• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT3| - Umpires Still Suck

rando14

Sorry to interrupt normal MLB-GAF proceedings but I'm in LA at the moment and looking at seeing Dodgers/Cubs on Wednesday. Just wondering if I should book tickets in advance or just get them on the day? I'm assuming it won't be too full as a midweek midday game.

Depends on how strict your requirement are on where you want to sit. The earlier you book, obviously you can lock down specific seats.

I'd also recommend checking out an online ticket store just to see what the views are from different parts of the park so you can choose a seat that suits your budget and viewing ability

dmag1223

How many series have the Reds played against the Cards this year? Which ones have the Reds lost?

That's your answer.

By that logic, the pirates are better than the Cardinals, and the reds are equal to the pirates.

Look, the the cardinals are the better team. But rediculous shit just seems to happen every time we play them.

MVP probably should be Puig, considering what he meant for his team.

If I had it my way, it would be Cutch.
McClutch will win. Puig has a better chance at Rookie of the Year if the Marlins shut down Fernandez.

There's always Kershaw in the mix too but I don't think he would get it.
Sorry to interrupt normal MLB-GAF proceedings but I'm in LA at the moment and looking at seeing Dodgers/Cubs on Wednesday. Just wondering if I should book tickets in advance or just get them on the day? I'm assuming it won't be too full as a midweek midday game.
I would get them in advance but if you buy them from StubHub you can usually get them cheaper the day of the game.

cashman

Banned

Get them off of Stubhub or something the day of or the day before. It's kind of a nightmare to get there in the first place so just make sure you have tickets before hand.

By that logic, the pirates are better than the Cardinals, and the reds are equal to the pirates.

Well, let's just put it this way: The Pirates have proven they are able to beat the Cards. The Reds have proven that they are not.

"better" or "worse," the fact remains that the Reds can't beat the Cards. Call it what you will.

Cutch has to be the favorite right now. Unless he has a terrible September, I think he gets it.

Voters could easily adopt the Mike Trout defense in not voting for Puig since he's a rookie and has more chances to win an MVP in the future lol.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day

That would be a very BBWAA thing to do. Hanley has been more valuable though. I don't think either player will have enough playing time to really merit though.

I agree it should be Cutch.

Edit: Man, David Wright hasn't played since Aug 2nd and he's still got the 2nd most fWAR in the NL.

alstein

That would be a very BBWAA thing to do. Hanley has been more valuable though. I don't think either player will have enough playing time to really merit though.

I agree it should be Cutch.

If Arizona gets into the postseason I'd vote for Goldschimdt.

dmag1223

Well, let's just put it this way: The Pirates have proven they are able to beat the Cards. The Reds have proven that they are not.

"better" or "worse," the fact remains that the Reds can't beat the Cards. Call it what you will.

I really think its a mental thing. There is really no reason they should be blasting our pitching for 8 runs a game.

BFIB

Cards in some tough competition this week. 3 out of 4 against the Braves, and now a big come from behind win.

This team is getting hot again.

dmag1223

There is really no reason that the back end of the Pirates rotation should be handcuffing our bats but you don't see me whining about it.

Sole possession of 1st place!

Whining? Hardly. I already admitted you guys were better. Just tired of watching repeats of these games series after series against you guys.

Whining? Hardly. I already admitted you guys were better. Just tired of watching repeats of these games series after series against you guys.
Sounds like how Cards fans felt the past few years when the Reds were pulling out comeback wins and walk-offs every other night it seemed. Either way, sometimes one team owns another team over the course of a season. The Pirates pitching destroy us for whatever reason (matchups? extra motivation? Pujols not here to rake at PNC?) this season.

I don't get this Puig MVP hype at all. Hanley and Kershaw are just as responsible (if not more) for the Dodgers run

Hanley and Puig go hand in hand. Almost the same numbers, but difference in stats is due to where they lie on the batting order.

Kershaw's been my #1.

dmag1223

Sounds like how Cards fans felt the past few years when the Reds were pulling out comeback wins and walk-offs every other night it seemed. Either way, sometimes one team owns another team over the course of a season. The Pirates pitching destroy us for whatever reason (matchups? extra motivation? Pujols not here to rake at PNC?) this season.

Yeah, I get you. just blowing off steam after a tough loss against a rival.

At least we should be pretty set for the coin flip game, barring a complete collapse.

Cloudy

Banned
Hanley and Puig go hand in hand. Almost the same numbers, but difference in stats is due to where they lie on the batting order.

Kershaw's been my #1.

Yeah, I just don't see how anyone can look at that team and say Puig is single-handedly (or even largely responsible) for their success. They started to get healthy right as he joined the team and he's a great player like many others on there...

turnbuckle

King Felix gonna get robbed by dumbfuck writers who think pitcher wins matter :(

Scherzer has more going for him than wins. it's a 3 way race between Felix, max, and yu. hard to say any are undeserving, and that's with ignoring win loss records.

also, Damn. Matt Harvey was fun to watch, airways feel terrible when a young player has an injury like this.

WJD

Depends on how strict your requirement are on where you want to sit. The earlier you book, obviously you can lock down specific seats.

I'd also recommend checking out an online ticket store just to see what the views are from different parts of the park so you can choose a seat that suits your budget and viewing ability

McClutch will win. Puig has a better chance at Rookie of the Year if the Marlins shut down Fernandez.

There's always Kershaw in the mix too but I don't think he would get it.

I would get them in advance but if you buy them from StubHub you can usually get them cheaper the day of the game.

Get them off of Stubhub or something the day of or the day before. It's kind of a nightmare to get there in the first place so just make sure you have tickets before hand.

Sweet, thanks guys I'll look into stub hub. And how do you mean it's a nightmare to get there? We were thinking of just getting a cab from our hostel.

Sweet, thanks guys I'll look into stub hub. And how do you mean it's a nightmare to get there? We were thinking of just getting a cab from our hostel.
Mainly the traffic to and from the stadium is terrible. I'd suggest that you leave as early as you can.

Top Bottom