• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT4| BangBros

Status
Not open for further replies.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
I think I already said this but watching Swamp People and all these other red neck reality shows when you're high is fucking amazing.

Attack on Titan was pretty awesome.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
I didn't even know the history channel had shows like Vikings. I thought it was just docus and shit about history.

Two things:

As sazabirules notes, History has been pursuing... alternative programming for awhile. Shit, they even have Top Shot, which is only "History" when they have people shooting old guns.

Vikings (and the Bible miniseries) is an experiment in introducing historical dramas to the line up. Some of the people in the show are "real" people (well, technically legendary, but whatever). If you don't want to know what will probably happen to Ragnar Lodbock, don't look him up on Wikipedia. Same with Lagertha and Ælla of Northumbria. I would like them to continue with this. I think they could do a hell of an Arthurian show, or even pick up other personages of note that have legend behind them... like Herman the German (Arminius) or Charlemagne.

GungHo

wouldn't going to History.com be easier than asking us amigo?

Come on, Vio-Lence. Let off some steam.

31391_o.gif

Damn I need to get into Vikings. Heard good things about it. I got the rest of this season of Sparticus to catch first. I dont really watch TV shows unless im on the elliptical at the gym doing my cardio sesh.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Why waste time with this Vikings bullshit? You should all watch a movie called Rosewood and educate yourselves on some relevant history.

Gustaffson wants Machida next. Thats pretty brave of him to want to fight the #1 or #2 contender and potentially lose his place in line against Jones. Gus's budo confirmed.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Lawler vs. Saffiedine is being targeted for the Seattle Fox card.

Saffy should be fighting a dude like Condit or Kampmann next. Even with Lawler's destruction of Koscheck I can't help but feel that this is a major step down for Spongy.

Heel

The channel has been composed of reality shows and shows on aliens and conspiracy theories for a long time.

SyFy got you covered, playboy.

Syfy Orders Reality Series From Producers Arthur Smith, Mark Cronin, SallyAnn Salsano

Ahead of its upfront presentation in New York tomorrow, Syfy has given the green light to three unscripted series from top producers: Joe Rogan Questions Everything starring former Fear Factor host Rogan, from Arthur Smith (Hell’s Kitchen); Cosworld, from Mark Cronin (Flavor Of Love); and Fandemonium, from SallyAnn Salsano (Jersey Shore).

Joe Rogan Questions Everything, in which Rogan investigates classic mysteries from Bigfoot to UFOs, will debut July 16.

GungHo

Yaco-friend seems like the type of gentlemen who wouldn't let me date his daughter. Straight cism.

Maybe he just meant that no one dates his daughter but him... like that sennorin guy or whatever his name was.

Two things:

As sazabirules notes, History has been pursuing... alternative programming for awhile. Shit, they even have Top Shot, which is only "History" when they have people shooting old guns.

Vikings (and the Bible miniseries) is an experiment in introducing historical dramas to the line up. Some of the people in the show are "real" people (well, technically legendary, but whatever). If you don't want to know what will probably happen to Ragnar Lodbock, don't look him up on Wikipedia. Same with Lagertha and Ælla of Northumbria. I would like them to continue with this. I think they could do a hell of an Arthurian show, or even pick up other personages of note that have legend behind them... like Herman the German (Arminius) or Charlemagne.

That's pretty awesome. The bible show sucks big time though, and it was the rage over here because Jesus Christ is played by a Portuguese.

Vio-Lence

Banned
this page has taken a turn for the absurd, hypothetical dating scenarios regarding a daughter I don't have, being condemned for liking Vikings by a bunch of dudes that watch Spartacus every Friday night, smh.

dream

Is Young Rose still milking his "injury?"

The 3/16 UFC 158 show with Georges St-Pierre vs. Nick Diaz is now estimated at doing closer to 950,000 worldwide buys which would likely mean closing in on 900,000 in North America. Unless a Jon Jones vs. Anderson Silva or Silva vs. GSP fight materializes, it’s likely to be the largest non-Mayweather PPV show of the year for North America. Given what GSP did with Carlos Condit, that seems to mean Diaz and his unique promotional ability was worth a good 200,000 buys.

Hector Lombard is working with Mike Dolce with at least the thought of moving to 170. UFC would like him to drop, but he weighs 205 and isn’t sure he can drop the amount of muscle necessary to make 170.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
can't believe that young rose is softer than charmin.

First of all, cism. Second, Derrick got hurt on company time, he'll heal on company time too. Sit out for a bit and let the Bulls front office stew in the mess they created. A team that made it a priority to sign VladRad in the offseason doesn't deserve D-Rose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom