• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT4| BangBros

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
my brother hit me behind the ear with a cordless home phone a while back, I was out like Can Velasquez

That equilibrium disruption. Walked into the end of a metal pole on a rotary clothesline ear-first and went down like Cain and Lyoto combined.

On a related note, something I've been thinking about is slips. They're not taken advantage of that frequently. Do fighters train to quickly get up from the slippery decal coated octagon canvas, minimising any chance for an opponent to capitalise? Or is there some sort of gentlemen's agreement about a grace period for self induced slips?

As much as I dislike Kos, he has enough ko threat to make his fights fun to watch. I don't think of him as a lnper although he certainly has had his moments. Hate his personality and faking the eye poke, but I can't see him getting cut.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
So I've just learnt that I'm the bad guy in Metal Gear Rising.

Pretty sweet deal for an MGS fan like myself.

As much as I dislike Kos, he has enough ko threat to make his fights fun to watch. I don't think of him as a lnper although he certainly has had his moments. Hate his personality and faking the eye poke, but I can't see him getting cut.

Plus Robbie Lawler hs been looking like absolute shit lately. He gets in there and closes his eyes and starts swinging wildly. Its funny hearing Miletich call his fight cause you can just hear the exasperation in his voice.

Watching some awesome Bad Women's MMA this morning in anticipation of today's UFC. Serena the Jockey Blair vs Cassandra Undertaker Nix. Really excellent match, recommend.

industrian

The thing I love the most about new console launches is the completely and utterly cyclical nature of them. It's quite literally the seven year rule. Same thread topics, same speculative articles, same bashing of speculative objects that don't exist yet, same hype, same storylines, same number of bannings. Hopefully the 15 year olds that permeate gaming side will remember this shit when the PS5 is announced in 2020.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Nintendo fans live in their own world, kind of like Apple fans (I'm an Apple fan). Not sure why anyone pays attention.

Apple fans are weird. They make these things like Ipads and Iphones and whatever look like fashion statements lol

The human's brain capacity to still cling on the most superficial bullshit never ceases to amaze.

industrian

The human's brain capacity to still cling on the most superficial bullshit never ceases to amaze.

Humans instinctively desire to belong to a tribe. You see this naturally in families and close friend social units and more frightening in politics, gaming and superfluous shit like that.

I'm not an Apple fanatic of any means, but the fact that their stuff simply works without any hacks, FAQs, blue screens and/or driver installation merry-go-rounds makes me love them. Them having their shit 100% together when it comes to hardware, software and content equilibrium is commendable as well - especially since they literally built all of this within the last 5 years.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Apple fans are weird. They make these things like Ipads and Iphones and whatever look like fashion statements lol

Well I think there's a difference between Apple fans and iPhone fans. A lot of iPhone fans are just trendy hipsters.

TheNatural

My Member!
Apple fans are more annoying, because there's more of them. And they have started the shovelware generation of Family Dollar games.

You want novel cheap games with content that are good for more than 5 minutes, Humble Bundle + Steam + GOG is where its at. Don't need to build a dream PC to play them, they're good, and cheap as fuck.

Anyway, when do prelims start.

industrian

I do think Apple makes good products by the way.

My girlfriend bought a Macbook Air last summer, which I initially considered overpriced crap compared to ultrabooks and full-fledged laptops on the market in similar pricepoints, but the thing is great at what it does and the trackpad doesn't fucking suck.

That and my girlfriend bought me an iPad 4 for my birthday and it's glorious. The UI could be doing with a slight overhaul to allow widgets of some sorts (why do I need to launch separate apps for calculator, weather, time, etc?) but I'm more than happy with it.

For the last 3 years I've wanted to buy a MacBook Pro, but my niggards-with-attitude Scottish instincts always kick in and I realise I could build a mack daddy desktop for the same amount.

so, who wanna Kickstart this:

h1aKNCZ.png

dream

Heeeeeeeyyyyyy viofriend, I read the first two issues of the thing you recommended and enjoyed it very much. Thanks.

Quake1028

Oh I like it, but I just reverted to my original av that I rocked for many years as per Natch's suggestion.

You're welcome. Its the only must read being published by the big 2 in my opinion.

I think Thor is the best thing being put out by the big 2, but it's not the only must read. Not by a long shot.

You talking about comics? What's some good stuff I can read, consider that I haven't read a comic book in years so there should be plenty material.

Recommend me some genuinely good stuff Kaep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom