• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB World Series 2015 |OT| Disrupting the time continuum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lexxism

After seeing this,
OeGq4Tw.png

Go Mets! Please beat the Royals!

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Mets' roster:

Catchers (2): Travis d'Arnaud, Kevin Plawecki

Infielders (6): Lucas Duda, Wilmer Flores, Kelly Johnson, Daniel Murphy, Juan Uribe, David Wright

Outfielders (6): Yoenis Cespedes, Michael Conforto, Michael Cuddyer, Curtis Granderson, Juan Lagares, Kirk Nieuwenhuis

Pitchers (11): Tyler Clippard, Bartolo Colon, Jacob deGrom, Jeurys Familia, Sean Gilmartin, Matt Harvey, Steven Matz, Jonathon Niese, Addison Reed, Hansel Robles, Noah Syndergaard

Royals' roster:

Catchers (2): Drew Butera, Salvador Perez

Infielders (7): Christian Colon, Alcides Escobar, Eric Hosmer, Raul Mondesi Jr., Kendrys Morales, Mike Moustakas, Ben Zobrist

Outfielders (5): Lorenzo Cain, Jarrod Dyson, Alex Gordon, Paulo Orlando, Alex Rios

Pitchers (11): Johnny Cueto, Wade Davis, Danny Duffy, Kelvin Herrera, Luke Hochevar, Ryan Madson, Kris Medlen, Franklin Morales, Yordano Ventura, Edinson Volquez, Chris Young

So just curious... if Mondesi makes his MLB debut during the World Series and then (perish the thought) the Royals lose again, does he still get an AL Champ ring? I know players who were with the team earlier in the season do, but what about one who came on AFTER the title was won?

JDHarbs

Mets' roster:

Catchers (2): Travis d'Arnaud, Kevin Plawecki

Infielders (6): Lucas Duda, Wilmer Flores, Kelly Johnson, Daniel Murphy, Juan Uribe, David Wright

Outfielders (6): Yoenis Cespedes, Michael Conforto, Michael Cuddyer, Curtis Granderson, Juan Lagares, Kirk Nieuwenhuis

Pitchers (11): Tyler Clippard, Bartolo Colon, Jacob deGrom, Jeurys Familia, Sean Gilmartin, Matt Harvey, Steven Matz, Jonathon Niese, Addison Reed, Hansel Robles, Noah Syndergaard

Royals' roster:

Catchers (2): Drew Butera, Salvador Perez

Infielders (7): Christian Colon, Alcides Escobar, Eric Hosmer, Raul Mondesi Jr., Kendrys Morales, Mike Moustakas, Ben Zobrist

Outfielders (5): Lorenzo Cain, Jarrod Dyson, Alex Gordon, Paulo Orlando, Alex Rios

Pitchers (11): Johnny Cueto, Wade Davis, Danny Duffy, Kelvin Herrera, Luke Hochevar, Ryan Madson, Kris Medlen, Franklin Morales, Yordano Ventura, Edinson Volquez, Chris Young
Mondesi over Gore is interesting. Royals lost some serious speed.

of course sp is important.

KC's sp are no pushovers. maybe not on the same level as mets sp, but KC offense can make any pitching staff, no matter how good, look completely average.

KC hits for great average and they are a good offense, but they are not a dominant lineup by any means. They scored the fewest runs this season of any AL playoff team, although they are hot right now. I dont think they have a significant advantage over the Mets, especially without the DH.

The key is going to be the Mets defense. They are clearly worse on defense than the Royals and with Murphy and Flores up the middle, they are very susceptible to the Royals bread and butter.

KC hits for great average and they are a good offense, but they are not a dominant lineup by any means. They scored the fewest runs this season of any AL playoff team, although they are hot right now. I dont think they have a significant advantage over the Mets, especially without the DH.

The key is going to be the Mets defense. They are clearly worse on defense than the Royals and with Murphy and Flores up the middle, they are very susceptible to the Royals bread and butter.

well, defense wins championships after all

Mets offense since the deadline is either 1st or 2nd in basically every major category. They've been blazing hot since the deadline, hitting isn't as big an advantage as people make it out to be.

well, defense wins championships after all

Perhaps, but I was specifically talking about fielding. If we are talking overall defense, then you have to factor in pitching. The Mets have the clear advantage when it comes to the starters, who will hopefully pitch more than 2/3 of the Mets innings.

In almost the exact same amount of innings pitched for their team, the KC starters allowed a full run more than the Mets' starters per 9 innings (175 ER in 566 IP compared to 238 ER in 568.1 IP). The Royals play in the AL, so that accounts for at least .25 runs per game, but .75 R/9 is a decided margin in the Mets favor.

Of course, the Royals make up a good chunk of that advantage with their bullpen. They have the best reliever in the game and two other guys right behind him that are excellent. The Mets have a great closer, but they fall off a cliff after that.

So, I guess what I'm saying is that there's a good reason Vegas has this as a coin flip. Both teams have advantages but neither team has a huge hole anywhere. Should be a great series.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Mets offense since the deadline is either 1st or 2nd in basically every major category. They've been blazing hot since the deadline, hitting isn't as big an advantage as people make it out to be.

Before the NLCS Cubs fans couldn't stop talking about how they beat the best team and were from the best division and beat the Mets 7 straight during the series.

The only thing that scares me is that 6 day layoff.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Who would have thought Murphy would have made the cover at the start of the postseason? Amazin'

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
such a joyless human. you're playing a game, if it bores you that much go home and yell at goats or cows or whatever it is you farm in the off-season.

Hey, we tried to offer you the odd years but the council couldn't get their shit together to work out the deal. So the other NY team ended up with it! Let's see if they pull their end of the bargain.

kris.

Banned
Mondesi over Gore is interesting. Royals lost some serious speed.

I saw a video of Mondesi hauling ass in AA this season, dude is blazing fast. Not as fast as Gore, but Mondesi's also got a slightly stronger bat apparently and I think it'll work out.

Malo

Banned
Hey, we tried to offer you the odd years but the council couldn't get their shit together to work out the deal. So the other NY team ended up with it! Let's see if they pull their end of the bargain.
I told you by 2017. We have to get rid of some of these bad contracts first.

Joei

Cleveland fan here so don't have a horse in the race, but I think I'm pulling for KC in this one. Either way, should be a really good series.

Chris R

Mets are my nl team so I'm pulling for them, but honestly, I'd root for any nl team outside of Stl/LA over the Royals

Malo

Banned
And solrac keeps saying you don't speak for the council. Who to believe?!
Solrac is Grandpa Simpson, part of the old guard. He doesn't hold much authority in the council anymore. I run this shit with dp being my vp until he rages on someone and gets banned.
DH.

Also because Murphy can play more positions than 2B. He has utility value.
We need the dh spot for A-Gawd and Beltran. He would mostly play second for us and he's terrible there.

And we don't have much money coming off the books, if they decide to pay a guy it'll be for Upton or Heyward. Preferably Heyward.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Uh oh, there's some bad news about Jacob deGrom breaking now.

Turns out he's planning to cut his hair off after the series.

Choomp

Banned
Couldn't think about anything else all day, legit nervous right now. Hoo boy, this should be a fun one Royals fans. I'm not ready hold me

I'd really like to think Harvey lives for games like this and comes out breathing fire. The Royals lineup is filled with good hitters so he and the rest of the staff really need to be on the top of their game and make at least 6 innings each start.

Malo

Banned
David Waldstein @DavidWaldstein: If the Mets win the World Series does Bobby Bonilla get a ring?

Good question. He still is on the payroll after all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom