, posting a 8.28 ERA and 1.708 WHIP. In 2011, he only made seven starts, before losing the season to Tommy John surgery.

The 32-year-old is “expected to go right to the big leagues,” Heyman said. Matsuzaka last appeared in a game on Monday, August 19, allowing five earned runs, on eight hits and three walks, in four innings against the Triple-A Norfolk Tides.

The Mets are looking to fill roster holes left by Jeremy Hefner likely needing Tommy John surgery and Jenrry Mejia getting surgery to remove bone spurs in his elbow.

The Mets will have to make a roster move if they intend to add him to the 25-man roster.
He should start tomorrow or Saturday.

omfgies, I hope Dice-BB pitches tomorrow. I'll be at that game, and I hope to heckle him with the force of 1,000 suns.
The tentative plan is to have right-hander Carlos Torres and Matsuzaka both see action in Friday's series opener against the Detroit Tigers, with Matt Harvey staying on an extra day of rest Saturday. Matsuzaka threw 85 pitches Monday for Triple-A Columbus, so sharing the duty would lessen the workload of coming back on short rest.
So basically Mets will use Daisuke for hopefully 4 or more innings, then Torres will pitch 2-3 innings regardless

verbum

BEACHY NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I CAN'T TAKE THIS

More of a precaution I believe. His velocity hasn't got back to his baseline. Hopefully Tuesday will have good news after he sees the Dr on Monday.

Edit: I take it back partly:
#Braves Beachy had MRI in Atlanta on Wed., will see Dr Andrews on Mon. Elbow didnt feel right on final pitches of last start

Top Bottom