• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT3| - Umpires Still Suck

tumblr_ms3v3dUCvK1ro5xweo1_400.gif

DKZzXmM.gif

Glad we don't have to start caps in the playoffs. Donny may need to tweek out the lineup. Hard to score runs lately
Hopefully we can ship Crapuano somewhere during the offseason for some Cracker Jacks in return.

Cubbies come into town today. Going to tomorrow's game for the Rick Monday bobblehead. I get to see Kershaw in-person for the first time this season.

We'll see if that curse is truely over.

Hopefully we can ship Crapuano somewhere during the offseason for some Cracker Jacks in return.

Cubbies come into town today. Going to tomorrow's game for the Rick Monday bobblehead. I get to see Kershaw for the first time this season.

Last game you went to was a win I believe.

Believe.

Last game you went to was a win I believe.

Believe.
Damn right it was a win and we're going to make it two in a row! No longer should I have to suffer with watching this team lose in-person! The baseball gods better recognize that I have feelings too! This tuesday it is war. WAR DAMMIT!

DEATH TO THE CURSE!

iHqMuOpKCnXYI.gif

turnbuckle

Dombrowkski knows how to warm up the Marlins the right way for cheap, he'll be a Tiger's pitcher in no time!

I hear Matt Tuiasosopo is a 5-tool player that knows how to win and is a great clubhouse guy with the experience to lead a young team to contention.

Miami would have to throw something else into the pot though, don't want Detroit to get fleeced on a Tui for Fernandez deal.

Rosenthal said he does indeed have a torn UCL. 99% chance he needs Tommy John surgery.

Wow, that is fucking unbelievable. That pretty much eliminates Harvey from all of 2014. I like to joke around with Mets fans, but that's just awful.

Runus

Rosenthal said he does indeed have a torn UCL. 99% chance he needs Tommy John surgery.

Wow, that is fucking unbelievable. That pretty much eliminates Harvey from all of 2014. I like to joke around with Mets fans, but that's just awful.

As a Braves fan it's very hard for me to feel any pity for any Mets player right now.

The being said I hope he has successful surgery and he bounces back. Never like to see anyone go down from an injury like that.

Jaykay

The team is saying they are waiting until a later date to make a decision on surgery, but yeah it is probably happening. This is horrible.

Link

The Autumn Wind
You'd think I'd be upset, but this team has already made me emotionally numb. Not like they were going to compete next year anyway.

That's awful news anytime a young player is derailed like that. Seems like a crapshoot with any hard thrower too. Is there anything you can do to prevent these things?

also guess Kershaw locks up the Cy Young.

You'd think I'd be upset, but this team has already made me emotionally numb. Not like they were going to compete next year anyway.

You never know that, teams come out of no where to compete all the time. Plus they play in a terrible division. Hell frankman probably still thinks they can compete this year.

Why not just get the surgery now? Waiting never seems to work and just delays recovery time.
Even though TJ surgery has better recovery rates than other types of pitching-related surgery, there are still risks involved (as with any surgery). It's easier to say he should get it over with when it's not you going under the knife.

There were similar debates on Cards forums wrt Furcal and Motte trying the "wait and see" approach before consenting to surgery.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Even though TJ surgery has better recovery rates than other types of pitching-related surgery, there are still risks involved (as with any surgery). It's easier to say he should get it over with when it's not you going under the knife.

There were similar debates on Cards forums wrt Furcal and Motte trying the "wait and see" approach before consenting to surgery.
Even guys like Wainwright who successfully navigated a wait and see recovery period still usually end up needing TJ down the line. Harvey is young and plays for a mediocre team, so I feel like it makes more sense to allocate rehab time now rather than later when he might play for a better team or have other complications.

Top Bottom