• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT4| BangBros

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heel

lol Chael Cornette selling the hell out of this kid. Is he gonna walk Uriah out with a tennis racket?

Let's see him in there with a battle-tested wrestlefucker before we crown The Next Anderson Silver™.

Well first fight was predictable. I could see it coming a mile away, well not the way it ended honestly but the outcome. Sonnen acting sore saying Uriah can beat Spider...lol

(i know your room looks similar)

0007_556q.gif

I'm not home right now but believe me my room is nice. No paintings on the wall but I am going to buy this print. I have good taste dude.

I'm not impressed, Dana selling wolf tickets. Almost lost a round to a scared puppy, this guy is gonna crash and burn when he stops being put against scrubs. Watch.

Heel

I'm not impressed, Dana selling wolf tickets. Almost lost a round to a scared puppy, this guy is gonna crash and burn when he stops being put against scrubs. Watch.

If he wins the finale he'll be Joe Silver's next TUF pet project. It'll be 2 years before we find out the truth one way or the other.

As far as prospects go I'm a lot higher on Conor McGregor. Not to say that Clay Guida wouldn't 30-27 him next month, but he has a lot of upside for sure.

Uriah's only losses have been to two dudes who've pretty much been running through their UFC opponents. Does Uriah have what it takes to be a champ? Remains to be seen but I'm confident he's good enough to beat the majority of the division.

Heel

I'm not even convinced Uriah Hall could beat C.B. Dollaway at this juncture. I'd like to see him fight Cung Le before his bubble pops, though. Mickey Soares' #1 contender match up.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I hope Uriah isn't as gassed up as some of his fans I see around the net. It's one thing to give a guy confidence but telling him he can already beat guys like Canderson and Weidman, the latter of which already crushed his soul, is a bit much for me.

For his sake, I hope Dana and Joe Silver don't go nuts and start booking him against contenders right away.

Side note: The voice of Jon Jones does not inspire the slightest bit of confidence.

Heel

I hope Uriah isn't as gassed up as some of his fans I see around the net. It's one thing to give a guy confidence but telling him he can already beat guys like Canderson and Weidman, the latter of which already crushed his soul, is a bit much for me.

For his sake, I hope Dana and Joe Silver don't go nuts and start booking him against contenders right away.

UFC on FOX Sports 1 3: Hall vs. Sadollah

Heel

TheChits

I'm not even convinced Uriah Hall could beat C.B. Dollaway at this juncture. I'd like to see him fight Cung Le before his bubble pops, though. Mickey Soares' #1 contender match up.

Hall vs. Cung Le would actually be really cool.
Gunnar is off the 160 card and has been replaced by Rick Story

muddream

Banned
I'll throw my hat in the ring for Uriah Hall, his athleticism is unprecedented in UFC history which should be more than enough to turn him into an unstoppable champion unless he makes bad personal decisions such as not embracing the tutelage of Firas Zahabi at the Tristar Gym in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. Bunch of negative nancies around here..

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
If he can do that to a top 10 185er, THEN I'll be impressed.

Yep. Since the gif was linked, I'll spoiler the details.
Can't help but think that getting KOd from guard says more about the person on the receving end than it does about the person dishing it out. I don't watch TUF, was he rocked before he shot?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)

he almost lost the round (debatable) because he got taken down and tried for too long for a kimora... the second he gave up that submission he won. from the bottom. using this to say your not impressed is pretty crazy dude.

Can't help but think that getting KOd from guard says more about the person on the receving end than it does about the person dishing it out. I don't watch TUF, was he rocked before he shot?

he didnt really ko him from the bottom, just made him quit. following that gif uriah on top pounded the shit out of him with really impressive and vicious gnp (that jack hammer!). also, the guy wasnt really rocked (wobbly), but he had taken a good beating before getting the fight to the ground. maybe that led to him giving up mentally?

he almost lost the round (debatable) because he got taken down and tried for too long for a kimora... the second he gave up that submission he won. from the bottom. using this to say your not impressed is pretty crazy dude.

It's like you didn't even see the fight. Daniel was doing nothing, nothing. Like nothing nothing.

He stood there and kept getting hit, for a full round where he threw like 4 punches and missed and in the second round after again doing nothing and after he had been hurt, managed to get uriah on the ground.

Am I supposed to be impressed because Hall was able to defeat a guy who was scared to even throw a punch?

Let's take into account the level of competition in TUF, let's take into account that Daniel was the last pick, let's take into account that the last place on earth the guy wanted to be was in the ring this time around, he didn't even try. There was nothing to be seen here.

Kelvin manhandled Josh and finished him in the first round, a guy who was considerably more dangerous than Daniel.

Sorry bub, you are buying dem wolf tickets.

ElyrionX

I haven't been watching MMA for a particularly long time but to me, Uriah Hall really is amazing. The only other TUF that I've watched was the Faber vs Cruz one and that was really boring because the standard of the fights was just not there. You could tell those guys from that season weren't very good from the way they fought and the way they moved. This season has been completely different though and Hall really stands above everyone else. He moves with so much grace and his kicks are incredible to behold. They are so fast and they hit so hard. Dylan was literally battered and pounded to defeat. Jones was constantly asking him to go on the offense but when you're getting hit so hard from a defensive position, it's going to be psychologically difficult to mount an offense and open yourself up to even harder hits.

"My first question was ‘coaching guys or girls?' and he said ‘both,'" Tate said. "He said 'It's going to be crazy. I said ‘you better have mandatory birth control and lots of condoms available, ‘cause it's going to get crazy, and getting knocked up isn't very good for your career.' And he said ‘yeah I know, its worse than getting knocked out.'

i7vaddsnxlunnmzaio.gif

It's like you didn't even see the fight. Daniel was doing nothing, nothing. Like nothing nothing.

He stood there and kept getting hit, for a full round where he threw like 4 punches and missed and in the second round after again doing nothing and after he had been hurt, managed to get uriah on the ground.

Am I supposed to be impressed because Hall was able to defeat a guy who was scared to even throw a punch?

Let's take into account the level of competition in TUF, let's take into account that Daniel was the last pick, let's take into account that the last place on earth the guy wanted to be was in the ring this time around, he didn't even try. There was nothing to be seen here.

Kelvin manhandled Josh and finished him in the first round, a guy who was considerably more dangerous than Daniel.

Sorry bub, you are buying dem wolf tickets.

Daniel just came off a win knocking out a top pick in a war. Uriah put every opponent he faced into the hospital. Let's not downplay the reason why these dudes are scared of Uriah. Your other points are alright though.

Also.. I thought it was pretty clear the only reason Uriah took so long to finish is because he pulled a GSP and didn't want to break dude. A trait I'm not too fond of in fighters. It's a bit more understandable in TUF through since breaks can ruin careers before they effectively even start.

Daniel just came off a win knocking out a top pick in a war. Uriah put every opponent he faced into the hospital. Let's not downplay the reason why these dudes are scared of Uriah. Your other points are alright though.

Also.. I thought it was pretty clear the only reason Uriah took so long to finish is because he pulled a GSP and didn't want to break dude. A trait I'm not too fond of in fighters. It's a bit more understandable in TUF through since breaks can ruin careers before they effectively even start.

Honestly, Daniel knocking out the troll looking guy meant nothing to me. That guy is pure shit, and never showed any promise. Uriah knocking out blondie and Bubba meant zero too me too, I mean the style in which he did it was impressive in the sense that Uriah hits hard fast but look at who he was fighting.

Bubba? Why because he made Kevin Casey quit between rounds, because he was tired...after two rounds. I wouldn't put it past Kelvin to win in the TUF finale and derail Dana's plans.

I dunno, I'm on the Uriah train. His 3 fights have been disgusting. The guys looks seriously hurt after. Even this last one, maybe the guy gave up but his face looked like it had gotten hit with a baseball bat in the post interview.

I dunno, I'm on the Uriah train. His 3 fights have been disgusting. The guys looks seriously hurt after. Even this last one, maybe the guy gave up but his face looked like it had gotten hit with a baseball bat in the post interview.
If he wins at the finale I think they may give him a highly ranked guy...

IMO Okami would hug him all the way down to 170. I also think Kelvin can win on Saturday with the good ol' LnP though. Hope I'm proven wrong.

This Saturday's TUF Finale card is definitely a must-see.

IMO Okami would hug him all the way down to 170. I also think Kelvin can win on Saturday with the good ol' LnP though. Hope I'm proven wrong.

Honestly, Hall's striking is high enough level that he should've spent the vast majority of his camp leading up to this finale working on grapple and ground game to round him out. If he doesn't get his wrestling to high levels before getting legit matches he'll lose his momentum quick and find himself wandering the planet for inspiration like Brookins and Ryu.

Kelvin's strength seems to be that he just can't be intimidated. I don't know if that's confidence or stupidity but it works in his favor every time either way. Kelvin's safest route to victory will be getting it to the ground early and often. Hall's would be establishing range early and hitting hard.

If Hall fights Kelvin the way he fought Daniel.. he could definitely lose the fight.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
One potential fight I'd love to see is Uriah Hall vs. Michael Page.

Speaking of which, Page is apparently fighting on SFL this Friday.

I would love to see Uriah fight Hector Lombard. Seems like something the UFC would do.

This too.

Then again if Twitter is to be believed, Hector may be cutting to 170 soon.

The guy on top put on some seriously amateur-hour defence when he was getting rocked from the bottom. By the time he decided "covering my head is in fact a good idea" he just left himself open to his fate. Base of the MMA Pyramid indeed...

TheChits

What makes you think Kelvin is going to lnp? He didn't do that once the entire season.

Kelvin finished every one of his opponents at the TUF house. He showed knockout power, good wrestling, good submissions. And the kid has fire in his earth. I saw no LNP and expect no LNP.

I expect good things from him, he's only 21.

brentech

Kelvin finished every one of his opponents at the TUF house. He showed knockout power, good wrestling, good submissions. And the kid has fire in his earth. I saw no LNP and expect no LNP.

I expect good things from him, he's only 21.
I thought early in the season they mentioned that he had the least experience of anyone on TUF previously. Or youngest, one of the 2. Has a good future. Seems they both do, but weirder shit has happened.

Looking back at the guys Uriah fought, they all had confidence issues. Which he seems to as well, but it will be interesting to see someone that's not at all worried of him.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Kelvin is the youngest guy ever on the show. Sadollah had less experience given his record was 0-0 entering the house. Gray Maynard was 2-0.

Hall needs to be fighting the Buddy Roberts types at 185 until his grappling gets up to par. Joe Silver will give him someone like Paul Harris right off the bat though.

Honestly, Hall's striking is high enough level that he should've spent the vast majority of his camp leading up to this finale working on grapple and ground game to round him out. If he doesn't get his wrestling to high levels before getting legit matches he'll lose his momentum quick and find himself wandering the planet for inspiration like Brookins and Ryu.

Kelvin's strength seems to be that he just can't be intimidated. I don't know if that's confidence or stupidity but it works in his favor every time either way. Kelvin's safest route to victory will be getting it to the ground early and often. Hall's would be establishing range early and hitting hard.

If Hall fights Kelvin the way he fought Daniel.. he could definitely lose the fight.
6 months of sprawl ain't gonna do shit for him except make him lose focus in his striking. He needs to focus on his strength like Anderson does. Anderson's TDD is subpar and he's still the top P4P MMA fighter.

And yeah Cumbr, I could easily see Joe Silver doing the Paul Harris thing.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Canderson's overall grappling ability is excellent though despite his takedown defense. If you're not going to be a master of tdd, you better be elite on the ground when the fight gets there. Hall is neither which makes him ripe for a wrestlefuck.

muddream

Banned
Canderson's overall grappling ability is excellent though despite his takedown defense. If you're not going to be a master of tdd, you better be elite on the ground when the fight gets there. Hall is neither which makes him ripe for a wrestlefuck.

He's rocking guys from his back, I'm telling you this kid is nasty, I've never seen anything like it.

6 months of sprawl ain't gonna do shit for him except make him lose focus in his striking. He needs to focus on his strength like Anderson does. Anderson's TDD is subpar and he's still the top P4P MMA fighter.

And yeah Cumbr, I could easily see Joe Silver doing the Paul Harris thing.

Anderson doesn't need top notch TDD because he's got high level BJJ to bail him out. And Hall has been competing in Karate striking matches for years, let alone how long he's been training Karate in general. He won't lose focus in how to throw those strikes. It's second nature by now.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I really thought Dana pacing back and forth in front of Team Sonnen trying to sell wolf tickets was hilarious though.

Nothing is better than seeing Josh Sammon get choked out and dominated by the guy he called out and thought was an "easy" fight. I love seeing guys like Bubba and Josh get their plans backfired on them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom