• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT3| - Umpires Still Suck

I remember when Jays fans use to post here. There was a renewed sense of hope, excitement, and anticipation for The Jays' revamped roster full of superstars. They're were talking about winning the division, making the playoffs, and even, dare I say -- World Series?
But back to reality.

Enh, there's not much to say about them. They thoroughly suck, and we all know it. The Jays' starting outfield today was the Buffalo Bisons' starting outfield last week. The starting rotation is basically whoever happens to be healthy on a given day. The bullpen has imploded. The only bright spot at the moment is Lawrie, who seems to finally be living up to his potential. Apart from him, though? A whole lot of nothing, with no help coming up through the minors any time soon.

Enh, there's not much to say about them. They thoroughly suck, and we all know it. The Jays' starting outfield today was the Buffalo Bisons' starting outfield last week. The starting rotation is basically whoever happens to be healthy on a given day. The bullpen has imploded. The only bright spot at the moment is Lawrie, who seems to finally be living up to his potential. Apart from him, though? A whole lot of nothing, with no help coming up through the minors any time soon.

EE is the lone bright spot. Shame on you.

alstein

Ayala and Maholm don't need to be on the playoff roster.

Ayala's ok as backend of the pen, Maholm I doubt sniffs the roster. Wood surpassed him.

I just hope Heyward's at least semi-ready- hearing he'll be able to eat some is a good sign.

As for BJ Upton , it seems whenever a player signs a big multi-year FA contract to come to the Braves they go to crap. Was the last big FA signing to do well Gary Sheffield? (counting Uggla in this category even though he technically wasn't a FA)

It's unreal how Joe Kelly has been our best and most consistent starter in the past month or so. It's partially smoke and mirrors but I hope his success can continue - seems like a swell guy.

I don't understand why Donnie doesn't trot Clayton out for the 9th in situations like tonight.
It was the perfect opportunity to see how Wilson does. He's probably going to be used a lot during the Boston series. Might as well test him out in a game with a 6 run lead.

JDHarbs

Absolutely terrible out there. Season is done. Got a lot to fix in this offense with an owner who refuses to pay anything.

The Athletics have acquired catcher Kurt Suzuki from the Nationals for a currently unidentified pitching prospect.

Suzuki is hitting .223/.284/.311 in 78 games this season with the Nats.

The Nats originally acquired Suzuki from the A's on August 3, 2012 in exchange for minor league catcher David Freitas.

The Athletics have acquired catcher Kurt Suzuki from the Nationals for a currently unidentified pitching prospect.

Suzuki is hitting .223/.284/.311 in 78 games this season with the Nats.

The Nats originally acquired Suzuki from the A's on August 3, 2012 in exchange for minor league catcher David Freitas.

vzJxQxc.gif

Doomsayer

Just caught the Dodger game from this morning.

Kershaw struggled early, but turned it on later and got another RBI! Kid is a beast.

It was weird to see the Beard in Dodger blue, but he pitched pretty well.

Askani

Absolutely terrible out there. Season is done. Got a lot to fix in this offense with an owner who refuses to pay anything.

Sad to see when we were on such a tear. But 2 of 5 from Detroit series and 0 of 3 from the White Sox is just too much to overcome. The ONLY way I see us being close is if we win the next 9 in a row. Anything less and the season is 100% done to me, and they aren't winning 9 in a row, so the season is done to me. If anything though, we lost our chance in May. The Herculean effort we had for a while did nothing but make up for May.

Meier

It was the perfect opportunity to see how Wilson does. He's probably going to be used a lot during the Boston series. Might as well test him out in a game with a 6 run lead.

Yeah, it makes sense from that perspective, but Kersh had only thrown 103 pitches. Easily had another inning in him. I'm sure he'd prefer to get some shutouts when he is in a position to get them.

Yeah, it makes sense from that perspective, but Kersh had only thrown 103 pitches. Easily had another inning in him. I'm sure he'd prefer to get some shutouts when he is in a position to get them.
True. It would've been nice to see Kershaw get the complete game shutout.

Donnie just works in mysterious ways.
Man stealing our stuff from 2010? Signing our players? What will the Dodgers not do?!?!?!?

win the WS this year
With your luck it just might come true!

rando14

It's not unheard of. Barry Bonds used testosterone creams too. Remember "The Cream"?

To have "the highest testosterone" ever seen on an MLB test screams needle use to me. There are some potent test creams like tren, but like I said I can't imagine how much he'd had to have used to get scores like that.

To have "the highest testosterone" ever seen on an MLB test screams needle use to me. There are some potent test creams like tren, but like I said I can't imagine how much he'd had to have used to get scores like that.

He was probably using the cream to rub em out while starting at pictures of himself jacking up homers. That could be a lot of cream use.

Top Bottom