• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT3| - Umpires Still Suck

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
no I saw not worth losing both Marp and Rosenthal

Not that this ultimately matters because I just pulled the trade pieces out of my butt, but Rosenthal has almost no value as a reliever, despite his 2.** FIP and SIERA. Carpenter has been good this year, and he's still got 4 years of team control, but he's also turning 28 and isn't likely to play 2nd for any other team which lowers his value considerably. If you can get Profar + other pieces, I'd do it. Profar is 20, with 6 years of control left, plays solid D at SS, and projects to be a walk+doubles threat as a hitter.

I propose a 3-way trade:

-Cards get Profar
-Braves get Matt Carpenter
-Rangers get Trevor Rosenthal and JR Graham
:lol at gifting the Braves an All Star 2B for one solid pitching prospect aside, I'm not sure Profar's youth and upside is worth both Marp and Rosenthal

Profar's ceiling can't be much higher than what Marp's doing right now and even with a few more years of cheap service, I'm not sure I would give up a potential mid-rotation starter on top of Marp

Perhaps I would feel differently if Kolten was an out-of-this-world talent blocked by Marp but it's not looking likely.

RGVNOE

Not that this ultimately matters because I just pulled the trade pieces out of my butt, but Rosenthal has almost no value as a reliever, despite his 2.** FIP and SIERA. Carpenter has been good this year, and he's still got 4 years of team control, but he's also turning 28 and isn't likely to play 2nd for any other team which lowers his value considerably. If you can get Profar + other pieces, I'd do it. Profar is 20, with 6 years of control left, plays solid D at SS, and projects to be a walk+doubles threat as a hitter.

well Marp is already a walks+doubles threat and solid D, as far as 2nd we got Wong there Marp is our future 3rd baseman, Freese is likely gone after this year. Plus we're trying to upgrade the team not exchange one good piece for another.

harSon

Banned
9VyYwgA_original.jpg

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
:lol at gifting the Braves an All Star 2B for one solid pitching prospect aside, I'm not sure Profar's youth and upside is worth both Marp and Rosenthal

Profar's ceiling can't be much higher than what Marp's doing right now and even with a few more years of cheap service, I'm not sure I would give up a potential mid-rotation starter on top of Marp

Perhaps I would feel differently if Kolten was an out-of-this-world talent blocked by Marp but it's not looking likely.

Work with me here guys! Throw out some other names that you would rather trade.

Obviously you guys place a much higher value on Carpenter's future production than I do.

Work with me here guys! Throw out some other names that you would rather trade.

Obviously you guys place a much higher value on Carpenter's future production than I do.
I think we're in the same ballpark wrt Marp but I'm valuing Rosenthal more than a relief ace. I think he has the potential to be a Lance Lynn, perhaps more.

As far as actually upgrading the team instead of shuffling pieces around that results in a small overall gain, I think Matt Adams would be the first trade chip as far as useful position players go. Even if I love having his bat around to spell Holliday/Beltran/Craig.

Cloudy

Banned
This loss is on Cano. He could have chased Dickey with a more patient AB with the bases loaded but he had to try to be the hero

clemenx

Banned
Hi MLB GAF I'm in NYC for 2 weeeks! Arrived today, You all can blame me for Harvey's elbow :(
I'm staying in long island city. I want some Dominican food!

RGVNOE

I think we're in the same ballpark wrt Marp but I'm valuing Rosenthal more than a relief ace. I think he has the potential to be a Lance Lynn, perhaps more.

As far as actually upgrading the team instead of shuffling pieces around that results in a small overall gain, I think Matt Adams would be the first trade chip as far as useful position players go. Even if I love having his bat around to spell Holliday/Beltran/Craig.

I highly doubt this would ever happen, but i would've love to have seen them experiment with Marp at SS, Craig knows how to play 3rd already anyways and Adams at 1st

Marp
Tron
Holliday
Craig
Yadi
Adams
Wong
Jay/Taveras(in the future)

that's a lineup i would love to see

WJD

Sorry to interrupt normal MLB-GAF proceedings but I'm in LA at the moment and looking at seeing Dodgers/Cubs on Wednesday. Just wondering if I should book tickets in advance or just get them on the day? I'm assuming it won't be too full as a midweek midday game.

I highly doubt this would ever happen, but i would've love to have seen them experiment with Marp at SS, Craig knows how to play 3rd already anyways and Adams at 1st

Marp
Tron
Holliday
Craig
Yadi
Adams
Wong
Jay/Taveras(in the future)

that's a lineup i would love to see
that might also end up being the worst team defense in the history of the MLB

unless we switched our staff to all power pitchers with high K rates a la Detroit, we would be giving up runs at historic rates

RGVNOE

that might also end up being the worst team defense in the history of the MLB

unless we switched our staff to all power pitchers with high K rates a la Detroit, we would be giving up runs at historic rates

I dont think it would be that bad Adams has gotten better defensively and still has room for improvement, Wong is solid at 2nd, Craig is a good defensively and could adjust to 3rd with help from oquendo, Marp never played 2nd in his life before this year and look at him now who is to say he couldn't learn the SS position. Holliday is Holliday he'll make some plays, Tron is the only one that you'd have to worry about.

Just my opinion I could be wrong though

I dont think it would be that bad Adams has gotten better defensively and still has room for improvement, Wong is solid at 2nd, Craig is a good defensively and could adjust to 3rd with help from oquendo, Marp never played 2nd in his life before this year and look at him now who is to say he couldn't learn the SS position. Holliday is Holliday he'll make some plays, Tron is the only one that you'd have to worry about.

Just my opinion I could be wrong though
Pushing Marp further along the defensive spectrum just because he didn't embarrass himself the first time he did it is kinda poor logic. He's been serviceable but it's not like he's a Gold Glover at 2B. Our entire OF has been terrible defensively; not sure how Taveras' range is in CF but the ankle injury/surgery doesn't give me much hope (his arm should be better than Jay's though). Craig was moved off 3B for a reason and isn't really that good at 1B defensively.

So this is what it's like to have an offense that can hit the ball over the fence. Not sure if it has anything to do with the weather but this could be a really good offense if the HR power is back for good.

Top Bottom