• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT4| BangBros

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
This feels like the standard MMA-GAF discussion where we argue in circles and don't prove a damn thing.

G) No response

Rising is sooooo damn good. On the final boss now, I had to restart the level over just to have extra health paste and now I can beat him. Gonna finish this fight in 10 min.

VoxPop

I just now realized that Silva vs Stann is a light heavyweight fight. Hopefully Wanderlei been working on his conditioning

Wanderlei Silva vs. Brian Stann

Sweet, no idea it was @ 205. Wand is going to get pummeled against the cage by a Japanese man until his knees give out and crumples to the floor like the sad piece of aluminum he always was effectively sending him into retirement as you see Sakuraba in the crowd clapping on with a giant grin on his face.

Mark Hunt vs. Stefan Struve

Not as exciting and important to the title picture as the other greatest freakshow/novelty fights of all time in

Fedor vs Nagata/Fujita/Goodridge/Ogawa/TK/Zulu/Coleman/Hunt/Lindland/HMC/Timmay

but it will do. Struve will bait Hunto to the floor and sub him in under 5 minutes in true overmatched fashion. I'm glad Dana threw in one freakshow fight as a tribute to the late, great, WWE.

Takanori Gomi vs. Diego Sanchez

Gomi has absolutely nothing except his terrible boxing against a fast and hungry Diego 'YES!' Sanchez. Who destroys him with effective jabs and straights en route to a TKO win in the 2nd round. The Japanese crowd who were in much silence throughout the bout while their hero was getting pummeled, start chanting 'YES! YES! YES!' as they stomp their feet for the amped New Mexico native.

Hector Lombard vs. Yushin Okami

Lombard will just be too strong for Okami's usual grinding style and overpower him throughout the fight landing effective blows till he gasses in the 3rd and gets completely outworked by Okami. Lombard will win the split decision earning himself a title shot at the P4P best fighter int he world, also to much dismay of the Chris Weidman conspiracy theorists and certain GAFers.

Siyar Bahadurzada vs. Dong Hyun Kim

Despite his injury mishap in his quest to Welterweight Championship glory, DHK is coming back from a strong showing against Paulo Thiago which included Saku-esque mongolian chops and mediocre grappling. Siyar also knocked out the very same man with an uninspiring backpedaling KO. Stun Gun will wallhug him and lay on him for 3 rounds with ease coming out as a the new upper echelon gatekeeper in place of the once somewhat interesting, Jon Fitch.

Heel

This feels like the standard MMA-GAF discussion where we argue in circles and don't prove a damn thing.

G) No response

what? dude, Hunt is gonna KO the shit out of Struve, Mighty Mo vs Hong Man Choi style.

dlaFLWs.gif

VoxPop

what? dude, Hunt is gonna KO the shit out of Struve, Mighty Mo vs Hong Man Choi style.

Hunt got subbed by Fedor and Sean McCorkle (in 1 minute). And had two terrible performances against Rothwell and Chris Tuchscherer. Not to mention his lucky punch over Kongo.

Against Struve who is on a hot streak with 4 straight wins over Barry, PeeWee, The Rock and CroCop. All finishes. Struve will choke this fool out in the first round.

who ya crappin?

Bigfoot Silva got KOed by Cain and Cormier. And had two terrible performances against Werdum and Pele. Not to mention his lucky punch over Fedor.

Against Overeem who is on a hot streak with 4 straight wins over Lesnar, Werdum, Dufee and Rodgers. All finishes. Overeem will KO this fool out in the first round.

who ya crappin?

VoxPop

Bigfoot Silva got KOed by Cain and Cormier. And had two terrible performances against Werdum and Pele. Not to mention his lucky punch over Fedor.

Against Overeem who is on a hot streak with 4 straight wins over Lesnar, Werdum, Dufee and Rodgers. All finishes. Overeem will KO this fool out in the first round.

who ya crappin?

Are you really comparing Big Foot and Overeem to Struve and Hunt? Lmao. I'm done here.

Are you really comparing Big Foot and Overeem to Struve and Hunt? Lmao. I'm done here.

no, i'm showing how fuckin retarded your MMAth is, using "this and this guy subbed this one, so this other guy will too because he subbed this other guy".

you'll be cherished at the Sherdog forums, though. go there.

VoxPop

no, i'm showing how fuckin retarded your MMAth is, using "this and this guy subbed this one, so this other guy will too because he subbed this other guy".

you'll be cherished at the Sherdog forums, though. go there.

MMAth?

Yeah it has nothing to do with Struve being an established grappler with 16 of his 24 wins by submission and Hunt's 7 of 8 losses being by submission. Did I mention Sean McCorkle?

muddream

Banned
I'm not sure Struve has this in the bag even if he doesn't trade punches like a retard. He's more of a clinch takedown guy and I don't see that happening against someone as strong as Hunt.

MMAth?

Yeah it has nothing to do with Struve being an established grappler with 16 of his 24 wins by submission and Hunt's 7 of 8 losses being by submission. Did I mention Sean McCorkle?

oh man, you're right. like the submission machine Aoki vs Nagashima, Aoki subbed the kickboxer with a... oh wait, he ate a fuckin knee and went down like a turd.

dude, it's 2013. you should know by now match-ups and stats mean shit, it's what happens inside the cage that matters.

VoxPop

oh man, you're right. like the submission machine Aoki vs Nagashima, Aoki subbed the kickboxer with a... oh wait, he ate a fuckin knee and went down like a turd.

dude, it's 2013. you should know by now match-ups and stats mean shit, it's what happens inside the cage that matters.

Like when Hunt got ktfo by a middleweight? Yeah sure Struve is a 1 dimension grappler who can't strike worth a shit and only scoot on his butt.

Heel

I'm not sure Struve has this in the bag even if he doesn't trade punches like a retard. He's more of a clinch takedown guy and I don't see that happening against someone as strong as Hunt.

There's a reason the line is so close.

Struve isn't much of an offensive grappler (vast majority of his subs have been off his back, you could probably count the number of takedowns in his UFC career on one hand) and has shown himself to be in love with his hands and chinny against high-level strikers.

TheNatural

My Member!

Like when Hunt got ktfo by a middleweight? Yeah sure Struve is a 1 dimension grappler who can't strike worth a shit and only scoot on his butt.

exactly. you just disproved your point by proving mine using this fight as an example. thank you, for a minute i lost hope you would get it.

funniest-dog-gifs-clever-dog.gif

Heel

Early UFC 157 PPV buy estimates: 400-450k for Ronda Rousey's debut

Big Dave Meltzer said:
Over 400,000....they're absolutely thrilled. The show, it was...they had predicted 250. Budgeted 250, I shouldn't say predicted. But I mean, the predictions internally were 250-300. So they blew away their predictions, big time. It's..uh..yeah..it's not as big as I've seen some numbers floating around, it wasn't THAT big, but if you think about what all things considered it was enormous. It was a huge success. Actually, the reality is that it was probably...there was a very good chance that the promotion of Rousey was TOO successful because she's been offered a role in the next...whatever it is...the next Hunger Games movie that they're going to film. And once that happens it's like...you know, who knows? She's making a lot of money fighting, I don't know what those numbers are going to be when they come out when they're released. But she's making a ton of money. They signed her to a hell of a contract because they really did believe...not necessarily that she'd be this giant PPV draw, but in other ways she'd be incredibly valuable to the company. And so far she has turned out to be more valuable than they expected.

They're expecting big replay buys. Big replay buys means 25,000-30,000 more than they have right now. It could do mid fours, maybe more, but that's a nice number to say. Put it that way.

450k, you say?

ColbertCalledIt.gif

MjFrancis

I'll remember not to use MMA math or use stats or match-ups to guess which fighter may win before a fight happens so as not to offend our good friend Lambda Piscium. I'll be using this thread exclusively to talk about fights after the fact.

i had 500k, close enough.

I'll remember not to use MMA math or use stats or match-ups to guess which fighter may win before a fight happens so as not to offend our good friend Lambda Piscium. I'll be using this thread exclusively to talk about fights after the fact.

i have no problem with pre-fight discussion, i just find it sad that people use stats as gospel and be-all-end-all.

and MMAth is dumbfuckery.

VoxPop

exactly. you just disproved your point by proving mine using this fight as an example. thank you, for a minute i lost hope you would get it.

The only point you made is that Hunt got ktfo by a middleweight. A bad one at that.

I call for a Hunt x Struve loser leaves town match between us. What say you?!

MjFrancis

i have no problem with pre-fight discussion, i just find it sad that people use stats as gospel and be-all-end-all.

and MMAth is dumbfuckery.
People use stats to justify all sorts of shit in sports. And I'll point out VoxPop only used them to justify his prediction after the fact rather than initially. I'd assume he knows they aren't gospel, either. But stats can be useful if they aren't abused.

And MMA Math is fun because it works half the time.
LOL

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Is Manhoef the mw vox is referring to? If we look at losses from 3-4 years ago around that time period Struve lost to a much crappier fighter in M'pumbu..

Stats is one thing. For example looking at Chael's record you can see he's always been weak against Subs.. so he's more likely to lose by Sub than by KO. But MMAmath (X lost to Y, Y lost to Z so X will easily beat Z) is sad. And it should just be called Sportsmath because people have been doing that in every sport since the dawn of time and it's never been consistent. It's a good way to troll over-excited fans though.

MjFrancis

But MMAmath (X lost to Y, Y lost to Z so X will easily beat Z) is sad. And it should just be called Sportsmath because people have been doing that in every sport since the dawn of time and it's never been consistent. It's a good way to troll over-excited fans though.
Nothing gets panties in a bunch faster than MMA Math. Nothing.

Heel

Mark Hunt 2.0 has been training with 6'7" Gracie BB Gigante Villela. Your MMA Math is null and void, friends. Hunt by gogoplata.

BACrKd2CAAAlTTq.jpg

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
I almost want to stop making predictions altogether. MMA is so unpredictable and I switch between making picks based on who I want to win and who I think will actually win.

TheNatural

My Member!
So you PC optimization experts help me out here. Core i3 laptop with Intel HD 4000 graphics. I'm trying to optimize the older GTA games to look and run best.

Which is the best way to do with resolution, frame limiter, graphics detail, draw distance, and anti aliasing settings? GTA III only has a draw distance and frame limiter setting and runs pretty well even with draw distance turned all the way up. I messed around a little with San Andreas, and it can't handle everything turned all the way up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom