• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB World Series 2015 |OT| Disrupting the time continuum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hopfrog

Gotta wonder how short Cueto's leash is right now. Ned won't want to go to the pen too early after last night but you don't want to press your luck either.

Oh man the Royals just keep making contact with the ball.
That's one thing I love about their aggressiveness. They might get in pitcher counts a lot, but they don't strike out.

You earn your outs against the Royals. For what it's worth, the Mets are playing great defense, outside of the inside the park homer.

Syrinx

Royals are just a better team than the Mets and match up really well with them.

That's really the most I've gotten from this game/series.

Choomp

Banned
Royals are just a better team than the Mets and match up really well with them.

That's really the most I've gotten from this game/series.

We knew this going in, it was going to come down to the pitching holding off KC for as long and as much as possible and we'd have to see some improvements from the offense. If they can't make anything happening and come back we have to hope they fare a lot better at the plate at home.

JDHarbs

tumblr_mnthg0EPtK1rvjt2vo1_250.gif

We know the secret to good Cueto now: have him pitch only home games

I'm positive that is why Yost moved him from third in the order to second. No more "Cueeeeee-tooooooo" like last series. Even if this series goes long, he'll pitch at home again in game six or seven.

Herrera, Davis should be Ned's mantra right now.

Herrera, Davis.

Yep. But if I had to guess, he lets Cueto go out until a runner gets on. Normally, I'd be driven to the brink of insanity by Yost doing that, because I'd rather Herrera have a clean slate, but after last night I can understand it.

LJ11

Yep. Not making any accusations of stealing signs or anything, just sucks.

What sucked more was his location, he was just up in the zone that entire inning. So he may have tipped something, but he wasn't spotting the ball. Didn't help that the ump squeezed the fuck out of him against Gordon.

Shit looks over to me, was pretty confident going into the series but I should have known better.

I realize Mets fans have a defeatist attitude, but you have the next three games at home. If you take care of business, this series is far from done.

Now if KC steals one game in New York, then yeah...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom