• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT3| - Umpires Still Suck

carlos

Frankman, get away from the ledge!

I Only kinda feel bad due to the mets taking out hudson and heyward, but I hope he eventually gets back to the level he is capable of performing at.

Even guys like Wainwright who successfully navigated a wait and see recovery period still usually end up needing TJ down the line. Harvey is young and plays for a mediocre team, so I feel like it makes more sense to allocate rehab time now rather than later when he might play for a better team or have other complications.
Oh, certainly. From a fan or front office perspective, it's a no-brainer. Just saying it's easier to separate the emotional aspects of surgery from the objective timetable when you're not the patient. I don't know if the failed TJ surgeries negatively affected the player's quality of life (outside of pitching in the majors and making tons of money, that is) though.

Hopefully we can ship Crapuano somewhere during the offseason for some Cracker Jacks in return.

Cubbies come into town today. Going to tomorrow's game for the Rick Monday bobblehead. I get to see Kershaw in-person for the first time this season.

We'll see if that curse is truely over.

Lucky bastard. I tried to get tickets for to take my wife for her birthday but she can't get off work.And she's a baseball fanatic too. I smell a possible no hitter too in that game

Regarding Tommy John surgery, if it’s a tear up to about 33 percent, they’ll try to rehab it. Best comparison is Chad Billingsley. He tried to rehab his elbow, couldn’t, and had to have surgery. Takashi Saito, like Billingsley, also had platelet-rich plasma injections for a partial tear and he’s been good for a couple years. Dylan Bundy is a bad comparison, but you’ll see people throwing it out.
*sigh*

Pretty much eliminates the Mets from 2014 contention unless they try to trade for a frontline starter/rush Syndegaard or Montero, which isn't worth it. Guy is young, just do the surgery and come back throwing like gangbusters in 2015.

3N16MA

Banned
That's awful news anytime a young player is derailed like that. Seems like a crapshoot with any hard thrower too. Is there anything you can do to prevent these things?

also guess Kershaw locks up the Cy Young.

He had it pretty much locked up already. Harvey was going to be limited by the Mets which would give Kershaw an advantage in all the counting stats. Even if Harvey finished with better numbers in certain categories, Kershaw is going to win the award.

He had it pretty much locked up already. Harvey was going to be limited by the Mets which would give Kershaw an advantage in all the counting stats. Even if Harvey finished with better numbers in certain categories, Kershaw is going to win the award.
Not really. Mets were only limiting him in that they'd remove him early if he was behind/wouldn't let him go over 100 (which he did anyway last start). He was finishing the year.

Not really. Mets were only limiting him in that they'd remove him early if he was behind/wouldn't let him go over 100 (which he did anyway last start). He was finishing the year.

He means he was limited because the Mets dont win many of his starts, and since they are losing they have to take him out early a lot also, I think.

3N16MA

Banned

He was restricted in his pitch count and closely monitored (limited) is what I meant. He already has 2 less starts than Kershaw and because of the restrictions he was never going to catch Kershaw in innings pitches, SO total.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
I suppose I should be thankful the Mets have some depth in their pitching staff. Still Harvey going down totally fucking sucks.

He was restricted in his pitch count and closely monitored (limited) is what I meant. He already has 2 less starts than Kershaw and because of the restrictions he was never going to catch Kershaw in innings pitches, SO total.
Yes. And he threw 102 last start. Basically they'd take him out if he was getting shelled, which I and yankeehater already said.

It's not like he was suddenly on a hard 85-pitch limit cap here. I think people are forgetting he's already been limited by the 6-man rotation, which would've given Harvey about 4 more starts. The plan to limit his starts has been around for over a month now, as seen here and here.

3N16MA

Banned
Yes. And he threw 102 last start. Basically they'd take him out if he was getting shelled, which I and yankeehater already said.

It's not like he was suddenly on a hard 85-pitch limit cap here. I think people are forgetting he's already been limited by the 6-man rotation, which would've given Harvey about 4 more starts. The plan to limit his starts has been around for a month now.

Well that is the point. He is being closely monitored and limited whether it be pitch counts, 6 man rotation, innings limit. Kershaw pretty much has the Cy Young locked despite Harvey putting up some better numbers. Voters are going to give him points for leading the NL in innings pitched along with Wainwright. Kershaw would most likely tie/overtake Harvey in SO despite Harvey averaging more per 9.

Harvey would have to have no limits to be on equal footing with Kershaw this season.

Well that is the point. He is being closely monitored and limited whether it be pitch counts, 6 man rotation, innings limit. Kershaw pretty much has the Cy Young locked despite Harvey putting up some better numbers. Voters are going to give him points for leading the NL in innings pitched along with Wainwright. Kershaw would most likely tie/overtake Harvey in SO despite Harvey averaging more per 9.

Harvey would have to have no limits to be on equal footing with Kershaw this season.
agree to disagree.

Top Bottom