• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT4| BangBros

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey MMA-GAF, not sure if this is at all relevant to your interests, but Kazushi Sakuraba got his elbow dislocated by Yuji Nagata on the NJPW iPPV a couple of hours ago. Tried to roll out of a backdrop driver!

Also, Bob Sapp & Akebono were throwing bombs at each other in an 8-man tag earlier in the show, a singles match between the two might be on the table for the near future.

Very relevant to our interests, lol.

Thank you friend.

Okay so fill me on yesterday's madness. Ghita/Saki? I know mou jabbed his way to victory and couldn't do much with his knee fucked.
Yeah Mousasi GSP'd his way through that fight and then in the post fight interview he even admitted that what he was doing was the standup equivalent of LnP.

Also,

0000.gif

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
It feels like I've been away for a week. I was away in the countryside for Thursday-Sunday.

I've said this a million times but it always surprises me: leave Taipei (or Seoul when you're in Korea, Tokyo when you're in Japan, etc) and you may as well be entering a totally different country. The differences can be quite crazy sometimes.

That and I visited a dairy farm of all places. It felt good to drink proper milk for the first time in 2 years.

Back on topic though: I'm guessing Phil de Vries will get his pink slip within 48 hours. Maybe he can try Bellator or cutting to 205, but the fact that his only successes are against other mediocre English HWs says a lot. I'd like to see Mitrione vs. Duffee or Miocic next.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Back on topic though: I'm guessing Phil de Vries will get his pink slip within 48 hours. Maybe he can try Bellator or cutting to 205, but the fact that his only successes are against other mediocre English HWs says a lot. I'd like to see Mitrione vs. Duffee or Miocic next.

When you're getting finished by Matt Mitrione inside of 20 seconds, it's time to find a new career path. Make the right choice, Phil.

Calling this right now. McGregor is going to be a contender soon. Dudes been a multidivisional champ and is deadly as hell. He should plow through the FW division in no time and fight Aldo/Pettis. He'd legit kill Korean Zombie, Guida, Hioki, Mendes, Lamas, Roop etc. Watch out for this kid.

I don't blame Mousasi for being boring as fuck. Too big a risk to get KTFO by a full in no name opponent. His stock would have dropped faster than Mitrone KOing a scrub in 20 seconds.

McGregor has contender potential for sure. The division isn't exactly brimming with talent either so, he can rise through the ranks pretty quick.

Vio-Lence

Banned
how is everyone in mma-gaf a mod in this wrasslin IRC?? are you guys a part of that community as well, is this is some high level trolling i'm not aware of.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
how is everyone in mma-gaf a mod in this wrasslin IRC?? are you guys a part of that community as well, is this is some high level trolling i'm not aware of.

I believe our resident sniper pauly started the chat. Either way I think im with you friend. GOT and Vikings for tonight.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
They didn't cheer for anything. Shitty fans up there.

The crowd was good for Daniel Bryan and the Punk/Taker match. Not a great crowd overall but the event did suck for the most part. I wouldn't expect a hot crowd for the next Mighty Mouse title defense either.

SteveWD40

Any of you lot going to watch the Manchester Derby? There's a greater chance of seeing a real fight than watching MMA :p

If by fight you mean "hold me back" posturing that would at best lead to this:

fJlRGoK.gif

then yeah.

Edit: and I live in Manchester city centre, so hate the derby ;)

industrian

Any of you lot going to watch the Manchester Derby? There's a greater chance of seeing a real fight than watching MMA :p

Even the fans get involved :lol

Manchester derby. El oh el.

Then again we're odds on not having an Old Firm match for another 1-2 years or so depending on restructuring our league system or whatnot so whatever, I guess your "rivalry" will have to do.

SteveWD40

Manchester derby. El oh el.

Then again we're odds on not having an Old Firm match for another 1-2 years or so depending on restructuring our league system or whatnot so whatever, I guess your "rivalry" will have to do.

Age old rivalry between City fans (local pikeys are recent fairweather converts) and Utd fans (Singaporeans and Londoners)...

Shit game anyway, even Hand Egg is more fun to watch these days.

industrian

Age old rivalry between City fans (local pikeys are recent fairweather converts) and Utd fans (Singaporeans and Londoners)...

Shit game anyway, even Hand Egg is more fun to watch these days.

I commend the Hearts fans at least for trying to raise their game in Rangers absence.

Hell, the last football game I saw in person was Hearts vs. Celtic in May 2011. The atmosphere was toxic as fucking hell, more like a DMZ than a football game. One of the Hearts fans even jumped the fence and took a swing at überprick Neil Lennon.

But very few sporting rivalries will ever come close to the Old Firm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom